Posts by lucamoiana

Hi, I finally upgraded my system to a raspberry pi4 with 4Gb and OMV5,

I did connected my disks and everything went smooth except for the only important disk I have, the one with my pictures:

When I connect the disk it gives me some name error, I think related to spaces in the label. I did search to change my label but it seems to be pretty difficult but I wanted to ask before backing up everything to a second disk and wipe and rename the disk with my pictures.

thanks

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of OMV but I'm feed up with Raspberry limitation, considering buying a Buffalo 421de NAS from eaby and flash OMV on it.

Is this duable? any tutorial on that?

I'm waiting on your reply before placing my bid

Thanks

Thanks for your help.
    My goal is to save money and use minimum power, what I need is to manage:
    One disk, possibly the one I already have, dedicated to torrent and plex;
    An external USB disk dedicated to my photos;
    An external USB disk backing up my photos.
    All connected with Ethernet plug and serving two pc and one smart tv and an Apple TV first gen with Volumio.

I was curious to use Odroid but I dunno if it can handle external USB disks

Hi

I've been playing around with Rpi 3 and OMV4 with the goal to reuse parts that I have sitting around and don't waste energy.

I did try with Rpi3 but I keep having troubles with OMV4, you can easy tell by the number of my posts, recently my Rpi3 keeps loosing the attached USB disks.

Enough.

Here is my question: what is the best hardware to low consumption, low noise and good performance?

Ideally I'd like to reuse spare parts that I have:
    AsRock E350M1 with very noisy fan
    4Gb Corsair Ddr3 1333Mhz
    120Gb Kingston SSDNowV300
    Toshiba 1.0 TB 2.5 STOR.E BASICS USB 3.0
    Seagate 1000GB - 1TB Serial ATA III 2,5" 5400RPM

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Hi,
    I have a raspberry pi 3 running omv 4 with an attached usb 1Tb disk with data.

What I'd like to do it's a fresh install, due to some configuration problems i did, without losing data on the 1Tb disk; any tutorial on that?

thanks for your help

While settings permissions on "shared folders" for a USB volume attached to raspberry pi with OMV3 I get this error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; getfacl --no-effective --access -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-download/watch' 2>&1' with exit code '1': getfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-download/watch: No such file or directory

WHAT CAN I DO?

Hi, I'm running OMV3 on raspberry, and I know it's not the best system but I'm ok with that, and I have attached three usb disk:

WD mybook 2TB self powered
    LaCie 1TB self powered
    Toshiba 2TB usb-powered

Since my NAS as only one user and it's mostly to stream music and photos, I set all the physical disk propreties for the max power saving:
    Advanced Power Management to 1
    Acoustic Management to Minimum performance, minimum acoustic output
    Spindown time to 20minutes

Still the self powered disks are noisy and they seems to spin alla the time.

I just recently installed MiniDLNA and Transmission, but that works only on one disk.

How can I have them to spindown and save some energy?

thanks for your help

Hi,

I'd like to setup a OMV volume as OSX Time Machine Volume, but I'd like to be able to access the files even from other OS, is this possible or the files will only be available for that user on OSX ?

thanks