Posts by ptruman

the output of

Code
    cat /etc/default/openmediavault | grep TEAM
    OMV_DISABLE_TEAMVIEWER=true

By running the other commands, I got no error.

I comment out the teamviever-line in sources.list.d/omvextras.list, now it's running ok.

But that isn't a good solution :-(

Came here this morning to see why it was broken, and found the teamviewer repo error....

Wondered why, as I don't have it enabled, and then found it was claiming a repo signing error, but it's actually 403 rejecting everyone who tries to connect.

I presume they've broken it nicely, so I've temp commented it out, and (amusingly) have nothing to update.

Hopefully it's back in 24 hours or so...

I've got the firmware image also (just omitted it as it wasn't headers/kernel).

They all show up on the grub menu - but that's where I noticed - after the crash I had, the boot menu was "large" :)

Code
    root@openmediavault:/home/root# apt-get --purge autoremove
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Well, it's certainly adding them - I didn't know if it had a limit (I'll soon find out if it hits 11). I know votdev has commented before that it's an owners responsibility normally to remove them in case stuff breaks :)

apt-get --simulation autoremove shows nothing to remove.

dpkg -l | grep pve shows I have:

5.4.103-1 is currently active, pending a reboot to switch to 5.4.106-1

Slightly off topic question, but does the extras functionality remove the older proxmox kernels?

(or is this a manual task?)

I've now got 10 proxmox/pve kernels and 10 recovery images showing in the dropdown/boot screen.

(also had a random crash yesterday, with maxed out IO-WAIT - not sure what occurred/where - but it rebooted to the latest (yesterday) kernel and then downloaded another one today :)

Thanks (and I see similar from that poster and another now) - I did a search for these packages before I posted and didn't get a response (mind you I got an error when I submitted the post too, so...)

I shall leave it do it's thing.

I have a salient tale of "not paying attention" before on a previous OMV install when I installed ntpd and it broke *all the things*. Stuff lives in Docker now!

Running

Code
    dpkg -l |awk '/^ii/ && $3 ~ /bpo/ {print $2}' 

...will show what is installed from backports, which (in my case) is:

e2fsprogs

firmware-intel-sound

firmware-qcom-media

firmware-qcom-soc

firmware-samsung

libext2fs2:amd64

logsave

Lo

I've noticed in the nightly update checks that:

Code
    The following packages have been kept back:
    e2fsprogs libext2fs2

So, given that sometimes they need a specific poke, I tried

Code
    # apt-get install libext2fs2

And this horrifying message was returned....

Oddly enough, I don't want half the valid OS (and OMV!) being ripped out, so I hit CTRL-C

I noticed e2fsprogs was saying it would be removed, so checked that one:

I did wonder if a dodgy repo was at fault, but from what I can see with apt-cache showpkg on either package, both are coming direct out of the core debian repos (I DO have an HP repo available for my microserver's agentless management service).

A double check:

...and...

...shows they are the main repos - albeit backports
    I have proxmox installed via omx-extras - and uname-r shows

5.4.78-1-pve

How do I get out of this one? (or is it a waiting game?)

Your local network will probably work as your router will be intelligent and "hairpin" the external address back to the WAN interface and process accordingly.

My OMV is on port 81 (similar reason to you) but I'm using Traefik to handle the proxying (with SSL) and it works.

External IP:443->Router->Port Forward to Traefik Docker IP:443->SNI->OMV:81

Here is my Wireguard config. As mentioned, it runs in BRIDGE mode (set via Portainer). I access it via Traefik (i.e. my router forwards the WG port to my host, and Traefik handles it from there). I use a common DNS name internally and externally, BOTH resolve (internally and externally) to my public IP, and my router handles the hairpin.

My WireGuard config is:

I have set my CLIENT (Android) AllowedIPs to be:

Code
    192.168.1.0/24, 10.13.13.0/24, 0.0.0.0/0

And my CLIENT (Android) WireGuard DNS is my LAN DNS IP.

That way Wireguard is (AllowedIP) to see my DNS, the LAN (when DNS resolves internally) and "the internet".

If you remove 0.0.0.0/0 you won't get internet over WG, which is fine if you don't set "Block Connections Without VPN" in Android - i.e. you'll split tunnel.

If you're not clear on Traefik, you might want to read my main guide on OMV/Portainer/Traefik which is here : https://site.gothtech.co.uk/ar…ainer-traefik-letsencrypt

And then read my WireGuard add-on which is here: https://site.gothtech.co.uk/ar…encrypt/wireguard-traefik

^^ This.

Your settings will survive, and as long as you've setup volumes correctly, your data should persist.

If your container takes a while to init, this can get annoying if you miss something (dlandon/zoneminder takes about 10 mins to start...) but overall it's good. I really prefer the Portainer UI to the old docker one - and I've only had problems when I installed Traefik, setup a DNS entry for portainer to use Traefik (with SSL) and then took Traefik down (I forgot what I did, so that was fun).