Posts by jobinjv

OMV is installed on /dev/sdf

1. I wouldn't mind fixing OMV to make use of USB Backup but where do I start ?
    2. If is do a fresh install, Can I mount the RAID without any issue ?
    3. I'm not a linux person and my knowledge in commands are very less. But to somehow get this done I am willing to give it a go.

HI

I have added a screenshot of my system information.

The hard disk was connected by USB3. The data is a share folder on OMV about 1.4 TB, all it did copy in 12 hours or more was 20+ GB.

I have attached a HDD in order to RSync if that will get the job done. The config.xml file since, I feel there are some jobs in RSync that was not removed and there are disks being shown in the file system that don't exist and cannot be deleted.

The system as such is behaving weird, bad gateway errors, communication errors, random errors all the time.

Hello

Please help me in somehow copying my data to an HDD i have added to the PC. I would like to retrieve my data and be as far from OMV as possible. Trying to Rsync give an error.

I tried USB backup but it took the CPU all they way to 100% and 12 hours it was able to copy 2% of my data. I am humbly requesting anyone to help me able to retrieve the data to the new HDD i have added.

I tried the config.xml and it gave me error.

Code
    root@JsMediaVault:~# /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    bash: /etc/openmediavault/config.xml: Permission denied

I looked at the screen captures from this post. The fact that the hard drives show up at all, under Physical drives, is promising. However, you'd have to wipe the drives, in Physical drives, before creating a new file system or (heaven forbid) another array. If you do that, wipe the disks, any chance of data recovery is out the window.
    First, test your NAS "extensively". Again, if something is wrong with it, looking at the hard drives is a waste of time. (And don't dismiss the idea arbitrarily, thinking that your NAS PC is OK. Some of the voltages that go to your drives also go to the MOBO.)

If the NAS tests OK, and you want to take a shot at reconstituting the array, this is a good guide to do it. -> Linux RAID Recovery

If you manage to get your array operating again, give serious thought to getting your data off of it and setting up real backup.

Thank you for your help.

I was away from home and only a remote to my home pc available, so i kept on trying out commands from other similar threads,

fdisk -l :

Which lead me to more search and finally issuing this :

mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abcd] --verbose --force

Well, this brought the raid up, with an output that only two HDDs are functioning. Anyways, backing up the data and will try another fresh install. Or may be another Distro. Seems usually the help here is sparse or selective.

I will check up on with the Live CD

I tried a few commands and these were the outputs

fdisk -l :

mount :

My four HDDs were connected to a faulty serial SATA power. The thing was working fine till I made a restart today and power for two HDDs failed, upon checking the web interface first it showed me only 2 HDD and later none.

I fixed the power issue but once the system came up there are no RAIDS to display in RAID Management, and the file system tab show n/a.

From another thread I tried the following command which too didn't do any help.

Code
    # rm -f /etc/monit/conf.d/*
    # omv-mkconf monit
    # service monit restart

This is the output for cat /etc/fstab :

This is the output of cat /etc/mtab :

Code
    cat: /etc/mtab: No such file or directory

This is the output for blkid :

Code
    /dev/sdc: UUID="12505788-fecf-a058-19b9-265d0b406889" UUID_SUB="68e2d1d1-dde4-133d-656c-7478577d409e" LABEL="JsMediaVault:MediaRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sda: UUID="12505788-fecf-a058-19b9-265d0b406889" UUID_SUB="10cfbb8a-a494-4d3c-29c2-838c15cdd297" LABEL="JsMediaVault:MediaRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="12505788-fecf-a058-19b9-265d0b406889" UUID_SUB="cbfe5fc0-6a29-8df0-f7f3-2a6bbba7193b" LABEL="JsMediaVault:MediaRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde1: UUID="e6c1d965-45a7-4d78-82f9-1892174952cc" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="9e89de26-01"
    /dev/sde5: UUID="4d396a6c-e23a-4ce8-b319-3d007a83fa35" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="9e89de26-05"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="12505788-fecf-a058-19b9-265d0b406889" UUID_SUB="30e79b55-c5de-d8a3-5213-6ddce7bb988d" LABEL="JsMediaVault:MediaRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"

The data is really important. ||:(

I am trying to install iscsi plugin and it keep giving me this error.

But the Share Media is under the root folder MediaVault, right ? MediaVault is the root, on which the file system is created.

Hi

I receive notifications that my raid is degraded, but the menu shows all the hard disk.

Those are system files. They should only be in the root folder of your partition, not in your shared folders. Why do you want to delete them ?

But if they are suppose to be in the root, why are they in most of the Share folders I do rsync ? Is it safe to delete them ?

Hi

I am totally new to openmediavault, I have tried FreeNAS in the past but never used it for long. I am a total noob in unix/linux as well.

My first issue is with FTP, I am neither able to login with the root or a user i have created. If autonomous login is enabled I am able to reach.

The second thing is regarding the copying of files, I tried to rsysnc the data from an HDD on to my raid, but it comes cased in folders. Now I am lost as to how to move the data back to the root share folder. Neither am i able to delete the data from the share folder, it gives me permission issue in windows.

The third being that though I am able to SSH with root account, the user I have created cannot do SSH.