Beiträge von jfromeo

I am making some improvements.

I have tried the following:

Unmount the 2 disks with quotaon
    service quota start
    quota on -a (all filesystems)
    Mount the 2 disks with quotaon
    Reboot system

This way I have the service quota started and running, and the files aquota.user and aquota.group generated in the root of all 12 disks.

So from here I did the reverse procedure:

service quota stop
    quotaoff -a (all filesystems)
    Reboot system

And I still got the same 2 disks with residual quota files which I cannot -rm or -chown. If I enter repquota -a the 2 disks show as if they still have the quota service running:

Hello all.

I need to turn off the quota service and remove the aquota.user and aquota.group files from the root of my disks, so I can give permissions to all folders from root, instead of going one by one (for some reason I cannot delete them logged as root either change their ownership and permissions, I guess because they are system service files).

So I have done the following steps:

1. quotaoff -a

The output of this command was none, but it seems to have worked as it was idle for around 10 minutes.

2. systemctl disable quota

The output of this command was full of errors I do not understand:

Code
    Synchronizing state of quota.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
    Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable quota
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `quota' overrides LSB defaults (S).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 6 S) of script `quota' overrides LSB defaults (0 6).
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `quota' overrides LSB defaults (S).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 6 S) of script `quota' overrides LSB defaults (0 6).

After these 2 commands, 10 out of 12 disks got correctly their quota service turned off, as, after a remount and a reboot, there were no aquota.user and aquota.group files in their root.

But there are 2 disks that still have quota enabled somehow (maybe because of the errors above).

So I manually edited the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file, and substitute the chain usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group by noquota on all the disks, and make a

3. omv-mkconf fstab.

I remounted the disks, reboot, and the /etc/fstab shows the disk correctly as noquota

The id of the disks with the aquota.user and aquota.group present are "series3" and "multimedia1" (I cannot find any difference with the other disks and I don't know why these 2 still have those files on root), and I cannot remove them or change ownership.

Watching the logs from monit service I have seen some warnings about filesystem flags being changed (I never got this error before), curiously for disks "series3" and "multimedia1" which are the ones with the quota files still in them.

Code
    monit alert --  Filesystem flags changed filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-series3 on the Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:05:45 GMT

Filesystem flags changed Service filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-series3

Date:        Fri, 15 Mar 2019 20:05:45
    Action:      alert
    Host:        olmos13nas
    Description: filesystem flags changed to 0x1008

Code
    monit alert --  Filesystem flags changed filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-multimedia1 on the Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:05:47 GMT

Filesystem flags changed Service filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-multimedia1

Date:        Fri, 15 Mar 2019 20:05:47
    Action:      alert
    Host:        olmos13nas
    Description: filesystem flags changed to 0x1008

Which is the command to check if the quota service is still on? I tried quotacheck but it results as an error.

Thanks in advance.

Any other output or log needed, just ask me for it.

I have been using the WebDav plugin since OMV 2 and I am pretty happy with its simplicity and performance.

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to update the WebDav plugin so it could admit several mount points from different shared folders/disks or maybe it would be pretty hard to accomplish it via a plugin.

Thanks in advance to all devs for making it easier for the users

Yes, I know. The advantage of the wakealarm plugin is that it is very comfortable to have more than only a few wakeup times and you can adjust the times easily. Using the scheduled jobs does not offer that comfort.

Edit:
    And it doesn't explain why the stock version or my version above don't work.

I am in your same situation.

Wakealarm only works the first time after the shut down. The rtcwake workaround works every time, but it is more comfortable to scheduled it from the plugin as in my case it depends from weekdays/weekends and between months so I have to change it quite frequently-

Wow, thank you a lot for the help and screenshots.

Yeah, I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS with enough CPU power (dual-core 1.6GHz) and RAM (512MB) to run several services in a <15W box, a Transmission daemon/webUI among others. I have it installed OpenWRT/LEDE.

In the remote mount part and local shared folder, I have exactly the same escenario as you.

In the remote mount shared folder is where the user permission error occurs. Yeah I point to the root (/) of the disk (although it gets autofilled with the name of the shared folder (/sharedfolder)). Despite the permission error, it gets shared normally, and I can see the remount mount shared folder among my shared folders as if it were a local one.

Now I have tried the rsync with the extra options and rsync works! Thank you a lot.

The speeds are pretty fast with rsync, around ~95MB/s sustained. The route and interface rate speeds between the remote HDD (router) and the local HDD (NAS) are:

2,5" HDD read speed (198 MB/s read sustained ATTO) --> USB3.0 interface speed (625MB/s) ---> Gigabit LAN interface speed (125MB/s) ---> SATA3 interface speed (750MB/s) --> 3,5" HDD write speed (141MB/s write sustained ATTO)

2,5" HDD read speeds and 3,5" write speeds are taken from an ATTO real escenario benchmark (much lower that the manufacturer claims)

So the limit in this case is curiously the Gigabit interface (1000BASE-X). Time to upgrade all devices to 10G :)

Thank you for the detailed answer.

I am using the router and the 2,5" HDD drive as a "seedbox", downloading to it and seeding from it 24/7. It only takes around 15watt both from the outlet.

I just power on the NAS whenever I want to use Plex, most of the time, which is around 2h - 4h/day. The problem is that I have 12x3,5" HDD connected to it, and I do not want to have them running 24/7 just to seed (despite the power saving features and so).

So the idea is to use the 2,5" HDD for the "everyday" downloads and seeds, and each week, organize and "pull" from it the files downloaded that week into the NAS folders.

I have a "smb" user with "xxx" password", UID 1000, GID 65534 (nobody group) with -rw permission on the 2,5" HDD from the router (/etc/passwd), and a "smb" user with the same "xxx" password, UID 1000, GID 100 (users group) locally on OMV for the smb shares. For example, on a local machine running Windows 10 I can log in to the 2,5" HDD in the router, and create/delete files and folders. And I can log in the SMB shares fron the NAS and create/delete files and folders. So it seems that permissions for "smb" user are ok.

But if I add the SMB shared folder in order to rsync it from OMV, it gives me the error commented in the post before.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS router with LEDE and a USB3.0 2,5" HDD connected 24/7 to it. I have created a SMB share and a remote mount via the OMV plugin to it. Everything works fine, I have access from the NAS to the SMB folder, I see the share is mounted in /srv...etc

What would be the ideal way in terms of speed to "pull" the files from that SMB folder on my network to the shared folders on the NAS? Security is not an issue here as both are on my local network and no one else has access to it but me.

Maybe FTP?

I tried rsync but it gives an error whenever I add the new share saying that it cannot set the user permissions correctly (I guess because the owner of the SMB folder is the root on LEDE not on OMV)

No, I dononly for curiosity, do you have pihole instaled?.

I suspect that Teamviewer need some ping or response from internet and my pihole block it and that is the reason, but I can't be sure.

No I don't.

I have installed the Teamviewer plugin on a fresh install of OMV 4.0.17-1 and it works on the go, getting a correct ID from the web panel and accepting incoming connections from my Teamviewer client on Windows.

So it seems to be some sort of incompatibility with other plugins/services. The problem is that I have so many plugins installed and running on my main OMV build that it will be hard to determine which one interferes with it.

Plugins

Containers

Did you manage to get it working?

I am experiencing exactly the same issues as you.

The plugin is not getting a valid ID and I am also getting the "systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid" message. Changing file permissions, resetting/reinstalling plugin does not work.

Openmediavault 4.0.17-1 and Wakelaarm 3.3 installed

I have just installed wakealarm and still not configured any rule, but in the syslog I am getting this type of messages every minute since then (90 out of latest 100 messages are identical to this one):

Code
    CRON[32173]: (root) CMD (   test -x /usr/sbin/wakealarm && /usr/sbin/wakealarm > /dev/null 2>&1)

Is it a normal behaviour? Should I ignore them?

Thanks in advance.

I am running OMV 4.0.16-1 and whenever I install a new plugin I got the following error in the dialog window:

Content of line 117 in weakref.py:

Code
    def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self)):
                self = selfref()
                if self is not None:
                    if self._iterating:
                        self._pending_removals.append(wr.key)
                    else:
                        # Atomic removal is necessary since this function
                        # can be called asynchronously by the GC
                        _remove_dead_weakref(d, wr.key)

Everything works as expected after it.

Is it a common behaviour? Does it imply anything wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you a lot for your reply.

Yeah, maybe a server does not need to be running on bleeding edge versions. I will keep it stable.

Docker-CE 17.12.0 on OMV 4.0.15-1.

I have several container images (from LinuxServer.io) and I have several questions about them:

- Is there any way to make them to be autostarted whenever the server boots? I see there is a restart policy field but I am not sure it will autostart it at booting.

Do the containers or the docker plugin include an autoupdate function or should I updated them manually (creating newer images then)? I have several messages from Plex client asking to be updated to latest stable release.

I see there is a docker image that may get what I am looking for: Watchtower (https://github.com/v2tec/watchtower). Is there any more simple function or is this the unique way to go?

Thanks.

I am looking for a plugin/docker image to set up a gallery webserver with personal pictures to be seen/accessed/tagged/downloaded by the family. It does not need to be accessed for more than 1-2 users at the same time, but it needs to be powerful enough to manage a very large set of pictures.

I have around 20+ years of pictures (400GB) and more to come in a near future.

So, I have tested the following docker images from linuxserver.io

- Piwigo. Great piece of software, but it needs a database and it duplicates all my files, forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running.
    - Lychee. Same as Piwigo.
    - Photoshow. No database needed, no duplicated files, but too simplistic and not powerful enough for managing many pictures (frequent i/o errors while surfing the files).

I would need a "database-less" version of Piwigo/Lychee or a Photoshow but with more features and more powerful for managing large amounts of data.

Is there any software like that?

Thanks in advance.