Posts by dawansch

Hi Guys, I had the same problem with the blank screen. What I did:

Fix a permissions problem with /etc/xrdp/ that caused the following error in /var/log/xrdp.log:

Code
    [ERROR] Cannot read private key file /etc/xrdp/key.pem: Permission denied

With this command:

Code
    sudo adduser xrdp ssl-cert

With the xfce which was installed by tasksel I did not get it to work. What helped was:

Code
    sudo apt-get install xfce4

Then add the line

xfce4-session to the .xsession by with this command:

Code
    echo xfce4-session >~/.xsession  

Set MTU to 1500 and issue disappeared. Thank you

Honestly not in a lifetime I would have imagined that the MTUs are the root cause of that issue. If you have time and must not save somebodys else soul at the moment I would be happy to learn how the error connects to the network to avoid of dying stupid :) If not, still happy that everything works. Stay healthy

Hi ryecoaaron, I do see the changes every time but that might be due to the fact that I cannot accept the changes. It throws following error.

Got finally all running - including my ZFS :) and my dockers. Just one bug I see in OVM5. Everytime i visit the ZFS tab in the GUI the yellow bar to save new configuration pops up even though i did not change anything. This happens only on the zfs menu item not on the others. I have to recall changes ans accepting throws and error. Aside from that i seems to work just fine

Thank you guys

Hi idoindabox, the commands fixed my gui. Afterwards I still had the socket error from before, which I could fix by starting omv-engined. Now I can access the gui but when I go to the omvextrasorg I see following error

Deinstalling omvextras over addon breakes my nginx, been there. Any suggestions?

As there seemded to be a lot of broken things in my system. I purged lvm2, ovm, extras, diskstat etc and wanted to reinstall. Now the command to install omv throws a syntax error:

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this. apt-get update/dist-upgrade dont make any changes when being run.

Edit: Still don't know why the script failed. But I was able to do the wget manually and start the dpdk installation. But there seems to be something broken with the omvextrasorg addin. I keep seeing this error.

Another edit:

Managed to get rid of all the errors by:

rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-omvextrasorg.postinst

apt-get install openmediavault-omvextrasorg

GUI works but I still see the error

Code
    The property 'repos.repo.0.uuid' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.omvextras'

when accessing omvextrasorg tab

Next edit:

It did work :) I purged omvextrasorg again and did a dpdk -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all5.deb

and now it works :)

As I broke my ZFS support in my OVM4 system anyhow I did think, lets update to 5 it might fix the problem. Well unfortunately I did not come that far. After following the instructions i had a blank screen after logging into the web gui (cleaned caches and some plugins purges+apt update&&upgrade and reboot later) i have now the socket error which was decribed earlier when logging into the web gui.

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()

But unfortunately the proposed solution (furhter back in the thread) did not work for me. Tomv-firstaid does issue this error when i try to save the network settings.

Code
    Configuring network interface. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

For any ideas I would be gratefule and stay healthy out there these times

Edit: Might have resolved the issue. Executed the command omv-engined and now the gui comes up. Seems that OMV wasnt really running. Any ideas why it was stopped after boot?

Unfortunately I was not lucky. Gui came up but when accessing omv extras i got following error

Code
    The property 'repos.repo.0.uuid' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.omvextras'.

I assumed that there is something wrong with that addon so I deinstalled in addons. That worked but ended with a failure and now I get a nginx 403 forbidden when I access the gui.

There seems to be something wrong with my apt-get lists. apt-get dist-upgrade gives me:

Hi all,

I have a similar problem. I did the huge mistake in touching my running system. I was running the 4.9 (OMV 4.0.4) kernel with ZFS and everything was working ok. Then I did a distr-upgrade and it installed 4.19 with header. ZFS stopped working with the same error messages as seen above.

I of course followed the same steps and with the purging of insserv the error message disappeared. I could install the zfs addon without errors but when I tried to access zfs mount I received following errors:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; zfs list -H -t snapshot -o name,used,refer 2>&1' with exit code '1': /dev/zfs and /proc/self/mounts are required. Try running 'udevadm trigger' and 'mount -t proc proc /proc' as root.

Then I decided to go for proxmox as I was fedup with struggling around. Unfortunately this did not change anything. Still not able to access my zfs mounts and even worse, Im not able to select any other kernel anymore. In the dropdown only the proxmox kernel is available.If I run:

/sbin/modprobe zfs

I get: modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

If I run: zpool status

I get:

/dev/zfs and /proc/self/mounts are required.

Try running 'udevadm trigger' and 'mount -t proc proc /proc' as root.

Any ideas?

I got the same error.

I can somehow work around by clicking multiple times on save and then the other tabs get accessible. Also extended cups configuration page is accessible and printer are found and can be added.
    But somehow the solution is not really stable as the printer disapear after a while in the cups config page (still show in ovm overview) and I cannot print due to rights issues.

Ok, now I think I have fixed it.
    Added in Docker.service line After: multi-user.target
    and in the plex configuration->web - I changed to fallback to unsercure connection in same network.

update #2: The problem persisted. Now I found a solution - apparently the root cause was that the docker service is started to early with either ports, network or mounts not yet up. So i edited the docker.service for systemd and added and after: zfs.target. Now it works. Hope somebody can use that knowledge

quick update: My persistency problem is solved. It was because of the wrong library path.

BUT the first problems remains. Once my linux machine reboots over night the Plex server page can be accessed but on the webpage it fails to find the server. (which is akward as the Plex website runs on the server) I assume some connectivity to the Plex cloud services did fail. Once I restart the container everything works fine. Any idea how I could avoid this behaviour?

Hi,

I try to have Plex running on my OVM but I face multiple issues.
    First i tried the Plex plugin which ran fine until i decided to update Plex Server (I know, never change a running system...) and I experienced the problem that plex would not want to start. I changed the plexmediaserver location in the config file to the right path but that did not help. I found a recommendation in the forum to not use the plugin and go for the docker plugin.

I followed this advice and now Plex runs but I have some strange and annoying behaviours you might know how to fix.
    1. Everytime my linux restarts, the server is not found anymore when i open the plex webpage. Weired as the plex webpage runs on the server (IP) but it says it cannot find the server. I assume that the server did not correclty connect to plex service and that this is causing the problem. If I restart the container the problem goes away. Maybe starting docker later with systemd would help to fix. Any suggestions?
    2. Way more annonying error. Everytime I modify the container, all my settings within Plex are lost. Eg. i have to completely reconfigure the server. Is there a way to store this information persistently? I have read/write access to plex/docker user to the host filepath where the library is stored
    ->Update: I realized that the library folder for docker is not named library but config - changed this and I assume this will fix the second problem. I will report back. But still, problem 1 persists (maybe it is related with problem 2) I keep you udpated

Hi, I had the same problem with the GUI and the config.xml. I was seeing the same error when trying to change the sharedfolders and ACL was greyed out as well. Copied from an old config.xml the filesystem part of my ZFS mount and everything works fine. trying to leave my finger off the zfs plugin from now on.
    Seems that the plugin is creating the problem. ah and forgot to say, my kernel is 4.9

I found out that if I remove the bind mount my nfs share does not correctly work. This is because the bind from the "nfs-path" /export does not point to the dataset. I then decided to add a cronjob (@reboot) to have the bind mount set after the boot has completed. This works now.

I can access the nfs share externally but I have no write rights. This is due the UID/GID nature of nfs and my client runs the access as root. I have added those additional options to the nfs share "anonuid=1000,anongid=100" to avoid this problem.
    Turns out that it did not work. I assume the user has still not the necessary write rights on the folder. Turns out that the ACL tab in the sharedfolder section is not working. I get following error message:

"Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclJSfwf0' -- '/Raid1Pool/Filme' 2>&1': setfacl: /Raid1Pool/Filme: Operation not supported' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:991Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus7d...', '/tmp/bgoutputaz...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(996): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure), NULL, Object(Closure))#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}"

I assume this is related to the zfs filesystem and the zpool....
    Used
    zfs set acltype=posixacl tank/datatankto enable ACL on zfs. Now the ACL menu works how it should. And after setting the access rights im able to write through nfs. yeah...Hope I could be of any help for others encountering the same issues.Those items should be added to OVM for guys with ZFS filesystems.