Posts by akruidenberg

Disable backports. Change the yes to no in the parameter OMV_APT_USE_KERNEL_BACKPORTS="YES" in /etc/default/openmediavault then omv-mkconf apt

This is funny. First, you are using a driver from stretch in jessie which is NOT supported. Second, the backports kernel is the exact same kernel as the stretch kernel. It is put in backports by the Debian maintainers and maintained in stretch. I have used backport kernels for years without issues. Finally, you still get security updates since most security updates aren't kernel updates AND the backports kernel is maintained/receives security updates.

Thank you for your quick reply! Debian dont have the r8168 in the repositories now, so i've downloaded the module manually from debian stretch.
    Debian backports also get security updates? Nice!

It would be nice to have a better solution to install the R8168 module with the backports kernel.

Hello,

Since version 3.0.59, OMV enables the backport repo by default and also installs the backport kernel by default. Because my haswell system wont go in P-state C6 with the default r8169 kernel module, i've installed the r8168 module from Debian stretch manually.
    Since the last version i must install the driver and the kernel headers every time manually with a new kernel version. This i quite annoying.
    How to revert the changes and get the debian stable kernel by default every apt upgrade?
    The debian stable kernel is also supported by debian, very important to get security updates.

Thanks everyone!

I don't know. I don't use urbackup.

I threw together the plugin in an hour. It will need changes. The icon wasn't real high on my list of priorities.

I manually put the package in the omv-extras repo on bintray. So, I will continue to do this and it will have updates show up in the update tab that you can install easily. This same method is done for quite a few of the other plugins. I didn't see a repo available and it wouldn't go in sources.list anyway.

Thank you for you explanation.

UrBackup already does this - https://www.urbackup.org/admin…anual.html#x1-540008.1.12

It shows up on mine. Maybe you need to clear your browser cache.

Sorry, i don't read that manual. Will the database restored automatically if i select the backup folder location?
    About the icon: the network icon looks a little bit ugly. maybe we can use an Urbackup logo for it?

Last question: How to update Urbackup with this plugin? i don't see a repository in the sources.list. It would be nice to have an update feature in this plugin. :)

Sorry for my bad English.

Not sure why but I just made a urbackup-server plugin :)

Just make sure to set Backup storage path in Settings in the urbackup web interface.

The plugin looks very nice. Thank you @ryecoaaron! I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to add a backup restore function for the database like the mysql plugin? Its really handy for an emergency situation. Urbackup uses SQlite indeed. It would be really nice to have.
    2. An icon is missing for the plugin on the right side of OMV.

I tried all of these and none is a real backup app. They are very very basic. I've read from someone who wanted to create a Bacula plugin for OMV but actually there is none. Bacula is a professional open source backup tool.

Maybe you can try Urbackup. It has a nice web interface and its completely free. It also backup windows clients. Packages for Debian are available. I've request a plugin for Urbackup, but don't get any reply on it. Very sad, because in a home netwerk, it would be really nice to have a backup server for windows clients.
    If you install the PXE plugin, you can restore you clients with you network card. Simply boot with restore image and select the client to restore.
    It would be really nice if someone can make a plugin for Urbackup.

Urbackup would be really nice to have as plugin. Combine it with the PXE and dnsmasq plugin and you have a system image restore server! With version 2 it has a really nice web interface!
    They have debian packages at the download section. Version 2 also support BTRFS to make snapshots. It works also safe outside the LAN network.
    With a plugin we make it a lot easier to install Urbackup. It would be nice to add a backup/restore function for the database of Urbackup. A update button would be also very nice to have.

@luxflow if you have some free time, would you port the dnsmasq plugin for OMV 3? It would be really nice to have with the PXE plugin.
    https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…rs/openmediavault-dnsmasq

Soory for my bad english.

The webserver is stopped very fast, so the webgui can not load the shutdown or reload pages anymore. This is an open issue which should be fixed sometime.

is it safe to ignore this error?

The webserver is stopped very fast, so the webgui can not load the shutdown or reload pages anymore. This is an open issue which should be fixed sometime.

Same for me. Th error depends on the browser. With Google chrome i got the following error:

<html><head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head><body bgcolor="white"><center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center><hr><center>nginx</center></body></html><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --><!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

But with firefox the error is not the same:

<html><head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head><body bgcolor="white"><center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center><hr><center>nginx</center></body></html>

@votdev do you know what it means?

thank you!