Posts by ct85msi

Hello,

When I enable SSL/TLS Force secure connection only, I have an error and I can acces OMV web panel from port 80 or what I set up to connect directly to http:// and not https://

The error appears alsy when I only enable enable SSL/TLS but despite the error https:// is enabled.

The conclusion is that the toggle for Force secure connection only does nothing.

Please help.

OMV5, clean install on debian 10.1 today, upgraded from OMV 4.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I understand that this is an error in the python package in Debian, not OMV`s fault...but.. what is the workaround, why didn`t anyone fixed this yet ?

Installed two months ago OMV 4 and this isn`t fixed yet :(

Thanks

3.5 gives me this error:

Code
    Error
    The method 'setSettings' does not exist for the RPC service 'Flashmemory'.
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'The method 'setSettings' does not exist for the RPC service 'Flashmemory'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:91
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Flashmemory', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

Another issue is that when I play a youtube video (1080p) with chromium, the cpu load is 90-100%. When I play the same video in windows 10 x64, chrome, the cpu load is 16%. I think that the kernel doesn`t know how to use all the low level instructions included in the cpu, h264/h265 codec.

cat /proc/cpuinfo and lscpu tell me that the cpu has 1024 KB of L3 cache, but it has 2 MB. These Apollo Lake CPUs are indented for intel NUCs, Asus and Gigabyte have only one mb with apollo lake, only Asrock has 6. Linux support for apollo lake is still in alpha or inexistent.

I have J3455B-ITX, 1.20 bios and it has poor linux support. Only with kernel 4.10 the board booted ok. With kernel 4.9 I had small booting problems with UEFI, legacy was ok.

I think the board`s bios still has bugs. I had tried Debian Stretch, Ubuntu 17.04 with the default 4.10 kernel, with the latest 4.10.x kernel, with 4.11 kernel, windows 10 x64 (!!!!) with CSM disabled but after the board was halted or unplugged for a long period , at the first boot, the board will shutdown and start automatically and enables the CSM automatically. No matter what I do, what kernel, what OS, the board enables CSM after a long period of being shutdown.

With the drives in standby, the LOADPCT was 5%. For 6 watts it doesn`t worth to shorten their lifespan by putting them in standby.

Found the issue. Two of the reds had different firmware and they parked the head after 8 seconds. After I disabled this, the raid array is online, no more standby.

root@heimdall:~# idle3ctl -g /dev/sdb
    Idle3 timer is disabled
    root@heimdall:~# idle3ctl -g /dev/sdc
    Idle3 timer is disabled
    root@heimdall:~# idle3ctl -g /dev/sdd
    Idle3 timer is disabled
    root@heimdall:~#

Before that, the newer drives /sdb/sdc had the value 138 when I issued idle3ctl command.

Hello,

I have a raid 5 array with 3x WD RED 2 TB hard drives.

The problem is that all 3 hard drives enter standby after ~ 30 minutes but I didn`t configured hdparm for them.

CPU Pentium G4560, MB Asus H110M-D D3, UEFI Boot, Debian 8.8, latest OMV.

How can I disable standby ? Or this is done automaticaly from the hard drive`s firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

It seems that the conservative governor is not available for the newer intel processors.

The intel_pstate driver supports only the performance and powersave governors, but they both provide dynamic scaling.

Source https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CPU_frequency_scaling

Code
    Apr  4 17:56:29 heimdall cpufrequtils[1358]: CPUFreq Utilities: Setting conservative CPUFreq governor...disabled, governor not available...done.
    root@heimdall:~# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
    performance powersave
    root@heimdall:~#

Can I ignore the error or it will be corrected in the future builds?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Hello,

I did a clean install of OMV 3.0.69 on top of Debian 8.7 and the filesystems are not referenced anymore. I created shared folders on those filesystems. The shared folders are referenced because samba and minidlna are using those shares. I could unmount the filesystems resulting in the corruption of sharedfolders.

I needed to recreate those sharedfolders again.