Beiträge von 5xeVo

Does anyone know of good ZeroTier docker installation and setup tutorial?

I am looking for recommendet ZT docker image, docker settings for ZT and tutorial on how to expose local storage to ZT virtual network.

Thanks in advance :)

To answer to myself, may be of help to somone else, solved through OMV-FIRSTAID>Configure network interface.

Works as it should (for now) with iGPU and without discrete GPU. Cause of described behavior is still unknown to me.

Hello,

I have following issue with OMV and would appreciate help finding solution.

My current OMV box:

- CPU: Intel E3-1225 v2 (w/ iGPU)

- MB: Intel S1200

- RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 ECC

- GPU: nVidia 8800GT

- SSD (OMV system)

- 1 HDD (data)

- latest OMV 5.x, installed over Debian per forum/OMV tutorial

When I first installed OMV I have had Intel E3-1220 CPU (w/o iGPU) so I used my spare 8800GT to get monitor output.

Now I have E3-1225 CPU (w/ iGPU) and I would like to take out 8800GT, and now I get into problem.

When I disconnect 8800GT, OMV won’t properly boot. OMV boots but network card does not obtain IP address (?!?). BIOS is properly set to initiate iGPU, monitor is connected to iGPU and I have monitor output thru iGPU. OMV properly boots with 8800GT connected alongside active iGPU :S.

So, what can I do to get OMV boot with only iGPU, without discrete GPU?

I am primarily Windows user, so I have very basic understanding of Linux OS.

Is there some kind of procedure to uninstall discrete GPU and install newly added iGPU? Or some other solution…

macom, thank you for your interest to help.

You pointed me in good direction as I dug further down the hole of docker volumes and found docker volume with Transmission’s temporary downloads folder. And that was it.

Previously I was inspecting just Transmission config folder, that I set up during Transmission installation. But Transmission temporary download folder (volume) was automatically created by Transmission during installation in completely different location on SSD and I was not looking in that direction.

Thank you once again and (maybe) this could be of help someone else in the future.

I have somehow filled my OMV user data partition and I can’t figure out how to clean unnecessary data?

I assume that partial problem was Transmission’s ‘’use incomplete directory’’ set to following location ‘’ /downloads/incomplete’’ but I can’t locate that folder on OMV user data partition.

Is there any way to check and clean unnecessary data from OMV user data partition?

Just make sure that there is no permanent damage to file system coused by an old SSD.

I am not 1-on-1 with Linux so I can't give you
    any more advice.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with NUT service and after manually creating "conf.service.nut" NUT service started without problem.

Here is my readout of "conf.service.nut":

{"upsname": "ups", "comment": "", "shutdownmode": "onbatt", "remotepassword": "", "shutdowntimer": 30, "remoteuser": "", "enable": false, "driverconf": "", "remotemonitor": false}

Looks like I was too tired last night and oversaw that I lost my OMV admin pass in KeePass... :S My user account steped at same place and I just continued to try to login.

I managed to reset admin pass through omv-firstad and I'm back in.

ryecoaaron, thanks for hinting where to look.

Hi,

I'm not sure why or how, but tonight after regular login I got OMV as in attachment, with reduced left tree menu and locked out of any other OMV settings. This is WebGUI admin account.

Current status:
    - my shares still work
    - SSH works and I am able to login as root
    - omv-firstaid didn't help me much
    - tried reboot, didn't help
    - waited for 15-20 mins w/o trying to login, then tried to login, didn't help

Recent changes:
    - uninstalled openvpn plugin and got RPC warning/error for deleted plugin
    - tried to login over SSH with my admin account, but since I didn't add my admin account to SSH user group (learned later), I was denied and after that logged in as root
    - tried to "apt-get purge openmediavault-openvpn", but it returned error and I left it there
    - after aprox. 1h I got into this situation...

Any idea of cause or solution for this situation?