Posts by crimsonblaed

I use a wired network, and yes it can handle 720p without issue. It does take ~3secs to start buffering but once the video starts its fine. I have the latest 512MB version of the Pi.

Quote from "Spy Alelo"

b) for OpenELEC-home. My OpenElec-Machine doesn't need a USB- or Harddrive with this. Thx to marcelbeck for the hint

Gday Solo0815 (not surer why it quoted as Spy Alelo? ),

Could you explain this further, do you mean that you do not have Openelec physically installed on a client machine?

Quote from "tekkbebe"

Your situation sucks. I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I'll check into repo. I hope you don't get discouraged by this.

Not at all, I only learn from my mistakes :D

I have been and still very happy with the OMV product, I have had it running for the last 1.5 years with major issue- the only hick-ups were hardware related. I just was a tad blasé about doing the initial upgrade and then paid for it. :roll:

Thanks heaps for your help and support, I really appreciate it.

So I did apt-get purge openmediavault, and it got rid of more packages

then, apt-get install openmediavault

the full installation process ran and completed with the following:

Quote from "tekkbebe"

what repo did you install for omv-plugins.org

When I was on 0.3 I used
    OMV-Plugins.org Plugin Download for OMV 0.3 (Omnius)

once upgraded to 0.4.x I used
    OMV-Plugins.org Plugin Download for OMV 0.4 (Fedaykin)

via cli as i could not get to the WebGUI due to this issue

Quote from "tekkbebe"

what do you get when you

apt-cache show openmediavault (is it installed?)

output

doing apt-get uninstall ... now

root@server01:~# apt-get uninstall openmediavault
    E: Invalid operation uninstall

No dice and now no OMV ...

What I did:
    apt-get remove openmediavault ---> all good system suggested apt-get autoremove to get rid unneeded packages

apt-get autoremove ---> all good, packages deleted

apt-get install openmediavault ---> system finds "openmediavault is already the newest version"
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded
    Do you want to continue? Y
    Setting up openmediavault (0.4.6)
    --> see recurring error

Now no OMV installed and will not recover :(

Quote from "tekkbebe"

try

apt-get -f install

I've done that and get the same error message ...

Hi Guys,

I have had issues following my upgrade to v0.4, as per post http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1144.

As it appear the is no straight forward fix, I will do a clean install and start over.

My Question is: if unplug all my data drives, do the re-install on my OS drive, then re-connect the data drives will they re-sync all folders and files with no data loss, ie will the system want to format the drive on re-connection?
    I have over 2 TB of data and nowhere to store it other than the OMV NAS, so it will all be lost.

Hope that make sense

Thanks

Hi All,

I have just updated to omv 0.4.6, which has left me in a lot of pain and loss of hair ...

Anyway, I have sorted most the issues - network settings cleared; FastCGI script errors; user permissions to name a couple.

But the issue that is stumping me is now that I have finally resumed the ability to login to the Web Interface I get the error splashed across the screen

After getting this error I have trawled these forums to find this thread which seemed to be on the right track:
    http://forums.openmediavault.o…orm%2FMultiSelect.js#p317

But to no avail ... I tried to update and reinstall the openmediavault-omvpluginsorg as described further down the page, leaving me with this error

I get this error each time I try to upgrade, dpkg-reconfigure openmediavault or remove Transmission (I have a feeling Transmission might have started this whole mess)

I am at a loss as to what to do next ....

Would you please offer up advise for a fix, I do not want to have to do a clean install if it is not neccessary.

Thanks in advance