Posts by ajaja

It did, but I think so only because I did something different while selecting. I touched the label "Device *" then it turned red and said, "This field is required." and the dropdown menu worked. Touching the label "Device *" is not intuitive.

Thanks

Hmmmm

Code
    root@omv:~# wipefs /dev/sda
    root@omv:~# 

I now get this at Storage | Disks when I Wipe it.

I am trying to add a brand-new 16TB disk. I see it at Storage | Disks and can Wipe it. When I try to Create the volume at Storage | File Systems it is not available in the dropdown selector.

How do I add this new drive?

Code
    GPT data structures destroyed! You may now partition the disk using fdisk or
    other utilities.
    1+0 records in
    1+0 records out
    4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.00401689 s, 1.0 GB/s
    8192+0 records in
    8192+0 records out
    4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.452988 s, 9.3 MB/s

openmediavault-mergerfs - done

So I am in Wisconsin for a while and am back at it. I did a fresh install of 6.0.5-3 (Shaitan) on my server. I want to merge the file systems of a few of my drives as I've done before. I just don't understand how to do it with the current plug-in interface.

Do I place something like this in 'Paths' field:
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/ffd38b91-901e-47e5-a388-e58632a7b2c9-part1

/dev/disk/by-uuid/f41eded5-63d6-4b9c-8bfc-2a909e6331ec-part1

So I keep getting this similar error with plug-in installs/removals and system updates.
    What can I do to get my system back and running?

Thanks

looks like zfs is not installed on your system.

Ugh. I just uninstalled ZFS plugin, and reinstalled the plugin:

UUIDs

…post your fstab file.

So I am still without my mergerFS volume, and just realized that my ZFS volume is also missing. I am quite ignorant to this, so I attached a bunch of images. I hoping on getting some guidance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks

Code
    root@omvSix:~# zpool list
    The ZFS modules are not loaded.
    Try running '/sbin/modprobe zfs' as root to load them.
    root@omvSix:~# /sbin/modprobe zfs
    modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

Do you have a backup copy of your OMV 5 fstab that had your mergerfs configuration in it?

Found this:

Do you have a backup copy of your OMV 5 fstab that had your mergerfs configuration in it?

Not a recent/current one. I did have a copy&past text file a while back. I think it might be on my OMV on one of the random drives that are not currently stitched together with mergerFS. I am looking.

Wait for the OS and its plugins to mature or just configure it by hand in fstab which is what I do.

Here I am after running imv-release-upgrade and now realizing that my mergerFS 'volume' is no longer. I need help with something I mostly do not understand. I am willing to edit my /etc/fstab, but I fear doing more damage. So please excuse my ignorance while I attempt to sort out my situation.
    I will attach my current/etc/fstab with the hope that someone will say, 'Oh, this simple info is missing. Add this." Let's see where this goes.

Thank you

Is this an issue? If so what should I do?

Ran 'omv-firstaid' selected 'Clean apt' got this:

1. Cleaning apt cache files...

W: chown to _apt:root of directory /var/cache/apt/archives/partial failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: chmod 0700 of directory /var/cache/apt/archives/partial failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: chown to _apt:root of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/auxfiles failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: chmod 0755 of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/auxfiles failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

W: chown to _apt:root of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: chmod 0700 of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: chown to _apt:root of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/auxfiles failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: chmod 0755 of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/auxfiles failed - SetupAPTPartialDirectory (30: Read-only file system)

W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock

2. Clearing available dpkg packages...

dpkg: error: unable to access dpkg database directory '/var/lib/dpkg' for bulk available update: Read-only file system

ERROR: Command 'omv-aptclean' returned non-zero exit status 2.

see post #2

Thanks.

I ran:

For now my production OMV4 box seems more stable while I bring my new machine online. I hope to have the new one finished before OMV6 is deemed 'release.'

Same here with My OMV4 production server.

df -h / : /dev/nvme0n1p1  226G  172G   44G  80% /

awk '$2 == "/" { print $4 }' /proc/mounts : rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro

omv-aptclean ends with