Beiträge von corey5188

I understand that would solve the issue... I just thought that I could save a few bucks and provide internet connection to his computer through the server, like I would be able to if it was a windows machine instead of OMV5...

Your approach is incorrect. Plug both computers into the router instead.

My OMV server sits under my sons room. It is running directly to the router (the enp3s0 port) via cat6. I am trying to SHARE internet access with my sons computer as he says his wifi is too slow. So I have dropped a cat6 line down from his computer and want to plug it into the spare ethernet port on my OMV server, enp6s0, and pass through internet connection/network access on his Win10 system.

Anybody? I have tried doing everything in the links below:

Setting_up_your_Bridge

https://www.audio-linux.com/html/bridge.html

The OMV GUI option to bridge doesnt work really the way I'd figure... Within the GUI, I can see my ethernet port enp3s0 which is connected DHCP to my router (which has it set to a static IP address) as the only interface. Clicking to add a new one, and then selecting "Bridge", I can then see my OTHER network card enp6s0, but selecting it alone doesnt allow it to provide a network/internet connection to the PC on the other end of the ethernet cable. I would expect to need to be able to select both enp3s0 and enp6s0 to actually create a bridge to pass internet connection to another computer, or what?

Regardless, nothing will allow internet/network passthrough. It shows on the Win 10 PC that his computer is connecting to an "unidentified network" that doesn't assign him an IP address or provide network access.

I have a NAS running OMV5 that has 2 ethernet ports. One is built into the motherboard, one is a PCIe card. The one built into the mobo is the one that is connected to my home router, the other is unused. I am currently trying to basically setup "internet connection sharing" where I want to be able to plug an ethernet cable into the spare NIC on my NAS, and run it to my sons PC. I have tried just about every "bridge" guide I can find... OMV Web GUI doesn't really help, the systemd file creation and what not allowed my sons PC to connect, but it doesnt have internet or network access (shows as unidentified network on his Win10 system).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Corey

So I have just spent some funds to get my OMV based Plex/NAS server upgraded. I just upgraded from an old Intel X5460 quad core with 4GB of RAM to a Ryzen 2600x on an ASUS mobo with 16GB DDR4 3200MHz. Having done this, I wanted to start playing with the VirtualBox plugin as there has always been a few other things I wanted to configure.

To start off, I have installed, uninstalled, purged, re-installed manually, via plugin, etc for hours. I have created a shared folder giving vbox and vboxusers full R/W privileges to on one of my 3 3TB HDD's. I have added that folder in the SMB shares and can access it from my main PC to see the VM files populate as I create a new machine. I have turned on the virtualization settings in my mobos BIOS. But no matter what, the same thing happens.

I end up getting into phpVirtualBox, and I am fully able to do the steps shown in any YouTube video about setting up a VM, regardless of having had plenty of experience with VM's, but only on windows. The problem is when I go to load the virtual optical drive with an ISO. And it doesn't matter what type of OS I am going to install, I'll set up my machine as shown in the picture, but once I go to LOAD ANYTHING, I never get folder or files to show up, just the screen shown in the second picture. I've been pulling my hair out all day, but I cannot for the life of my figure out how to get to SHOW MY FILES AND FOLDERS so I can go and select the .iso.

Please, please, if any of you have an idea on how I can get this fixed, I would be ever so grateful...

Corey

Cache issue? Especially since you just did an upgrade.

Open your browser in Incognito/Privacy Mode, and log in to the webUI.

See if that resolves the problem.

That immediately fixed it... The banner was there, I click apply but this time the box wasn't empty and I clicked ok and it disappeared. Now it is gone in the non-incognito mode.

What can I do to avoid this? Maybe something related to this is why my Tautulli login page just refreshes essentially when I try to log in...

Thank you! Now I need to see if I can get MiniDLNA reinstalled and running properly

Ok, it was this that I couldn't understand, remove/uninstall the plugin from the plugins tab, then run apt clean again, if that doesn't resolve it you may have to edit the config.xml in /etc/openmediavault

It already shows as uninstalled in the plugins tab. Also, if i try to reinstall it it just pops up that blank window that never changes. So no matter what, the pop up box shows up empty and does nothing but sit there....

I tried to turn on my DLNA plug-in for the first time since updating to 4.x, and it gave me the option to apply the configuration but it is just an empty box that doesnt ever show anything or disappear. I have included a snap shot.

I tried rebooting, used SSH to remove minidlna, but no matter what the prompt is displayed above the GUI and clicking either option results in the blank box.

If its noteworthy, I just had a ton of mono-cert updates for Jackett..

Docker is like a virtual environment of sorts. It can appear to be a bit unwieldy at first, but there are guides available here on the OMV forum site that will show you the way. I use to have quite a few programs running on my OMV that were either done via OMV plugins where available or separate manual installs. I replaced as many of those as possible with dockers, a dozen of them so far. It's the way to go.

Wow so its that nice!? One of my biggest grips is that my OMV server cannot be running a VPN, and thus cannot do the actual downloading of the files for plex, else plex will not work outside of my home. If I was able to run docker setups, I imagine I could finally do both the downloading and streaming on one device... where should I go to start getting a feel for how docker setups work?

I had been on OMV 3.99 for months without issues and was perfectly content with the system so saw no reason to risk losing everything in an update to 4.0. Last week I noticed my plex page keeps telling me there is a new update, but it never showed up in the update management section of the webgui. I AM a plexpass member with beta if that makes much of a difference. Thinking that maybe the plex plugin was no longer being supported on 3.x I went ahead and updated to 4.1, but still no plex update is available. Everything seems to be running fine in the meantime, I just need to try and find out why my VPN stopped working months ago....

In the meantime, is there some reason the newest Plex updates aren't available? Typically the plugin updated the same day I'd see the notification on my homepage...

Thanks,

Corey

i think it has to do with the program being called Tautulli now... I opened putty, then cd /opt/plexpy. When I type ls, it shows all the old plexpy files, and now also shows the Tautulli files. If I then run python Tautulli.py it will begin running the server, on its original port (8181), and I can access it just fine. As soon as I shut down putty however, it stops working. So, basically I think whatever script the built in plugin runs on startup needs to be changed to start the program Tautulli instead of PlexPy and then it would work fine. I need to keep digging until I find out what method the plug in uses to boot PlexPy at startup...

Edit: Until the pros can sort out an actual solution to integrate the new version of PlexPy (Tautulli) into OMV, I have come up with a temporary solution that is working for me for now... open Putty or whatever you use to connect via SSH and while logged in as "root", I did the following...

Code
    nano /etc/rc.local

then I typed

Code
    cd /opt/plexpy
    python Tautulli.py

then I hit CTRL+O to write out the file. Before doing this, my rc.local was blank. Now I exited putty and went into the OMV Web GUI and went to scheduled jobs. Here I added a job:

I saved, applied the configuration, and then rebooted. And wouldn't you know it, Tautulli is working again! It is running on its default port 8181, so I had to change my bookmark from 8182, but otherwise its running fine. I have noticed now that going back into nano /etc/rc.local the code I had written initially is no longer there, just some other scripting, but I don't care, it only worked when doing what I did in THAT specific order.

Until we get a fix, this should get everyone up and running...

Went to check if there were any updates today and got this error. Does the same thing when using putty...