Beiträge von TheSidewinder

Dunno then.

RDP in Win 8.1 (titled "Access RemoteApp and desktops" from Control Panel) asks for a URL or an email address, it will not take anything else.

The help text on the setup screen specifies this and shows an example which is https:// (though it ends with a .aspx filename). Try to use http and you are told it must be https.

Everything I've thought to try ends the same way:

The remote computer cannot be authenticated due to problems with its security certificate.
    Security certificate problems might indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the remote computer.
    Windows cannot continue setting up this connection. Contact your workplace administrator for assistance.

This was just an exercise to see if I could get it working, really, not something I "must have", but figured it was something I had simply overlooked. Any help appreciated, but don't lose sleep over it, lol.

Just installed the Remote Desktop plugin, and trying to get this working with a Windows 8.1 box and RDP.

First up was the warning that the connection was not secure, you must use https to connect.

So I generated a self-signed ssl cert in omv and enabled (but did not force) a secure connection in omv General Settings page. And I *can* login to the omv interface with https now, so the self-signed cert is working, but RDP is still telling me the same basic thing, that there is a problem with setting up the connection. I'm using https://192.168.x.x:3389 as the URL, and the resulting error is:

The remote computer cannot be authenticated due to problems with its security certificate.
    Security certificate problems might indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the remote computer.
    Windows cannot continue setting up this connection. Contact your workplace administrator for assistance.

Searching for similar topics didn't really help. One suggested I had to explicitly start the xrdp service (which I did) but that did not help.

What am I missing, please? :)

You may wish to do a "Check" again. In my case, a second package just showed up on the Management page, one related to another which wouldn't install. I updated both and it worked fine this time, now that page is empty. Looks like you were right, rycoeaaron, and Debian got their repos sorted out. At least, the one(s) to which I was connecting.

UPDATE: A second package just showed up on the Management page, one related to the other which wouldn't install. I updated both and it worked fine this time, now that page is empty. Looks like you were right, and Debian got their repos sorted out.

Well.... in ssh after a fresh install of omv, trying to run omv-aptclean throws this error:

root@debian-pc:~# omv-aptclean
    -bash: omv-aptclean: command not found
    root@debian-pc:~#

(and I did run omv-firstaid to be sure that loaded; it did)

The second command ran without any obvious errors. I saved the output if it's needed.

I then rebooted for good measure.

But back in omv interface, the update is still showing, and trying to install it produces the same error:

>>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" install linux-image-amd64 2>&1': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    linux-image-amd64 : Depends: linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

Puzzled.....

Has something changed with the repo or files since "yesterday"?

Fresh install this morning of OMV 3 on a spare PC (on which I have installed Debian 8 then OMV3 several times this weekend, all worked fine until today) is throwing this error when trying to install an update to it on the Update Management page. Here is error:

>>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" install linux-image-amd64 2>&1': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    linux-image-amd64 : Depends: linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Repeated attempts to update this have failed. Tried SSH and "apt-get install linux-image-amd64" but that was similar result:

The following packages have been kept back:
    linux-image-amd64
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Following up here, it's already fixed in next release, but if you want to get that working now, see the bugtracker report for it.

Votdev posted the fix to github, and it's a one-line change in a file. I've already done it and it works perfectly now!

I'm hitting this as well. If there is only the Primary email it works fine, if you add any Secondary email, sending produces his error:

Failed to decode JSON string: No error

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to decode JSON string: No error' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:184Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('EmailNotificati...', 'sendTestEmail', NULL, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

This is an issue with their repo and/or package. I was able to install 1.3.3 from their repo. Someone should notify them.

apt-get install plexmediaserver=1.3.3.3165-ed2f710

Well.... I've tried to alert them. Some moderator CAN download it, so thinks it's on my end. But repeated attempts to do as he did, fails with same issue. It's a zero-byte file. I've posted a followup for him, maybe someone else from here can add to it:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…n-ubuntu-16-04-lts#latest
    (I know my post there was somewhat off topic, but it's related)

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "it won't hurt anything"...It won't install. Trying to do so fails with this error right at the end:

Fetched 4708 kB in 0s (6118 kB/s)
    Unable to correct missing packages.
    E: Failed to fetch https://downloads.plex.tv/repo…3.4.3285-b46e0ea_i386.deb Size mismatch

E: Aborting install.

Which..... hmm, that's a different error than I was seeing last night when I tried this.

In any case, it won't install, which is odd because this was the second time I set this up on a spare PC, and the first time it did work.

EDIT: Not sure if this is a clue, but I tried to retrieve this file manually: https://downloads.plex.tv/repo…3.4.3285-b46e0ea_i386.deb

and it was a zero-byte file.

It appears something is broken with Plex again?

I just did a fresh Debian 8 install on a spare PC I have (no more RPI, rycoaaron, lol), and manually installed OMV 3.0.64.

Several plugin installed already without issue, but.....

Trying to get the Pex plugin installed, OMV-Extras -> Update ends with this line:

W: Conflicting distribution: downloads.plex.tv public InRelease (expected public but got )

but the entry does appear in the Plugins list as plexmediaserver 3.8.1.

However, try to actually install it and you get the same error as above:

W: Conflicting distribution: downloads.plex.tv public InRelease (expected public but got )

Replying a month after last post, I know, but....

Is that still correct, the RPI (I have a Pi-3) *cannot* use the Teamspeak plugin which I see in the Plugins page?

Thanks in advance.