Beiträge von Jeansburger

I'm having an issue finding the filesystems on my OMV install.
    When I go into the the filesystem tab nothing shows up other than communication failure and I get a blank screen. The filesystem is a software RAID 6 array that I created in an old install that got nuked by a power outage. Is there a way to mount my filesystem and have OMV pick it up?

I am trying to use the nginx plugin to create a website that has sub-directories that redirect to various other web plugins on the server. I'm trying to set up the website so that when I go to <OMV Server IP>:<website port>/plex it will redirect to <OMV Server IP>:32400 and /cloud will redirect to <OMV Server IP>:44330

Plex is running in docker and is bound to the host port 32400

I've tried using this in the nginx extra options:

I get a 401 Error when I try to access that site. I'm unsure if it is the website not working correctly because of a setting in plex or (more likely) the configuration is incorrect.

I went to fix an issue with samba in my system and came across the main OS partition filled up completely. I cannot uninstall or modify any system settings which caused my samba server to fail. I believe plex was initially installed to the SD card rather than an external drive. My SD card is 8G and the OS partition is 3.87G meaning that half is not being used somewhere. How do I go about finding and removing the files that should not be there and ensuring that the SD card does not get filled up again?

I tried to install the plex plugin and had the web client open then when I tried to update the firewall rules for OMV the client no longer will run and the plex plugin service will not stay running.

This is the ouput of the systemctl status:

When I try to access the local web client the server refuses connection, even though port 32400 is accepting input (however it is not set in the firewall as output accept).

I looked at process list and it also does not show plex running either.
    I used this command:

Code
    root@SERVER:~# ps -e | grep plex
    root@SERVER:~#

What could be causing the premature exit out of the plugin?

I lost a software striped (I know it was a bad idea) raid of three 1TB external drives. I have a 2TB external that I want to use to replace two of the drives lost and use another 1TB to get a 3TB pool using a union filesystem. However when I tried to recover the system none of the video (or any other file for that matter) would play. The file sizes are correct what do I need to do in order to gain access to my files again? Is it a argument that I need to feed to the snapraid fix?

Probably because my network hands out a domain with dhcp. Never thought it would keep you from logging in. Maybe try logging in locally and try omv-firstaid. Strange that the RPi image doesn't need a domain name.

I'm using OpenWrt for my network so I get a .lan address when I use DHCP. also the XU4 has a static address through the router so it would still think it's IP could change... weird. I tried omv-firstaid, and set ip4 to dhcp and ip6 off.

ryecoaaron wrote:

New 3.0.64 xu3/xu4 image on sourceforge.

I get this error when I try to get to the web gui....

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; hostname --fqdn 2>&1' with exit code '1': hostname: No address associated with hostname' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/net/dns.inc(46): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(212): OMV\System\Net\Dns::getFqdn()
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(99): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->getTitle()
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #4 {main}

Looks ok. I suggest to check the file system.

Is there a analyzer or command that I could run to do that?

Seen this quite a bit lately on arm devices with USB drives even on freshly formatted drives from OMV web interface.

Is it possibly a kernel issue? I built the system using the Armbian source with mainline kernel and then used a customization script to create the OMV at the same time. I could make the image without OMV baked in and then follow the Jessie installation guide thats pinned.

Code
    /dev/mmcblk1p1: UUID="60597915-b45e-4b0b-999a-4ffa677c1502" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="4b89e55e-01"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="1TBEle" UUID="a60a9994-da91-4532-98f2-674ed61088b5" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="788099a4-4527-4636-a95b-78ff6d756318"
    /dev/sdc1: LABEL="1TBTosh" UUID="80ac7af1-9e37-4024-9d9f-48b99337d54f" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="71cb0c18-f917-427d-aebe-cf96555bc369"
    /dev/sdd1: LABEL="1TBWD" UUID="40a37467-383d-4b51-949b-7ce08ea6de7c" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="66b6daa8-4f7c-4e9f-b55e-93fb2e7aff9b"
    /dev/sda1: LABEL="3TBSea" UUID="d377b796-bea7-4c01-a8aa-af7e21d52a62" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="25bc1a7f-fd39-438b-8d5b-522711e4c20d"
    /dev/mmcblk1: PTUUID="4b89e55e" PTTYPE="dos"

I recently switched from OMV2 to 3.X (3.0.63) on my Odroid XU4 when I tried to mount my external hard drives in a USB3 hub I get this error:

The hard drives where created in OMV2 but it would make sense for them to work with OMV3.X. What tool do I need to install on the system in order to mount the drives in the system?

What was unstable? What version?

I don't remember what version it was about 6 months ago.

It is very stable for me. Depends on what you are doing with it, what system it is running on, and what plugins you use.

I just want a server that can access our dumb usb printers, be able to torrent (although I have a RPi1 that I might just use the attached storage and torrent through VPN on that), and serve as a NAS for my network.

I tried that.

Still get the same error (I changed the echo "Pin: release a=jessie-backports" >> /etc/apt/preferences.d/99backports.pref to wheezy).

When I tried running  aptitude install samba  and it asked me to remove all of the plugins for OMV

I don't know why it won't let me update just samba...

The odroid doesn't have the backports repo pinned at a higher value. So, you need to specify each package it wants with the version string or add the pinning.

I tried doing it installing one package at a time it completely wiped out the system and uninstalled a lot of open media vault plugins and I could not get back to the web console (thank you for recommending to backup). Would changing the pinning of the wheezy-backports.list help at all? How do I go about changing the pinning for that file?