Beiträge von Larkin

I know this post is more than six months old, but i am still fighting the same issue. I just upgraded my dlan from 1200mbit/s to 2000mbit/s and the manufacturers own software roughly shows an upgrade in speed of 80% between the same power sockets. But when i transfer a file using smb the transfer speeds are exactly the same if not even a little worse. I am stuck at ~ 10MB/s. Therefore i did what you suggested months ago and iperfd the whole thing. Surprisingly the data shows that the 1200mbit/s version is faster than the new one. I guess it could be because of the different way they transfer the data. They are also not compatible with one another. I am just really surprised that an "upgrade" actually makes things a little worse. I guess there is no other solution than to live with the slow speeds or to have some ethernet cable running through the whole flat.

Thx for the advice. The dlan is the culprit. Once i hooked up the Odroid directly to the router my desktop is connected to the speeds were amazing. I then put it back to its old spot on the dlan and tried to use iperf yersterday, but i wasn't able to run it. I also don't have time to test it at the moment. The issue will have to wait until the weekend. The reason why i didn't expect the dlan to be the culprit is because i have a 3 way setup. So the modem is connected to the dlan, my desktop pc is connected to it in another room and the Odroid is in a third room. The download speed from the desktop to the internet is ~ 33000kbit/s, which is what it should be. Therefore my wrong conclusion was that every pc connected to the dlan would then be able to achieve at least the same speed. But i guess i was wrong. Maybe the dlan device is faulty or something like it. I gotta test some more here...
    Thx for your advice! I will post once i have new insights into what is actually going on.

Hi everybody,

i just upgraded from a slow as fuck Raspberry 3 OMV build to an Odroid XU4 build. After i have configured almost everything i want to, i found out that my transfer speeds with samba are ridiculously slow. At first i thought it was a samba problem but i now think it has something to do with the ethernet. I couldn't really make out any other thread with the same issue. When i copy files between 2 USB 3.0 devices via ssh speeds are ~ 80MB/s, but when i try to copy files from my desktop pc to the OMV system via smb speeds are ~ 10MB/s. When i copy a file from the Odroid to my desktop the speed goes down to ~ 6MB/s. Even though the Odroid has gigabit ethernet i feel like the speeds are more what i would expect with 100mbit/s ethernet. I have to note that the odroid is connected via dlan, which on paper should be able to handle 1200mbit/s. I know that the actual rates are a little slower, but in no way they should be as slow as 100mbit/s. At the moment my issue is, that i don't really know how to progress with my troubleshooting.
    Has anybody with a similar setup experienced the same issue? Does anybody have any advice on what to do next?

Peace Larkin

Grab 'Debian server – legacy kernel' from here: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-c2/
    Then follow normal procedure to login as root:1234 as by the documentation: https://docs.armbian.com/User-…#how-to-prepare-a-sd-card

Then as root do an 'apt update' followed by an 'apt upgrade' and then call 'armbian-config' --> 'Software' --> softy --> 'Install OMV'. Will take some time on a slow SD card, with a Hardkernel eMMC it's done in few minutes...

Thx for the reply. I tried to do it that way but when i got to the point where armbian was supposed to 'Install OMV' the screen went blue for about 5 seconds and then nothing happened.
    I got the original Odroid C2 image to run with an old router i found somewhere in the dungeon i call my home. Apparently that thing doesn't support IPv6. So i connected the Odroid and my laptop to it and changed the Interface to DHCP for IPv4 and Disabled for IPv6. Now the Odroid has been running for about an hour and it seems to work.

Only the reboot option doesn't seem to work. Every time i try to reboot the device isn't responding any more. Just a physical reboot seems to fix this.

I have the exact same problem. Reinstalled the image and tried it again to no avail.
    The Odroid just loses the network connection and isn't responding any more. The yellow network led stays dead.
    It seems like i am not able to turn of IPv6 on my router as it is some ISP restricted hardware garbage. Is there any other workaround?

Hey guys,

i got a problem. I had OMV 3 running on my Raspberry 3 for about a year now. I want to replace it with an Odroid C2 soon, but last night the RPI crashed. It wasn't reachable through the network any more. This happened two times before and usually reconnecting the power rebooted the RPI and everything was working again. But it seems this time i corrupted something on the sd card/installation. After plugging the power back in the RPI didn't seem to boot. The yellow led blinks about 2 times and then nothing happens. The leds of the network connection stay completely silent. Since this is a headless system, i don't know how to access or repair the data on the sd card as long as the RPI doesn't get a network connection.
    To test if the RPI was still functioning i inserted another sd card with a linux image and that booted as expected (including network connection). Therefore i think i fucked up the other image/sd card.

And here comes my question:
    Is there any way that i can access the data on the broken sd card installation/image?
    I got a couple of files on there which i didn't have the time to back up yet and therefore would like to rescue.

Cheers Larkin

Orange Pi RK3399 obviously uses a PCIe attached ASMedia SATA controller to provide one SATA 3.0 port (with 5V/12V power headers for a 3.5" disk) and another mSATA port on the back that can be turned into a normal SATA port by using a cheap mechanical adapter.

What about the Orange Pi Lite 2? It costs about 25$ and has USB 3.0. It lacks gigabit ethernet but makes up in IEEE 802.11 AC/bb/g/n.
    I am considering to upgrade my Raspberry 3 OMV NAS to this device. I am just not sure if i can get the board to run OMV smoothly.

I've also stumbled upon the Rock64 Media Board. But i've read somewhere that they are not that well supported. I guess the same goes for the freshly released Orange Pi Lite 2.

Hey Guys,

i know that this was probably covered somewhere in the forum before, but i wasn't able to find anything useful and decided to past after 30 mins of search.
    I have Raspberry 3 with omv 3.0.95 running smoothly since about a year now. I have multiple HDD's with a lot of different files on them connected to it and the shares work well. Since i come from a gaming background my desktop PC is running Win 10 and i connect through smb to open and copy the files. Sometimes i want to copy a file from one hard drive which is connected to the Raspberry to another one that is connected to it. At the moment i am doing this with the smb protocoll which is stupid because the file has to go through my win 10 PC to then go back to the Raspberry (at least i think that is what happens). Obviously i could connect through ssh. But then i am missing a gui and tend to get lost in the folder structure of my hdds. Therefore i was wondering if there is some kind of graphical interface that lets me connect to the Raspberry and do the internal file exchange easier and faster?

Sorry for that long text.

Cheers,
    Larkin

I have a question myself. Is there a possibility to start the jdownloader plug-in with a certain parameter?
    Because i am running OMV on a headless raspberry the autoextraction doesn't work. Therefore i need to start it with the parameter -DsevenzipLibID=Linux-armpi. As the gui layout is right now i think this is impossible. It would be great to have that feature included.

All you guys seem to have the same problem. My guess is that the limit of 20% cpu rate is holding the update back and therefore the jdownloader won't work properly. My solution to this would be to deactivate the jdownloader in the gui and do the update manually. That means connecting to the server via ssh and just starting the jdownloader headlessly like this:

Zitat von me

cd /opt/jdownloader/
    java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar JDownloader.jar

You can put the parameter -norestart at the end. Otherwise you will have to either restart the server (only works if jdownloader isn't demonized obivously) or kill the process yourself:
    ps -aux | to find the pid that jdownloader is running on
    kill -9 <pid> |fill in the pid to kill the process
    To make sure you killed it you can again do ps -aux. Afterwards jdownloader should be up to date and not running. Now you can start it again via gui.

Thx for your reply flmaxey. I figured something like this would be necessary. But then again because the old hdd was faulty i didn't actually use it. I only mounted it and when i tried to copy some files via ssh i found that it was totally unreliable. Therefore there where no shared folders or other entries. At least as far as i know.
    Last night i went crazy and copied the config.xml file a bunch of times and updated the packages on the pi and did a lot of other stuff. For some reason at some point the old hdd was just gone out of the config.xml and gui. I can't really retrace what made it work, but for now it seems fixed.

Thx for all your help guys!

Thx,

i followed your instructions and was able to delete the following part

I rebooted the pi and when i returned to the gui i got the message that i need to aprove some changes. When i try to accept them i get the same error message as before. The detailed version looks like this:

Hey guys,

i got a little problem. I want to get a new external hdd running on my omv headless system. By taking a look at the filesystems tab i saw that the last failing external hdd which i connected is still in the list and as soon as i try to mount the new hdd the system tells me: "Failed to get the filesystem implementation for '/dev/disk/by-uuid/C24C1BD34C1BC0D9' or the filesystem does not exist." <- this is the old drive
    So then i tried to delete the old drive just to find that the moment i click apply i get the same error message. So it seems i first have to erase the old hdd. How can i do that if the gui won't let me?
    I found some solution on the web explaining that i would have to change it in the config.xml in /etc/openmediavault/. But i was not able to locate my old hdd in there.
    Does anybody have a solution?

Cheers

Thx for the reply. Well i think that the problem might not be with the license and rather with my settings. Because the H264 encoding should work out of the box. Anyway, i will follow your adivce and post on the official pi forum. cheers

Hey guys,

does nobody have an idea? Throughout the week i tried to dl a youtube Video and it wouldn't let me download it since jdownloader reports that ffmpeg is not working. So i'm guessing there is a direct connection to the mpeg2 codec not working properly.