Posts by scienta

Hey guys!

I've encountered something strange. OMV is reporting that my VM is out of ram. The syslog is filled with messages such as these:

"Jun 14 09:57:42 openmediavault monit[704]: 'openmediavault' mem usage of 1393337040896.0% matches resource limit [mem usage>90.0%]"

The VM is assigned 4GB RAM and the host reports 91.57% (3.66GB) usage. From what I know, Linux likes to use avalible RAM for cache, but is this really ok?

Thanks for help!

This error occurs because you've one or more filesystems with the same label.

Could it be because the fileysstem is referenced as /dev/sda1 in web-gui?

I can find the disks as /srv/disk-by-label-xx and as /dev/vda

Disks are mounted in fstab by:

Code
    /dev/disk/by-label/xx /srv/dev-disk-by-label-xx ntfs defaults,nofail 0 2

While trying to edit permissions for a new user, I ran into an unexpected problem. The web-gui gave me an error and said that one of my disks was busy and to check journalctl -xe for further information.

In journalctl, I find these messages:

Code
    /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:2: Service name conflict, rootfs already defined'/'
    /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:34: Service name conflict, mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-xx already defined ''/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xx''

I get the same message for all my disks. I tried deleting the file /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf and restarted monit service, but the problem persists. I have no idea as to whats causing this?

I have the same problem, keep getting this message: openmediavault monit[733]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-DiskX' status failed (1) -- mountpoint: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DiskX: No such file or directory

What I've done so far:

• Made sure disk is not referenced anywhere in Web-GUI
    • Deleted entry in fstab
    • Deleted entry in config.xml
    • Ran omv-mkconf monit

Seems that I started to get this message also: openmediavault monit[733]: Device /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DiskX not found in /etc/mtab

What else can I look for?

EDIT: A system restart seems to have helped.

Hi guys!

I have a similar problem, but I'm on OMV 3.0.73 (Erasmus). I tried the reset permissions thing, but it does not seem to work.

I demounted the HDD the shared folder is on, and now I can't edit the permissions for the folder, nor delete it. Currently FTP, NFS, SNMP and SSH is running - can anyone of those be the problem? They are turned off in the settings, but still running. And I've never even used the FTP service.

Users are deleted and the serviced that I have used are turned off. When I try to edit the faulty folder I get this error message:

"Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='c94ae964-4869-468e-b5ce-ceee77272297']'"

Ideas?

Hej guys!

First, I'm sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum. I am a beginner and I'm not sure where my problem should categorize.

So, I was installing a VPN-client when then I suddenly started to get the error "bin/bash doesn't work" (or exist, not sure anymore). So I decided to try a reboot, but the computer wouldn't restart as usual. Instead I got the error message "boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod not found" and grub rescue prompt. Right, I started searching for others with similar problems and found lots of posts. I've now tried several of the fixes I've read about, none of which have worked so far - I've tried locating GRUB in the rescue prompt and I've tried reinstalling through live-cd. Now, as I mentioned, I'm a beginner, so I'm pretty sure that I've missed something. However, I did get some diagnostics from boot-repair, so I was hoping that one of you awsome coders might have something to add. Thanks in advance for the help and patience!

Here's what I got: http://paste2.org/99IH7CLF