Posts by ptruman

Do a custom install and/or select LVM with encryption.
    You'll have to enter the decrypt key on every boot however (meaning you'll need to be present or have an IP KVM).....

Lo there

I moved to 3.0 recently, and hadn't noticed this until today....
    Went into Diagnostics > System Logs > DLNA, and got this error pop up :

"Invalid method parameter: id does not exist, and it is not an optional property."

"Show Details" reveals :

Code
    Error #2003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: id does not exist, and it is not an optional property.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:290
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/logfile.inc(82): OMVRpc->validateParams('LogFileRpc::get...', Array)
    #1 [internal function]: LogFileRpc->getList(Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(262): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('LogFile', 'getList', Array)
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #5 {main}

Apologies if I missed this, but is there a fix/known bug?

FYI I appear to be using "openmediavault-minidlna 1.0.23-cvs20111203-static-4" as the miniDLNA plugin.

...and it's not a bad one :)

First off, being suspicious, I backed up my O/S partition via DD to a file on the other partition, and then copied it to an external PC - just in case "it all went wrong".

Then, I pinched Volker's instructions from http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51 with a few mods/extra steps...

1) Edit the file '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list' and change the repository name from 'ix' to 'omnius'.
    2) apt-get update
    3) apt-get upgrade

Let it finish
    Reboot
    Login to WebUI - check most things work. Notice the 0.2 plugins (website/OpenVPN) are giving JSON errors.

4) Remove the 0.2 plugins updater forcibly, via apt-get remove openmediavault-omvpluginsorg
    5) Grab the 0.3 plugins .deb file from http://omv-plugins.org/ - i.e. wget http://packages.omv-plugins.or…0.3.2~3.gbpa0b737_all.deb
    6) dpkg -install openmediavault-omvpluginsorg_0.3.2~3.gbpa0b737_all.deb
    7) apt-get update
    8) apt-get upgrade
    9) reboot

All well so far!

I will add, this is on a custom install - my O/S partition AND data partitions are both RAID1, and I have FreeRADIUS, Squid, Asterisk, DNSCrypt and other things all running too, so the box is quite central to my ops :)

Another problem I found...

Barring the fact Zoneminder installs "everything" (check the apt-get dependency list), when I removed it, I started getting CRON errors for some reason.
    To solve those, I apparently screwed up the apache2/pam-auth mod.

The fix (if you find you can't login the webgui after removing zoneminder and trying to cure log errors) is here :

http://forums.openmediavault.o…hp?f=3&t=350&p=1078#p1078

Resolved (sort of).
    Somehow the /etc/php5/conf.d directory had gone AWOL.

I installed the OMV ISO onto a VirtualBox and backtracked the files, and now the GUI works again.
    Not sure what exactly broke that, but I'd be VERY careful if you install/remove Zoneminder (see other thread).

I appear to have screwed something up :\

After trying to install and remove zoneminder, I now can't login to the WebGUI.

If I login, I get "Internal Server Error" when putting the admin user/pass combo (a bad combo DOES return an error).

/var/log/apache2/openmediavault-webgui_error.log shows this :

Code
    [Fri Aug 24 13:34:19 2012] [warn] [client 192.168.1.100] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function pam_auth() in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/authentication.inc on line 54, referer: http://192.168.1.210/

pam_auth.so is currently sitting in /usr/lib/php5/20090626, along with pdo.so

Is anything missing, and if so, can someone get me a copy of the missing file(s)?
    I *think* I removed a file as after removing zoneminder I started getting the following log errors from cron :

Code
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I'm running three Windows based PCs here. I've just set them all up so each user has a Z: drive mapped to a share on OMV.
    The Z: drive is also mapped as "My Documents", so that all the files are stored on OMV by default anyway. Any roaming can be accounted for by copying or "Offline Folders".

An OpenVPN tunnel and/or rsync would also allow for PC/remote OMV copying.

Not denegrating, you understand - just highlighting what can be done with "already present" installed software :)

This piqued my interest (I have an old IP camera) so I had a go.

Steps to install
    1) Login and get root
    2) apt-get install zoneminder
    3) cd /etc/apache2/sites-available
    4) cat > zoneminder (and cut/paste the following)

<VirtualHost *:8282>
    UseCanonicalName Off
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.cgi index.pl
    ServerSignature Off
    DocumentRoot /usr/share/zoneminder
    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/zoneminder-vhost_error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/zoneminder-vhost_access.log combined
    Alias /zm /usr/share/zoneminder
    <Directory /usr/share/zoneminder>
    php_flag register_globals off
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    <IfModule mod_dir.c>