Beiträge von penetratore

root@OMV:~# wget http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    --2017-10-24 23:32:57-- http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    Resolving omv-extras.org (omv-extras.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address âomv-extras.orgâ

root@OMV:~# dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.debapt-get update
    dpkg: error processing archive openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.debapt-get (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    dpkg: error processing archive update (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.debapt-get
    update
    root@OMV:~#

No change on upgrading plugins or installing the repo :(

Thanks for your attention.

1 - Works for me. Try watching the videos I made - OMV Setup Videos Not being able to access is a permissions issue. Maybe your files still have the old user id from your previous install. The resetperms plugin might help.

2 - "shows errors" is not very helpful.

3 - Sounds like your apt repo needs to be fix. apt-get -f install usually fixes things. Try installing omv-extras from the command line like the instructions suggest.

After the upgrade failed I made a fresh instal but not on OMV 2.x but OMV 3.x.
    The only thing that changed was the hard drive. Before that everything was running smooth. So the configuration looks to be ok at least for OMV 2.x

Add 1. Now SMB sharing works .. dont ask me how but it works.
    Ad2. for example I try to upgrade plugin samba-libs i get following error masage (see attachemnt)
    Ad3. I run the command I i get the massage

root@OMV:~# apt-get -f install
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 89 not upgraded.

when trying the the run the command upgrade throught putty I get the massage like:

root@OMV:~# wget http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    --2017-10-24 23:08:05-- http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    Resolving omv-extras.org (omv-extras.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address âomv-extras.orgâ
    root@OMV:~#

Any ideas how to solve it?

Hi

My main files disk died last week on the OMV 2.0version
    I bought a new one and wanted to upgrade to 3.0.

The update procedure failed. The server didn`t stant up after instaling.
    Then I reinstalled the system from scratch and I got the server up and running. Added the new files drive and I wanted to share partitions. But I managed to enable only NFS.
    1. SMB dosn`t work. I created users, added shares. Slected privileges but on the local networks I see OMV but can not access.
    2. After login throught Chrome I can refresh the plugin list but when I want to install any plugin then is shows errors.
    3. The most important are the OMVEXTRAS. I download the files from the page. Select this file throught the webbrowser and then hit upload. A processing window appears, go to 100%, then it disappears, but I can not see the plugin on the list to be able to
    "install it.

I dont understant why I get so much problem with this release ?
    Dose anybody know what happen with my OMV ? How to solve it?

My motherboard is Asrock QC5000M.

Sorry for asking stupic question but i`m rather noob in linux ... I can make copy, paste and enter ... :)

on the cloud commander I see under dabian the instruction

$ curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x | sudo -E bash -
    -------- For Node.js v7 Version --------
    $ curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_7.x | sudo -E bash -
    $ sudo apt-get install -y nodejs

it dosn`t run on the first command, when I try to execute it on my root@OMV:
    Please help? :)

Hi.

I looking for a windows file manager that would work like on the OMV lever like the MC.

Now when I`m managing files on the OMV then I`m accessing the server via putty, after loging in i`m starting MC (midnight commander ) and then when I move files the the transfer is immediate.
    When I try to do the same via SMB access (windows) or via WinSCP (creating to sessions) then the files go throught windows .. coping from one place to another. Not like in the MC.

Is there a client for Windows doing the same stuff like the MC for OMV

Hi

I have bought the ASRock QC5000M.

1. I tried the easiest way .. put the mobo in the case connected with the old hard drive (with OMV instalation for the previouse Mobo Asrock A330ION) ... the client start ... in teory everything looks ok .. the LAN led blinks on the back of the Mobo but I can not connect to it via the web interface .. I dont see it also on the router .. I dont know what is wrong ??

2. Then I tried to make a fresh instalation. I`ve created a USB stick .. entered the setup .. chose the language and then I get a massage that I have to instal additional drivers from CD. I`ve connected CD drive a put the CD added to the Mobo but I got the massage that the CD contains files that can not be used for instalation. I didnt get such a massage when I installed the Asrock A330ION version ...

Can you please suggest a solution for point 1. or 2.???
    are the problem connnected the the Motherboard on AMD ... would I get the same problems on the ASROCK J3060M or Asrock Q1900M ?

The BIOSTAR A68I-350 DELUX look to be a better option than Asrock Q1900M .. it has 3xSATA3

For 5$ more I can have a newer Mobo ASRock QC5000M (AMD A4-5000) with more cores and more performance, and lower TDP but less SATA3 ports

look be be a better option than the E350 ... but can I install OMV on this ASRock QC5000M?

There are also low power Intel board (ASROCK J3060M, ASRock J3355B-ITX) but i`m not convinced

Just the NIC died?
    Go for a PCIE-NIC (if not used yet) or something like http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-ethernet-adapter

HTH

I have something like that Edimax USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter but I dont know linux very much and I could not configue it ..

I`ve plugged the adapter in and wanted to execute the steps that are in the guide:
    [root@...]# tar -xf DRIVER_SOURCE_PACKAGE.tar.bz2
    [root@...]# make
    [root@...]# make install
    [root@...]# modprobe usbnet[root@localhost template]# insmod ax88179_178a.ko
    [root@...]# rmmod axax88179_178a

but it dont work out :( so I moved to buy a new mobo .. easier :)

Hello,

I`ve been runing OMV on my old HTPC mobo (Asrock A330ION) until the LAN port died .. :(

I want to reactivate the NAS with a new mobo (maybe to use the DDR3 RAM) and I want it to be cheap as the ION was ok with the performance .. the 1080p films woked via SMB fine and I could access other files from the tablets just fine.

I`m lookin for a solution with with low power consumption and integrated processor and I found these in the same price ~55USD:
    Asrock Q1900M
    BIOSTAR A68I-350 DELUX

Are the mobos worth considering ? or is there something beeter in the price range?