Beiträge von foly12

Hi all,

I use my OMV on a RASPI II with a USB HDD to backup my data from my QNAP NAS. My QNAP is only running on weekends, to save energy during the week when I rarely need it.

The backup is done with rsnapshot which runs perfectly on a weekly basis. The monthly and yearlies are the issue. As the due dates are not always on weekends I send a "etherwake" to my NAS which lets it start, shortly after that I reboot the Raspi (both via scheduled tasks) to connect the drives again.

Now my question: Why is the date of the yearly and monthly not current, what is the logic behind? I´m not sure if its all running correctly or if its just a systematic misunderstanding.

Thx for your support!! in advance :)

BR
    foly12

I use the remote mount plugin ... after several hours I found out the the source of the issue:

My QNAP is shuting down for energy saving reasons during the week. When this happens, OMV looses the remote mounts. So, I scheduled a reboot job in OMV just bevore I want the rsnapshot to be done (QNAP needs to be running at this point of time of course), NOW IT WORKS ...:-)

It looks like I haven´t thought thourougly enough before posting this question, but honestly I just figured out during the last days ... Maybe its the Forum Aura which helps :)

Anyway thx again for your support!! I really like the OMV System and the Forum!

I changed the permissions now to picture 2. But the system is somehow reacting weird:

1.) After the change of the permissions (chmod via SSH) I do not get the error message anymore, bit the folders "weekly0" - "weekly2" are empty.
    2.) I started the rsnapshot manually, a new "weekly0" was made, the older one was renamed to "weekly1"
    3.) After that, the "weekly1" was the empty formerly named "weekly0", no access problem, BUT the new "weekly0" cannot be accessed again ... "unbenannt3.png" shows that the permissions of the new "weekly0" are limited again ...

I have no glue what to do ...Thx for the help in advance!!

Hi all,

I have a Raspi with OMV running for some weeks already. I thought the system works fine now, but when I tried to open the "weekly.0" from my windows laptop (SAMBA release), then I get the message "no access to ...., unexpected network failure".

The older weeklys can be opened without a problem, and at the beginning all weekly could be opened without a prob ... I have no idea what the reason could be...

Can anybody please help me. Thank you!!!!

Can you please have a look, is that correct?

Cron Job in OMV:

# Create cron file
    # This is the cron file for openmediavault-rsnapshot.
    # The file /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot will mirror
    # the jobs that are configured in the plugin.
    # m h dom mon dow user command
    5 * * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot hourly
    30 3 * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot daily
    15 0 * * 1 root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot weekly
    00 2 1 * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot monthly
    00 4 1 1 * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot yearly

My QNAp is always active from Friday to Monday morning. So the weekly Job is running o.k.

For the monthly Job I added the Wol packet job (see attachment). That should be sufficent right?

Thnx a lot!!

Now it seems to work ... BUT, the time stamp of the monthly snapshot is not correct, what does that mean?

The time stamp of the weekly snapshot is equal to the date and time when it is carried out. The time stamp of the monthly snapshot is a couple of weeks older. When I look into the OMV systemprotocolls it shows to me that the monthly snapshot is carried out correctly yesterday, but again the time stamp is three weeks old.

If this is correct, how would I know the correct date of a monthly snapshot when I need it one day?

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Thx. for the explanation! I think I was a bit too short in my initial request... sorry... I installed the wol plugin already, but I do not find a way how to send a timed wol packet.

I would like to set up a a e.g. cron job to wake up a NAS in the network at specific times. The wol plugin shows all attached network devices, thats fine. But the only thing I can do in the plugin is to add further devices. Do I have to schedule the wol job in the "Scheduled tasks" chapter? If yes, what is the syntax?

this is what I do on my windows system: C:\wol.exe 00:00:00:00:05:09

Thx a lot!!

Yesterday I changed the retention rate of the different jobs from 4 weeks to 8 weeks. After that I started the monthly job manually, now it seems to be working. Let me test it a couple of days, maybe the issue is solved now...

Thanks for your support!!!! Its really great how much time you guys spend to support people using your system!!

root@raspberrypi:/etc/cron.d# ls -al /var/lib/openmediavault/rsnapshot.d/
    total 20
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 20 22:29 .
    drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Nov 9 02:37 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 774 Oct 20 22:29 rsnapshot-6deb9525-7636-4e9a-a834-f4d5eca431b7.conf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 790 Oct 20 22:29 rsnapshot-a4910808-496c-45dc-b22a-e675c0898937.conf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 790 Oct 20 22:29 rsnapshot-c4a16271-b560-449c-9b8f-2a3faa742633.conf
    root@raspberrypi:/etc/cron.d# /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot c4a16271-b560-449c-9b8f-2a3faa742633 monthly
    root@raspberrypi:/etc/cron.d# /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot a4910808-496c-45dc-b22a-e675c0898937 monthly
    root@raspberrypi:/etc/cron.d# /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot 6deb9525-7636-4e9a-a834-f4d5eca431b7 monthly

o.k., when I list the content of the folder I just get:

root@raspberrypi:/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d# ls -a
    . .. rsnapshot
    root@raspberrypi:/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d# ls --all
    . .. rsnapshot
    root@raspberrypi:/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d# ls -la
    total 12
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 20 22:29 .
    drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Nov 9 02:37 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2765 Oct 20 22:29 rsnapshot
    root@raspberrypi:/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d#

There is inly one file in the folder ...

sorry, I´m still quite unexperienced, so maybe my question is stupid .... but what do you mean with "UUID of the jobs are in /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/"? In that folder I can not see UUIDs directly.
    And what means "remove rsync- from beginning"?

I attached the complete rsnapshot logfile, maybe you can see more then.

Then I checked all UUIDs in my system with blkid - sda1 is the drive with the backup folder

/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="7D5C-A285" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="000b5098-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="omv" UUID="5d18be51-3217-4679-9c72-a54e0fc53d6b" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="000b5098-02"
    /dev/mmcblk0p3: UUID="fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="000b5098-03"
    /dev/sda1: LABEL="OMV_HD1" UUID="cd9a2063-ab1e-403b-8b9c-129c19072080" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="cb776acb-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="000b5098" PTTYPE="dos"

My OMV is supposed to do a rsnapshot from three remote directories into the above mentioned backup folder on a local hdd, the system runs on a Raspi II.

The UUIDs of the remote shares are attached in the "Unbenannt.PNG".

AS mentioned the weekly job seems to run well.

Thank you for your support!!