Beiträge von kyou

Hi. I cannot logged in at samba share using ldap auth. Can access webgui but prompt "session not authenticated" after.

Samba share is working fine before I configure the ldap..

I also changed the /etc/samba/smb.conf , smbpasswd -W and systemctl restart smbd

Code
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://<ldap_ip>:389
    ldap suffix = dc=domain,dc=com
    ldap admin dn = uid=omv.nas,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=domain,dc=com
    ldap user suffix = ou=Users
    ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
    ldap ssl = off
    ldap passwd sync = yes

Edit:
    Enabled FTP and my LDAP Auth works..

Ahh, yes. My bad. realm -v join domain.com -U omv.nas --client-software=sssd was included in my last last post.. I also tried --server-software=ipa but still get the same error.

I see freeipa has a demo site. If I get a chance I will setup a vm and try to join it.

Oh, cool. Thank you :D

Yes, I did.

Hostname:openmediavault
    Domain:domain.local

LDAP - ipa.domain.com
    OMV - openmediavault.domain.local

I received the same error as shown above. Does firewall has something to do with this? No?

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# realm -v join domain.com -U openmediavault.domain.local --client-software=sssd
     * Resolving: _ldap._tcp.domain.com
     * Performing LDAP DSE lookup on: <ldap_ip>
     * Successfully discovered: domain.com
    Password for openmediavault.domain.local: 
    realm: Couldn't join realm: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

Thank you @donh. I'm still having issues though.. not sure if I should post it here or in the other thread xD

I was able to show and login my LDAP Users at WebGUI using the same steps I did before plus installing nscd and restarting the service. But I cannot access the SAMBA Shares even though I already gave the user a permission :3

Uhm, my LDAP Server is FreeIPA (CentOS) and the info to the extras section were added already. Anyway, i'm a lil confused on what to put at password server and realm, should it be like the first one or the second one?

Code
    password server = ipa.domain.com
    realm = DOMAIN.COM

or

password server = domain.com
    realm = DOMAIN.COM

Hello,

I hope i'm not too late to ask but, i'm having a problem joining the domain. Uhh, what exactly should I put in the General Settings: Workgroup under SMB/CIFS? Thank you :)

Code
    Please enter the domain you wish to join: UPPER CASE?
    <DOMAIN.COM>
    Please enter a domain admin login to use: 
    omv.nas
    If join fails please check /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/krb5.conf
    Password for omv.nas@<DOMAIN.COM>: 
    Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain WORKGROUP
    root@openmediavault:~#

Well, just in case one of the drivers was broken I won't lose the data..

I tried Raid 1 (1.5TB) and Raid 10 (1TB) then Raid 0 to add them both, but will try unionfilesystems plugin as well.

Thank you! :)

Hello,

I have (2) 1.5TB and (8) 1TB Disks, I would like to ask what's the best Raid to use?
    I'm thinking of doing Raid 1 to (2) 1.5TB, then Raid 1 to (8) 1TB Disks then Raid 0 to add them both, but I'm not sure if it's the best way to do so..

PS: The OS has separate disk

note: I have 6 groups and need to put some quota (equally)

Thank you,
    Kyou :)

• Install LDAP Plugin
    • Fill up Directory Service section
    • Open terminal and follow the instructions here at https://wiki.debian.org/LDAP/NSS
    • List of users and groups shows up when I type the command
    Code
    # getent passwd
    # getent group
    # ldapsearch -h <ldapserver> -b dc=<your>,dc=<domain> -x uid=<username>
    # /usr/sbin/omv-rpc "UserMgmt" "getUserList" '{"start":0,"limit":null,"sortfield":null,"sortdir":null}'
    # /usr/sbin/omv-rpc "UserMgmt" "getGroupList" '{"start":0,"limit":25,"sortfield":"name","sortdir":"ASC"}'
    • But when I logged in at WebGUI, the list of GROUP was shown but the USER would throw “Communication Failure”
    • Went to Shared Folders to check if user’s will show in ACL’s Permission and it did! Not in Privileges tho :3

What seems to be the problem? I have tried this and that but always having trouble midway of the tutorial.

PS: Also, I cannot access the Shares in nautilus whenever I enabled the Directory Service / LDAP.

FreeIPA v4.04
    OMV v3.0.87 (Erasmus)
    LDAP-Plugin v3.1.6