Beiträge von cahooa

Ok so I was able to fix this. I uninstalled Plex through the OMV plug in manager. Then through SSH did steps 1 through 4 above. Then instead of step 5 I reinstalled plex through the OMV plugin manager. Plex seems to be working now.

I was able to get plex to install by following these instructions:

1) apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver plexmediaserver
    2) rm -rf /var/lib/plexmediaserver/
    3) userdel plex
    4) groupdel plex

Then...

5) apt-get install openmediavault-plexmediaserver

And I'm not sure 5 is necessary but I did do it. Anyways now the service fails to start. Here is the log file:

Hi did this but it did not solve my problem. This is my error at the install:

This is the error after I hit close on the install window:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Is there some sort of services file that needs to be purged of plex?

Hi I'd like to also report that I'm getting the same error

Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver''

I'm running OMV 3.0.74

Plex installed fine the first time but the web interface wasn't working so I uninstalled and reinstalled, and ever since then it has 'failed' the reinstall. It installs ending in an error, but then the services page will not load in OMV until plex is uninstalled. Activating and unactivating the plex service doesn't do anything. If I uninstall and reinstall I get the error every time.

Thanks,
    -Alex