Beiträge von stopspam

OMV Ver 6.0.7

SMART cannot be enabled if OMV is running in a VM.

When trying to enable SMART, it will fail with an error that contains the following:

ID: start_smartmontools_service

Function: service.running

Name: smartmontools

Result: False

Comment: Service smartmontools has been enabled, and is dead

The reason for this is here:

https://github.com/smartmontools/smartmontools/issues/62

To fix this, comment out the "ConditionVirtualization=no" line in /etc/systemd/smartd.service, i.e. ";ConditionVirtualization=no"

I run OMV in ESXi and passthrough the onboard SATA controller and an LSI card. SMART appears to works fine.

Hope this helps someone with a similar setup to mine!

Code
    /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff: line 365: [: too many arguments

I had this same error and found that my snapraid diff was definitely failing.
    Try ssh into the box and going to /usr/sbin and running "sudo omv-snapraid-diff".
    Mine failed with an error writing to a content file due to a read-only file system (my cause was a faulty SATA cable causing one of the content filesystems to be locked read-only - fixed by replacing the cable and fsck).
    Another way to see if the diff is failing is checking "/var/log/snapraid.log". If you see 'Added: [] - Deleted: [] - Moved: [] - Copied: [] - Updated: []' instead of something like 'Added: [0] - Deleted: [0] - Moved: [0] - Copied: [0] - Updated: [0]', the diff is definitely failing so the script cannot parse the output correctly.