Posts by ph1

Hey guys,

I just upgraded my omv4 to omv5 and just forgot to backup my mysql database before that.

Is there any chance to recover it? I don't even remember the datadir from the previous installation. :/

If it would still be there on the hard disk I would try to recover it in a mysql docker container.

Thank you in advance.

Hmm, the first command apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg is giving me an error already:

Hey guys,

I managed to upgrade from omv 4 to 5 with the help of this post from ryecoaaron: OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

Unfortunately I cannot access the web gui anymore.

I get following errors:

I tried deleting my browser cache and also web interface cache with omv-firstaid.

Output of dpkg -l | grep openmediavault:

Code
    root@omv:/var/lib/dpkg/info# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii openmediavault 5.5.9-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-autoshutdown 4.0.5 all OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin
    ii openmediavault-backup 4.0.6 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-minidlna 3.3.11 all OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ic openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.16 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Do you have any suggestion I can do more?

In case of any info you need just let me know. :)

Thx in advance!

hey guys,

I'm facing the same problem.
    I changed binding adress to 0.0.0.0 and changed host to % for my kodi mysql user.
    But still, I am getting error "ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.178.230' (111)".

Do you have any further advice?

Thanks in advance :)

/EDIT: Ok ... done ... I tried to change the binding directly in the my.cnf file and not in the web admin ... :P

(deutsch oder englisch hier? :)
    ich nehme mal englisch, da die Mehrzahl der Posts in englisch verfasst sind ... )

Hey guys,

I have a problem with loadavg.
    My OMV isn't responding to any reboot or shutdown command, not over webgui nor terminal.

My system:

As you can see, CPU isn't really on it's limit.
    But in my system log I got hundreds of this entries:

Do you need any additional infos? I will post! :)

Ah, here is top:

There is really no process keeping the whole CPU power.
    And, I can login through web interface and interact. But, no reboot or shutdown ... And I can access my shares but do no read or write.

I have a RAID5 installed, it's always in ACTIVE state since last system start, don't know why or how to fix that, probably it has something to do with my problem? :/

Thank you in advance and kind regards

Daniel

(deutsch oder englisch hier? :)
    ich nehme mal englisch, da die meisten postings in englisch sind)

Hey guys,

I have a problem with loadavg.
    My OMV isn't responding to any reboot or shutdown command, not over webgui nor terminal.

My system:

As you can see, CPU isn't really on it's limit.
    But in my system log I got hundreds of this entries:

Do you need any additional infos? I will post! :)

Ah, here is top:

There is really no process keeping the whole CPU power.
    And, I can login through web interface and interact. But, no reboot or shutdown ... And I can access my shares but do no read or write.

I have a RAID5 installed, it's always in ACTIVE state since last system start, don't know why or how to fix that, probably it has something to do with my problem? :/

Thank you in advance and kind regards

Daniel