Posts by wbilger

I have recently upgraded to omv 5, am on newest version 5.2.3-2.
    I run docker with the usual plex, sonarr, radarr, etc...
    I almost always have a couple transcodes going, and I contantly get the email notification for high load, the 1 minute and 5 minute variations, as well as the file system space warning

loadavg (5min) of 11.8 matches resource limit [loadavg (5min) > 6.0]
    loadavg (1min) of 16.4 matches resource limit [loadavg (1min) > 12.0]
    space usage 91.6% matches resource limit [space usage > 85.0%]

When I was on OMV4, I was able to add the following to /etc/default/openmediavault and omv-mkconf monit and reload and it worked.
    I have made the same additions in OMV 5, then run omv-salt deploy run monit, then monit reload, but it does not seem to work.
    I get the exact same messages with the exact same limits in the warnings.
    Has anyone been able to add any of the following to /etc/default/openmediavault and it worked? Am I missing a step?

OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE=95
    OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_SYSTEM_CPUUSAGE_USER=75
    OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_SYSTEM_CPUUSAGE_SYSTEM=75
    OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_SYSTEM_CPUUSAGE_WAIT=75
    OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_SYSTEM_LOADAVG_1MIN_MULT=75
    OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_SYSTEM_LOADAVG_5MIN_MULT=50

Ok, guess I'm sol, thanks for the suggestions.
    I am going to try and use an old PCI card, but can't find any specs on it to see if draws less power, but I assume it would.

It's a low wattage card, geforce 210, 35w, but still not 0, and it generates unneeded heat, it's fanless, so gets warm.
    May not be much, but it's not nothing, and it's completely unused, so a waste, unneccessary power and heat.
    Dont' know about serial output.

One short beep which is 'no keyboard' then that is it.
    With video card in, I get the one short beep, this is at the UIFE bios screen, then it loads the pci-e sata devices, then a a 2nd slightly longer beep at the American Megatrends screen, then loads grub. Not sure if this tells me anything, or I am just sol. Not a OMV or grub issue though, I don't think.

I"ve searched for help on this, but can only find unresolved posts.
    I am hoping to remove my video card, to save as much heat and power as possible, it is just not needed.
    I have an Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 motherboard, so no onboard video, and in the bios I have Halt On = No Errors.
    But, when I remove the video card it does not boot, not sure if stuck in bios, or possible grub. Do I have to change something in Grub to say there is no longer a video card?

I am having trouble with my UPS disconnecting after about an hour.
    A restart of the nut server and client seem to temporarily fix the issue (not sure the cause right now, but I'm looking for a workaround).
    I found this "solution",
    https://www.linuxquestions.org…ected-876530/#post5760356
    If I manually run the nut-usb-shake script as root, it detects the error in syslog, and restarts the nut server/client and all is good for a while.

The problem is, I have added the 2 lines in /etc/inittab, but OMV doesn't seem to run the respawn script, is there a way to make this work?

Hi,
    I have openmediavault 3 installed on my home server.
    I have the omv-extras3 plugin installed, and have sonarr, deluge, couchpotato, nginx, mysql, rsync plugins up and working great.
    I wanted to try the subsonic plugin, and when I try to find it, it is not there. I can look through the plugins list, or search.
    It is in the Erasmus repo, and other Erasmus plugins, like symlinks, are available.
    Any help appreciated. I pretty sure it was there when I first installed the omv-extras, but I am not 100% sure.