Posts by Linkito10

Use proxmox and put the OMV system on a VM, use containers por everything else or just create a ubuntu VM with docker, and anything u like.

I use an old i7 860 for proxmox with 8gb of ram:

OMV has 2 cores and 3gb ram

Ubuntu with docker has 2 cores and 4gb of ram (just a couple of services on docker runnign)

a windows10 machine but its just for testing, is not running

and a Win2016 server for AD but its off too, just turn it on when i need a change on my PCs on network (i have a business).

So the disk, 120gb ssd for proxmox, 2x2tb (raid1 config in bios) for the OMV sharing media, etc, and 2x1tb (raid1 config in bios) for VMS, containers, etc

All work fine for me, i spend like 150$ including the disk. Lol

Use proxmox and put the OMV system on a VM, use containers por everything else or just create a ubuntu VM with docker, and anything u like.

I use an old i7 860 for proxmox with 8gb of ram.

Ubuntu with docker has 2 cores and 4gb of ram (just a couple of services on docker runnign)

and a Win2016 server for AD but its off too, just turn it on when i need a change on my PCs on network (i have a business).

So the disk, 120gb ssd for proxmox, 2x2tb (raid1 config in bios) for the OMV sharing media, etc, and 2x1tb (raid1 config in bios) for VMS, containers, etc

All work fine for me, its like u have the update of mine... lol.

I use an old i7 860 for proxmox with 8gb of ram.

Hi guys, here Kevin form Lima, Perú.
    Im using 3 differente NAS at home, at work and personal office.
    So, i have a proliant DL380 g6 with 1 disk 146gb for OS and 6 disk 146gb raid built in HP array utility for Data and a external seagate 4tb for backups.
    So what happen today is a fail disk of the raid, the led of the disk is orange, and i cant see anymore the shares in the raid, and im worried cause i make backups each week, so i lost a week of work.
    So, my question is, can i recover all data? can u tell me how? i rly need help!!!
    Thanks for your help, if im not in the correct topic, pls move to the right one.
    And sry for my rly bad english.
    Ty.