Posts by NothingNowhere

Thanks tkaiser, the card is a new SanDisk one so I hope it's not that.

I did sudo apt-get install -reinstall for 3 packages that were flagged when cycling through journalctl -xe and restarting smbd

Seems OK now but I'll RMA the card if it keeps throwing errors.

Hello all,

My Odroid HC2 has been working fine, but recently the SMB service won't start.

I tried to restart the service, no dice. This was the result from sudo journalctl -xe

Code
    -- Unit smbd.service has begun starting up.
    May 11 23:58:23 odroidhc2 smbd[4154]: /usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: cannot read file data: Inpu
    May 11 23:58:23 odroidhc2 kernel: BTRFS warning (device mmcblk1p2): csum failed root 5 ino 72834 off 1167896576 csum 0xe36288ed expected csum 0x23718ab7 mirror 1
    May 11 23:58:23 odroidhc2 systemd[1]: smbd.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
    May 11 23:58:23 odroidhc2 systemd[1]: Failed to start Samba SMB Daemon.
    -- Subject: Unit smbd.service has failed

Can anyone suggest how I go about fixing this?

Thanks for your time.

Just sharing a small MiniDLNA tip I worked out, hope it saves someone some hair-pulling.

If you want to use symlinks to share files via MiniDLNA, you might find that media files appear to be served but you can't connect to them.

You need to enable a config option for this to work:

Go to the DLNA section in OMV's web GUI.
    Scroll the bottom section named 'Extra options'
    Type in wide_links=yes
    Save and apply.

dlnaopt.png

OMV can read and write with NTFS though I don't know if performance is better if using ext4 or another typical linux filesystem.
    [edited to agree with Adoby who posted at the same time - I'd personally gradually move things across to ext4]

SMB is fine and reliable. UnionFS is useful when you have lots of drives.

If you later change your mind about parity, SnapRAID is also useful.

OK thanks again tkaiser.

Taking a lead from another post on that armbian forum, I tried:

1. Boot with USB drive attached - USB drive not detected.
    2. Plug in an additional 2nd drive (in my case a 2GB flash) - USB drives not detected. But the flash drive LED blinks in a regular pattern, suggesting something's happening.
    3. Boot with both USB drives attached - both detected! Flash drive assigned sda, big desktop drive sdb.

So I suppose that's a workaround for now.

Hello all,

I installed OMV 4 on my Odroid C2 using OMV_4_Odroid_C2.img.xz dated 2018-06-03. MD5 checked out.

I ran the package updates in the webui and all seemed fine but since a reboot, no USB drives are detected.

I click 'scan' under the drives section of the webui - only the system's SD card is listed.

I've tried a few known good drives (external HDD and flash drives) - the indicator lights on the drive don't even light up on connection to USB port.

I tried booting from my old OMV 3 SD card, to make sure it's not a hardware problem - drives worked fine.

I tried starting again, reflashing the image - again it's fine before I install updates, but same problem after updates.

Any suggestions welcome!

Hello, I have a new OMV 4 installation on my Odroid C2

My syslog is filled with this looping every 10 seconds:

Code
    Sep 25 17:40:15 odroidc2 systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS0.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Sep 25 17:40:15 odroidc2 systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0.
    Sep 25 17:40:15 odroidc2 systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS0.

Any thoughts on why or how to stop it?

Thanks,
    NN

I have a N54L with 4x3TB and a 4TB drive in the DVD bay. I use it for SnapRAID mainly.

I don't recall having to use any custom BIOS to boot from the DVD bay drive, just change BIOS boot order.

I used gparted to make a small partition on that drive for the OS - you can run the OS from the internal USB port on a thumb drive but not worth risking as all the re-writing will eventually kill it. The rest of the 4TB drive is for SnapRAID parity.

I got ECC ram for reasons tkaiser stated. I put a small USB3 card inside but I've never got it running reliably to be honest, I gave up trying to sort it as I rarely need to import/export via USB anyway, so USB2 will do.

• check the log files
    • SD card is new-ish, but is it ok?

Thanks macom.

fsck and badblocks found nothing wrong with the card (plugged it into another system).

I couldn't find anything amongst the log files - it looks like some log files haven't been updated for a month, which is longer than I've had any problems with this box.

What is the main log file which would show a problem during boot?

Hello all,

My RaspPi had been running OMV 3.0.97 on Armbian just fine, but tonight is partly broken.

WebGUI loads but gives a 504 gateway timeout.
    SSH gives immediate closed connection (can't enter my key's password).

I connected a monitor and keyboard, I note "failed to start LSB" for ProFtp daemon and same for nmbd and smbd
    I think there was another failure message but it scrolled up too fast to read.

It says eth0 is up and I can ping it fine from my laptop.

Back to the login prompt on the monitor, when I enter a username it says "inconsistency detected by ld.so dl-version.c: 224"
    and I can't log in as I'm not asked for the password. So can't run the firstaid script.

SD card is a new-ish Kingston, space on the system partition is plentiful. A few reboots with no change.

Any thoughts on the problem?

Had some tweaking to get this running as intended this seems to do it:

Code
    find /srv/sourcefolder/ -mtime -14 -printf %P\\0 | rsync -vP --files-from=- --checksum -e "ssh -i userme-rsync-key" --from0 /srv/sourcefolder/ userme@BoxB:/srv/targetfolder

This rsyncs anything from the last 14 days, based on checksum differences.