Beiträge von rcourtman

tvheadend. From looking at the logs it looks as though it's a permission problem. Perhaps the remote server needs the same user to be present?

Code
    Oct  8 23:09:05 microserver tvheadend[2100]: dvr: "Downfall" on "BBC FOUR HD" recorder starting
    Oct  8 23:09:06 microserver tvheadend[2100]: subscription: "DVR: Downfall" subscribing on "BBC FOUR HD", weight: 300, adapter: "Sony CXD2820R (DVB-T/T2)", network: "London", mux: "London: 570,000 kHz", provider: "", service: "BBC FOUR HD", quality: 100
    Oct  8 23:09:14 microserver tvheadend[2100]: mkv: (null): Unable to create file, open failed -- Permission denied
    Oct  8 23:09:14 microserver tvheadend[2100]: dvr: Recording error: "/media/cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/microserver/Video/Recordings/Downfall/Downfall.mkv": Unable to open file

I've opened up the permissions on the Recordings folder with no luck.

I've set up the USB this evening with the remoteshare plugin, and it seemed to be working fine except for when I want to save a file to where the share is mounted. It's saving it to the USB stick :S

So I've set an xfs filesystem on the usb stick, created a shared folder on it, and used that shared folder to mount my remote share to. On the server, I can cd into /media/uid/ - and see my remote system files! great.

The trouble is, I'm using a TVtuner on this server and I've set its recording path to /media/uid/folder/on/remote/share and for some strange reason it's recording the shows to the USB stick! rather than the remote share. I can make a directory just fine from the cli on the remote share, so it beats me as to why it's recording directly to the USBs storage rather than the share that's mounted on it?

Ok well I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem and I read that on the web. If that's not the case any ideas why my fstab entry won't wait for the network despite the _netdev option being present?

In case someone else has this issue this is a simple automated workaround.

Create file
    /etc/network/if-up.d/fstab

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    mount -a

Make it executable. Any script you place in if-up.d will only be run after the network is up.

_netdev - this is a network device, mount it after bringing up the network. Only valid with fstype nfs.

I'll try an fstab with nfs instead of cifs, may have been the issue.

Ah okay I was slowly getting to that conclusion =[ Soo the boot sequence has a slight flaw in it from what I can tell? It checks fstab for mounts before bringing up the network, so any network entries fail and get missed. The USB stick is a workaround, the other being a boot script that runs 'mount -a'. Both are not ideal but will get me that remote share mounted which is all that matters I guess =]

Thanks for the help - you've saved me a headache, appreciated.

You can mount remote shares with this plugin but I don't understand why you need to mount it to that specific folder?? If you really need to, install the downloader plugin and symlink the shared folder to /media/backup.

It doesn't have to be that specific folder, I just want to mount a remote share but not to a /mnt/ device like a USB or Sata drive.

I'm trying to mount a remote share on boot - but without having any other drives in the server other than the system one. and can't find a way to do it. All my fstab entries don't pickup because the network isn't up in time. Once booted however I can 'mount -a' and the fstab entry will work fine. So that's when I turned to this plugin instead. But it looks as though you first need to create a share on a disk that you can mount to. I don't want to create a share as I don't have a disk in the server to create one on.. So that's why I just want to mount it to the system drive e.g /media/backup

Thanks!
    Cloudy

Heylo!

Having some difficulties with the remoteshare plugin. I want to simply mount an external samba raid to the system folder '/media/backup'. But in order to do that it looks like it needs a share, and won't allow me to select a folder from the system drive to mount to? I can manage it no problem through the cli.. but the plugin seems to require that it be mounted to an external drive. I don't want to have to put an external drive in this server (too loud for where it's situated) nor do I want to mount to a USB.

so for example this works:

Code
    mount -t cifs -o username=username,password=password,rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 //192.168.1.120/backup /media/backup

But in the plugin I can't find a way to mount it to /media/backup

Tried the googs but no luck there either :/

Thanks,
    Cloudy

I think the plugin's in a good place. I love that you can boot to clonezilla one time from the ui, perhaps it just needs an fyi in the initial backup section - that it's not the best method to restore from.

SO I've installed 0.5, and instead of running the updates/upgrade to 0.6 I was thinking the rsync would take care of that? Additionally do you think there are any other folders I should exclude? other than lost&found?

R

edit* Unable to install GRUB in /dev/sda This is a fatal error - the i.t gods are agaisnt me today.

I wrote the post and the plugin. So, you can be assured the methods are the same. You shouldn't need to run a script. Just try the following:

If you aren't replacing the system drive, just boot systemrescuecd.
    Mount the drive (or array) with the backup at /mnt/backup.
    Mount the system drive at /mnt/gentoo
    Then restore: rsync -aAXv /mnt/backup/shared_folder_name/* /mnt/gentoo/ --exclude=/lost+found (substitute shared_folder_name for actual folder)

Thanks. I've done this but unfortunately it doesn't advance me past the screenshot I posted above. I know the files are the same on my backup and destination, but I think there's some kind of mismatch in the uuids or something as it's not mounting the system properly.

tekkb you're not wrong.

Thanks ryecoaaron, this post has turned into one of those threads most role there eyes at, me included.

Before I work through these steps, is it safe to assume that the backup code in that thread you've linked to is the same code that generated my backup in the plugin? Only I chose the destination of my backup to a folder on my samba raid (EDIT* on a different server so I can still mount it), rather than a dedicated disk that just holds the backup.

Been trying to fix this all day but seems I've made a hash of it and now I can't boot into omv at all :/

I thought about it more this morning and I tried the following:

-Copying all the files from omvbackup to top directory of a freshly formatted ext4 USB
    -Booting into clonezilla cmd prompt, mounting both the system drive and my usb drive with backup on
    -rsync -avz --delete /mnt/sda1/ /mnt/sdb1/ (This seemed to work as it deleted all those extra files I talked about in the top post. So I thought I now had a system drive that replicated the backup I made
    -Now when I boot from system drive I get all kinds of errors and panics. From the looks of things it can't mount the system drive anymore?

I'm in above my head now and worrying I've lost my omv!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl85tab6unm37ze/Screenshot 2014-08-30 14.07.47.png?dl=0

Perhaps the rsync has destroyed the sym links for initrd.img to the /boot? Update* Nope, the symlinks are all intact :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice on restoring a backup I made with the Backup plugin? I recently made the mistake of installing a large amount of files to the system drive and it filled up very fast. Consequently it broke a few things so I'm wanting to restore a backup I made to go back to how it was.

The backup plugin appears to cp the system drive file for file to a location of your choice, the problem is I can't find a way (other than complicated dd commands and rsync) to restore my OMV system drive with these files.

Is it possible somebody could give me some direction please? In hindsight it looks as though I should of run backup and pointed the destination to another drive. But what I did instead was set the destination to a raid I have on another server, making it difficult to boot into clonezilla and do a device-device restore.

Hopefully that's clear and I've not waffled on too much.

I'm on Kralizek if that helps =]

Many Thanks!

rcourtman