Posts by thejacer87

I've tried googling and found this thread amongst a bunch of other post on various other forums: How to setup Nvidia in Plex docker for hardware transcoding?

this one in particular seems to be the "working" solution. But it seems to be for OMV 4. I have a fresh install of OMV 5. I am getting issues with DKMS module building, nvidia-smi not working etc.

Then finally i was able to get `nvidia-smi` to work using the instructions from jellyfin: https://jellyfin.org/docs/gene…html#debian-docker-nvidia
    But it is using `nvidia-docker2` which is the older version as far as I understand. I was able to create the container, but the HW transcoding doesn't work.

Is there a definitive guide for getting nvidia drivers and docker going for OMV5

thanks

so im getting a lot of issues settings this up. i just checked the debug logs and got this

Sun Dec 31 14:35:27 2017 us=534742 NOTE: your local LAN uses the extremely common subnet address 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x. Be aware that this might create routing conflicts if you connect to the VPN server from public locations such as internet cafes that use the same subnet

from what i can tell, im able to connect with an openVPN client. but when i try to access anything, on the internet or anything on the VPN network i get no response.

the error is spot on, both my local and remote (VPN servers) networks are the exact same. 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.254

so i guess my question is, what is the best way to fix this? just change the network setup on one of them?

or can i just use the 10.8.0.0 as the VPN network address. i didnt think this would work if the OMV server is at 192.168.1.xxx. if my VPN connection puts me on 10.8 how can i talk to OMV, which is the whole point(for me) of the vpn, to manage the OMV server from anywhere without exposing the port (which i am to understand isn't very secure)

found this... so i guess i will need to change the network settings of the OMV server. from reading the link, im not sure if i need to change the entire network settings (gateway, subnet etc) or just change the OMV servers ip address into the range of the openVPN netowork (192.168.143.0 as recommended by the link)

There is an application that can be used to keep images up to date restore containers with same settings, don't know the name but I am sure it has been mentioned here. It even runs on a container so it needs access to the domain socket.
    How many times a week are you upgrading your images? I rarely touch them once running, if the app is a fast moving one in terms of commits then the container creator should have a self upgrade method inside like plex.

sonarr, radarr etc. i will look into upgrade methods thanks

There is no "built in" way to do this with docker. One common approach is to stop/remove the running container, pull the new image, start up a new container based on the new image. Of course this requires that you have your data stored outside of the container and that you remember how the container was started...

well that sucks. i wish there was a way to export the settings then. annoying to set the paths again and again

can someone tell me how to update the image that the containers are using??? i feel like im taking crazy pills. i dont see anywhere in the GUI. so i run docker pull <some-image> and then i just end up with two images. then it just becomes a pain to redo all of the volumes. would be nice to export and import that stuff if updating the image doesnt work.

So I just finished getting all my docker containers going, I'm trying to setup sonarr, radarr, transmission, sabnzbd and jackett.

questions:

• Is there any difference between host vs bridged mode if I'm just using the default ports and the hosts IP?
    • If there is no difference, why can't talk to transmission with the hostname anymore? (eg, using host network mode, in my sonarr settings, when setting the download client I could use the host's domain name, but now with bridged network mode, I have to use the IP)
    • I guess some links to OMV's docker gui on what all the network modes do would be helpful :). For the host, i just put the same name as the docker host, but like I said, they don't connect unless I'm using host mode, so I'm not too sure what the host name is for in bridged network mode anyway?
    • Is there any way to view the extra arguments I used when I originally created the container? All the ENV variables stick around, but the extra stuff disappears when I click the modify button.

Bonus Question:
    Is there a way to change the theme of the webUI? trying to look at the docker logs is ridiculous! light grey bg with slightly darker grey text...WTF!?!?!

hey guys,

i just ugraded to OMV3. im having some issues finding my drives in the file system though. on OMV 2 i dont remember having to do anything to have all my drives accesible at `/media/{some_hash}/`. but none of my physical drives are mounted anywhere that i can see.

they are able to be used as shares no problems. but im trying to use docker for things now, and i can't get access to the shares (i could be wrong), i assume if they were mounted to `/media` i could get to them with no issues

thanks for the help

heyo,

i just installed a fresh omv3 and installed extras right away. after that i could no longer make any config changes, add users, nothing in the web gui.

i just reinstalled and could add users and make other changes. so now im scared to install the repo. but, like most of us i assume, i need some stuff in extras to make my NAS what i need

it gives me the error: {Error: Missing 'required' attribute} for basically and boolean value in the settings

i had a raid mirror in my omv2 setup. i just did a fresh install of OMV 3. but now i can't figure out how to restore the raid. i can see the physical disks

`/dev/sde` and `/dev/sdc` are the two disks, but if i try to create a raid in the management tab, the devices are not listed.

do i have to do something mark them as raid mirrors?

thanks for any help

i have a similar question, just a mirror.

does the OS know that they are mirrored somehow?

this is my plan:

poke around my system, take note of the plugins i have, configs, users, etc

turn off the computer, detach all storage

reinstall omv3 on the OS drive

try to get back in a similar state

then use docker to reinstall all the services i had such for my media as sonarr, emby etc.

is docker the way to go now? or do people still recommend the plugins? i know i had issues with emby on OMV2 so i had to install the debian way.

also i was trying to install gitlab last night and had issues. so i was going to try getting gitlab with docker, but the kernel isnt the right version for docker. the backports wasnt working, hence me upgrading