Posts by ajaja

I can relate with your post. While building and planning my server, I find myself balancing between my desire to build a race car, when in reality I need a tractor. My solution has been to make a list of my needs and determine strategies on needs. I ended up building two servers, one manages my most important documents; being photos, videos, and personal documentation. The data on that server sits on a ZFS RAIDZ3(reliable link a Volvo) volume that is backed up to multiple external devices. One of those devices is my media server, which implements SnapRAID(tractor). Very little data on my media server is backed up, yet it is the target for many of my devices' backups. One of the services I have installed is Plex, which uses a large database, that appreciates fast access, so I maintain all of my Docker data on a ZFS RAID10 volume(race car).
    I realize this doesn't answer your query, yet I hope it satisfies some of your wonderment.

Here are a couple links to resources I found helpful:
    RAID10 via ZFS Plugin

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26505_01/html/E37384/toc.html
    https://www.45drives.com/community/articles/RAID-and-RAIDZ/

I came up with a solution and thought I would post it here for those that are interested. I do not know enough about ZFS to understand what's going on in the plug-in interface, so I found a command line solution.

Code
    sudo zpool create -m /srv/Wharf Zenith mirror ata-Samsung_SSD_870_EVO_1TB_S62xXxXxXxX33D ata-Samsung_SSD_870_EVO_1TB_S62xXxXxXxX829Y mirror ata-Samsung_SSD_870_EVO_1TB_S62xXxXxXxX24V ata-Samsung_SSD_870_EVO_1TB_S62xXxXxXxX75A

The important tidbit I needed to do that failed my expectations in the past was to set a mount the point: -m /srv/Wharf. This flag allows OMV to display my volume natively, see attached images.

I am starting a fresh install on my media server; heavily dependent on Docker. Would it make sense to apply this fix now prior to installing Docker?

Here is the solution to disable apparmor on the system and it worked on my test system (not harmful since apparmor package is not installed):

Code
    sudo mkdir -p /etc/default/grub.d
    echo 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"' | sudo tee /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

Taken from: https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/HowToUse#Disable_AppArmor

Hello,

I have four(4) 1 TB SSD drives that I would like to use as a fast redundant database drive.
    How do I create a RAID10 using the ZFS Plugin?

I understand RAID10 in ZFS is simply striping mirrored VDevs. Will I be doing this in several steps or is there an already set method?

Command Line reference:

sudo zpool create NAME mirror VDEV1 VDEV2 mirror VDEV3 VDEV4
    or

sudo zpool create NAME mirror VDEV1 VDEV2
    sudo zpool add NAME mirror VDEV3 VDEV4

I am doing a fresh install and creating this RAID will be one of my first operations, as it will hold, both my Home directories and Docker data.

Post the output of

omv-showkey mntent

Post the output of

blkid

Post the output of

lsblk

128GB SSD via internal USB

What kind of media is omv installed on?

Model: USB3.0 high speed (scsi)

Disk /dev/sdo: 128GB

Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B

Partition Table: gpt