Posts by LouBen3010

It did not help..

But I found the solution:

Code
    umount /var/lib/docker/openmediavault && rm -rf /var/lib/docker/openmediavault

Don't know why this folder has been a mounting point for a plugin which does not exist anymore.

Hi there,

I have a tiny little feature request. Because I only use OMV as web-interface for the health of my system and do all the "pro-stuf"" and critical things via SSH and "from scratch", I have often trouble to locate the certificates.
    The plugin is great, with less clicks I can get certificates and schedule updates for them etc.
    But for every application I want to secure with a certificate I need to look into the config.xml and write down the id of the corresponding certificate.

Do you think that sorting them in folders with the URL-Name (unique on a system I guess) would be a big re-arrangement of OMV?

Just a little call to all the great developers out there, you did a great job.

With best regards
    LouBen3010

That can't be true.. I'm searching and searching in the git for the Plugin locations and then is this problem my damn browser cache?
    By the way: I deleted it in Chrome and it still appears. Firefox and Opera indeed are workin' fine.
    I think a re-installation solves my issue completely.

Thanks!

A little bump:

I just want to know, how to remove the plugin from the web interface.
    In some part of OMV there is still a registered extension or whatever which loads the entry at the plugins and thus tries to "bind" /var/lib/docker/openmediavault.

When I can remove this, then my issue is solved.

In order to run Nextcloud you need a database and Docker installed.
    Assume you have both components, do the following:

Installation of Nextcloud via Docker:
    1. SSH to your machine (I dont't like the Web GUI)
    2. Do the following things:

Bash
    sudo docker volume create nextcloud-data
    sudo docker run --name nextcloud -d -v nextcloud-data:/var/www/html -p 8080:80

3. Now Docker begins to run Nextcloud as deamon (-d) with the volume for persistent data named nextcloud-data(-v) and listens on port 8080 (which is redirected to the containers port 80).
    4. Access http://IP-OF-YOUR-OMV:8080
    5. Install Nextcloud
    5.1 Please set up a MariaDB/MySQL database and not use the included one. It's too slow.
    6. Your files are now stored (persistent, in case of container update or crash or whatever) in: /var/lib/docker/openmediavault/volumes/nextcloud-data

Setup the NGINX redirection:
    1. SSH to your machine again
    2. Do the following:

Code
    cd /etc/nginx/sites-available/
    sudo nano nextcloud

3. Fill in the following:

4. Hit CTRL+X and save with 'y'
    5. ln -s /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/nextcloud /etc/nginx/sites-available/nextcloud
    5. sudo service nginx restart
    6. Access your nextcloud via http://nextcloud.YOURDOMAIN.org

Hey there,
    since my Docker images did not run on the openmediavault-docker-plugin I decided to install it from official repos.
    Therefore I did not touch OMV and just installed it via apt-get an everything worked fine.

Now I want to remove the openmediavault-docker-plugin but the remove process fails.
    I thought it could be a problem that two instances of docker are running and so I removed my installed one.
    But again, it wont work.

Can you help please?

The error after opening the "half-removed" plugin:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: RPC service 'Docker' not found. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:99
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getDockerRepo', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

I also took a look in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml but the plugin is not listed there anymore.

With best regards
    LouBen3010

Edit:
    I also tried subzeros trick with: rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker-gui.postrm and then purge the plugin, but it still persists.

Edit 2:
    I'm just asking because I want to move the /var/lib/docker folder which is not possible, because /var/lib/docker/openmediavault is blocked by engined (I guess).

In fact does the OpenVPN plugin currently not work for OMV 4.
    There is imho no person who's maintaining this plugin since they don't need it.

Therefore you either install OMV 3, where OpenVPN works perfect or install OMV 4 and set a OpenVPN server up on your own.

The speed will be the same I guess and btw. 50-70 Mbps is really good if you think about the slow speed of the rpi 3 ethernet port..

Hey all,

recently I upgraded to Arrakis and everything worked like a charm.
    But now, when I'm back in my daily business with my server I found indeed some problems.
    The first was an error in VirtualBox which was solved fine in this forum, but the second concerns the OpenVPN plugin.

When I try to connect to the OpenVPN service from my office the VPN tool said "Waiting for Server".
    In the common sense of "Have you tried turn it off and on again?" I actually did that but then I was not able to start or stop OpenVPN.

The following message appears:

Maybe you also faced the problem and know a solution.

EDIT: I tried to re-install it via web interface but after removing it it does not show up in the plug-in section. Maybe the support for OpenVPN server stopped in Arrakis =O

With best regards
    LouBen3010

Hey there,

recently I did some basic updates and since then my VirtualBox does not work anymore.
    I can't activate the plug-in properly.

This message is driving me nuts, because I already tried everythin. I removed everything regarding VirtualBox. I also switched to Kernel 4.14 (now I'm working with 4.15 again).
    Unfortunately I'm working with VirtualBox everyday since I host my Nextcloud etc. in it.
    Currently I'm thinking about switching to Docker, but since this is a new and different technique I need to figure out how it works.

But for now I need to get this fixed.
    Do you have ideads?

Here the full error:

With best regards
    LouBen3010

FYI:
    After enabling the "OMV Extras Testing Repo" I found version 4.1 of Virtualbox.
    Luckily I was able to start it on 4.15, but I couldn't fire up the VMs.

Therefore I disabled the Testing Repo and uninstalled it again.
    Hopefully a solution can be constructed.

With best regards
    LouBen3010

Thanks, but I switched backt to 4.14 and it again does not work.
    VirtualBox is essential since I'm hosting all my webservers in a dedicated VM to keep by OMV untouched.
    I switched to 4.14 in the boot menu and then again re-installed Virtualbox.
    Without results.

With best regards
    LouBen3010

Not it's not directly connected.
    I have a router between my ISP and the OMV.
    But I have a DynDNS and this routes nas.domain.de to my router.

My idea was, that maybe the router can have some leaks in its own firewall and with this (duplicate) I would achieve more security.

Is this non-sense?

Hi here,

I tried to secure my NAS and therefore set up some rules in the firewall.
    Now I ran a docker with eclipse/che and it was reachable via 8080, but this rule is not set in the firewall section.
    I added a screenshot.

Btw: The last rule was my idea and is currently not applied. This is because I'm afraid of locking myself out. Is the firewall read from top to bottom until a rule matches? If yes, this rule would solve the problem, right?

With best regards
    LouBen3010

I had this issue when I was installing OMV 3 and had HDDs inserted in my HP ProLiant Gen 8.
    The trick was to remove every device instead of the installation stick and the desired storage device.

Maybe it helps.