Beiträge von zevleu

Hi all,
    I'm running OpenMediaVault(OMV) and I've upgraded from Debian 7 to Debian 8, with upgrade of OMV 2 to 3.
    After the upgrade, my ext4 filesystem is systematically mounted in ReadOnly mode. :thumbdown:
    I did fsck on /dev/sda1; it is clean (anyway it was running perfectly before). FYI, it is a SSD.
    In the journal I found out that the file system is mounted with writeback data mode, while it is not specified in fstab. Googling that, it seems that having writeback mode on filesystem forces it in read only mode. Do you confirm?
    After hours of investigations, I'm still stuck, but here are some information I collected:
    - in previous fstab (on debian 7/OMV 2), data=writeback was specified
    - on my new install (debian 8/OMV 3), even by forcing data=ordered in fstab for my fs, / is still mounted in writeback mode. I did not succeed to force ordered mode I guess there is something in the disk stating it was writeback before, and it cannot switch back ??

Your feedbacks will be appreciated; I'm running omv for my backups and actually need it

Hi all,
    I'm running OpenMediaVault(OMV) and I've upgraded from Debian 7 to Debian 8, with upgrade of OMV 2 to 3.
    After the upgrade, my ext4 filesystem is systematically mounted in ReadOnly mode.
    I did fsck on /dev/sda1; it is clean (anyway it was running perfectly before). FYI, it is a SSD.
    In the journal I found out that the file system is mounted with writeback data mode, while it is not specified in fstab. Googling that, it seems that having writeback mode on filesystem forces it in read only mode. Do you confirm?
    After hours of investigations, I'm still stuck, but here are some information I collected:
    - in previous fstab (on debian 7/OMV 2), data=writeback was specified
    - on my new install (debian 8/OMV 3), even by forcing data=ordered in fstab for my fs, / is still mounted in writeback mode. I did not succeed to force ordered mode I guess there is something in the disk stating it was writeback before, and it cannot switch back ??

Your feedbacks will be appreciated; I'm running omv for my backups and actually need it.