Posts by NAS_woody

Hi Guys,

I just installed OMV4 and updated to the latest version. Then I setup the ipv6 network, the omv-web-gui ist reachable via ipv6 -> which means that ipv6 ist setup correctly.

I can login via ssh ipv4, but not via ipv6. The router port is opened, and if I scan it from outside I see that the port is reachable. But If I try to connect I always get "ssh: connect to host MYIPV6 port MYPORT: Connection refused"

lsof says:

Code
    user@omv:~$ sudo lsof -i -n -P | grep ssh
    sshd 10958 root 3u IPv4 61885 0t0 TCP 192.168.1.2:16244->192.168.1.87:51180 (ESTABLISHED)
    sshd 10966 user 3u IPv4 61885 0t0 TCP 192.168.1.2:16244->192.168.1.87:51180 (ESTABLISHED)
    sshd 12225 root 3u IPv4 69597 0t0 TCP *:16244 (LISTEN)
    sshd 12225 root 4u IPv6 69599 0t0 TCP *:16244 (LISTEN)

Any idea why I cannot login via ipv6?

Hello,

I've installed and configured the openVPN plugin, created a user and certificates, imported the client configuration to the openVPN-Client on my Laptop (Windows 10). I'm able to connecct to the omv openVPN-server, also i'm getting a valid IP (10.8.0.6). But I cannot see the network devices and my shares. Any tipps where I went wrong?
    Here's a screenshot of the configuration:

Config-Screenshot

Thanks in advance!

Just a hint, I installed a fresh OMV 3.0.59 system. When choosing between Plex as docker-image vs plex as omv-plugin I decided to install it via omv-plugin. Maybe it would be easier for you to manage plex via plugin then resolving the docker issues?

Ok, so far so good... Everything worked fine. Eccept docker. The whole docker - thing is new for me, maybe someone can help:

I've got a clean image of jessie where I want install NGINX (just for testing, I know there ist allready a NGINGX-image). I want this container to work as host in my network.

So here is the docker part:

and here the container

But if I start the container, my router is not reporting any new host. So how do I find the IP and the right port for ssh? Log is empty...

Here the outpout of details:

I tried Seafile. I found it slightly faster than Own/NextCloud, but it was also less flexible. Files are enrypted and stored in chunks, which makes them unreadable outside of Seafile, it lacked a proper photo gallery, and it couldn't connect to external sources.

Nextcloud is pretty much the best IMO, but install, configuration, and updates are bit complicated.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm currently installing my new System, then I'll go for nextcloud and skip Seafile!

These are some nice thoughts ....

do I understand you right, that means

3tb+++2tb+++2tb+++1tb+++1tb
    HDD0+HDD1+HDD2+HDD3+HDD4-------------> btrfs formated, unionfilesystem-------> used for several shares (owncloud, plex, pyload, and so on)

3tb
    HDD5-------------> btrfs formated-------> rsync backup for some specified shares mentioned above (the necessary files won't be more than 3tb)

I like this setup.

Would you recommend installing owncloud, plex and so on as application on the base system or via virtualbox? And would the "owncloud"-share be reachable from that virtualbox "jail"?