Posts by Blebbens

Okay, now I installed a freshly OMV 4.1.2 from USB to my new SSD. This worked fine.

But, now this error occurs and OMV does not start.

Very frustrating... some help, please...

Images

• IMG_0836.jpg

oh... I was not able to get access to the WebGUI, so I connected a monitor a couple of minutes ago.
    OMV is booting into the login screen, the monitor is showing this.
    But, it tells me, the ethernet interface is not available... frustrating, can not find the error.

Clonezilla does not work... even with expert settings ignoring the bigger size of the original HDD.

There has to be an easier way to migrate from one to another HDD.

I backupped using the Backup addon to an USB drive in the past. So, why not restoring ?

Hi there,

After OMV 4 is running again, I wanted to make a backup to an USB-stick using the addon.

All I get is this error message... does someone know the solution?

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf backup 2>&1': Shared folder directory does not exist. Exiting... in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/backup.inc:72
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMVRpcServiceBackup->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus1z...', '/tmp/bgoutputp4...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/backup.inc(74): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceBackup->doBackup(NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('doBackup', NULL, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Backup', 'doBackup', NULL, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Cloning was my first idea, but the 500GB OMV-HDD seems to have some bad sectors.
    Cloning would clone those bad sectors/corrupt data, I think.

I was hoping for a freshly installed OMV and restoring my settings including RAID.

Hi there,

I would like to use a new 128 GB SSD for OMV 4. At the moment OMV 4 is running on a 500GB HDD with some OMV-Extras-AddOns installed.
    OMV is managing a RAID of 4 HDDS.

I would like to know if there is an easy way to transfer OMV from a 500GB HDD to a 128 GB SSD. The storage of 128 GB would be more than enough.

I am a bit afraid of loosing my RAID.

Hello,

OMV is running on a HP microserver gen8 with a raid of 4 HDDs and a SD card for pointing to the system HDD.

It is running on demand, approx 2-4 times/month.

But, since today it is not starting anymore. It connected the server to a monitor. It is showing the sd card‘s boot manager for starting the OMV-System HDD. But, OMV is not starting - the boot manager is starting the HDD endlessly.

I took the OMV-System-HDD into an external USB case, connected it to my Mac and booted into a linux CD-image called desinfect. There I tried to repair the omv-system-disk, which told me one sector was repaired. This did not helped, OMV is still not starting.

Before this, a month ago, I made a backup of OMV using the OMV-USB-Backup addon.

My next steps would be to clone the system hdd to a new SSD. But, super duper and carbon copy cloner on macOS are not recognizing the (linux) system omv-hdd.

Another idea would be to scan the SD card (bootmanager) for errors.

My last idea would be to install OMV to the new SSD (how?) without having the raid connected to the microserver and trying to restore the backupped OMV config from USB.

Could someone help me out, please?

Hi,

I tried to update the system, but the following errors occur:

Does anyone know a solution ?

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    python3-requests : Depends: python3-chardet (>= 3.0.2) but 2.3.0-2 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

Ok, I re-installed OMV-extras.
    Afterwards I executed omv-release-upgrade (and left the room).
    At the end the system told me: "Updated successfully".

Today I logged into the web interface to update to the newest packages. While updating the system was showing some errors, but I can´t find those errors in the syslog. Looks like all updated successfully, because the system does not find new updates.

I tried to change some settings like notifications using the web interface, but after pressing "save" the system saves it from 0 % to 100% endlessly.

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from OMV 3.0.99 to OMV 4.x this weekend.
    My HP-OMV is running some omv-extras plug-ins. First I de-installed the OMV-extras-plugin. All those plug-ins are available at version 4.x.
    But, i realized, plex media server is still available at 3.x highest version - does this mean I have to de-install this plug-in ?

I also backupped my system using the plug-in (usb-)backup. Hope, this is sufficient.

Next, I would execute an omv-release-upgrade...

Okay, thank you.

OMV is running on a SATA 500GB hd. Is clonezilla able to clone the drive to an 64 USB stick?
    The hd contains 2 logic partitons. OMV is on a 32 gb partiton.

Is there a way to find out the installed version 3 only non-updateable OMV plugins?

Hello,

This weekend I would like to upgrade my HP microserver (RAID 5) running OMV 3 latest version to 4 newest version.

First, I backupped my system to an USB stick using the backup-plugin.

I am planning to login via SSH and executing the following commands:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    omv-release-upgrade
    omv-initsystem

Hope, this is the best way to go.

But, I am not sure how to handle my installed OMV-extras. To be honest, I do not really know what plugins I have installed via OMV-extras.
    How do I integrate the needed OMV-extras upgrade in my update-solution?

Hi flmaxey,

Yesterday I removed the old hdd and switched to a new 3TB seagate iron wolf.
    The raid is working fine now and showing the status "clean".

Now I wanted to do a fsck.
    After executing sudo umount /dev/md0, it tells me the target is busy.
    the command fsck is not found by the system.

The RAID5 uses ext4, yes.
    Ordered a WD red 2TB.
    There is no space left in the ProLiant, it is a 4bay server, filled with 4 x 2TB hdds. I have to replace the defect hdd.

Have access to mac and windows desktops, can use terminal or putty for ssh. Getting access to omv as root is no problem.