Posts by godfuture

Maybe you can map the port of your fluentd container to the port on 127.0.0.1 and use localhost instead of the container hostname?

So the port is not open to the public, but can be reached from the host.

It works to open the ports on host itself and to refer localhost in fluentd address. This is also okay or even better, because I do not need to attach fluentd container in all networks.

Now I just need to find out why collabora and nextcloud are not working anymore. I guess this is also related to changed dns behavior.

Many thanks!

OMV6 is close to stable. If your system matches your signature, you are still in OMV4. In your case I would consider updating the system. Perhaps this is the root of the problem.

No. did not update the signature. I am on OMV5, luckily.

do you use a custom ntwork like my-net>?.

Yes. And it seems I can resolve those names inside the container. But still when starting, using those names for log driver does not work any longer.

use this to all of your stacks:

I think stacks are really useful. But as I am using a lot of encrypted drives, and I had issues with dependencies of crypt partitions used by docker, I have written my own systemd service files.

I do not really know what logs to provide, as this is happening during the startup phase and the error message is quite clear. So I try to explain the setup a bit:
    My containers are configured with restartPolicy "never". On start, there are systemd services that correctly work together with crypttab dependencies. So systemd is starting the container in correct order. Those docker services with least dependencies are started first like fluentd or portainer. When fluentd is up, other containers are started like mariadb. When mariadb is up, nextcloud and firefox sync goes up. In the past, the logging driver host flag on every container was able to resolve the fluentd container with its name and returned its local ip in network.

Well, today resolving only works in container. Maybe not trying to fix it, but to use a different approach. I do not want to start using fixed ips. Too much effort and if something changes, nothing works anymore. Does someone know how to achieve the same with help of docker dns?

Hi guys, I have a very urgent issue.

Some of my docker container stopped starting because of "no route to host" error. In the past, I have setup a container for fluentd as logging host and configured its container name as host of the logging driver flags in other containers. Basically it is this feature:
    https://stackoverflow.com/ques…ame-instead-of-ip-address

This setup worked without any flaws since quite a time. Now restarting my server since long runtime, docker does not resolve the internal fluentd container ip anymore, but instead resolves my public ip.

Do you know where and how I could start tackling this issue? Did something with docker internal dns change recently? I am not using docker-compose.

Glad for any help!

Update: now I additionally have different other issues. When opening office documents in Nextcloud with collabora, I get "unauthorized wopi host". Don't know yet how this all comes together...

Hi guys,

I have done it. I have upgraded from omv4 to omv5. I have prepared a lot for this. I have moved from nginx-plugin to swag docker. I created backups with clonezilla, restored in virtualbox. trained the upgrade. Reported my issues during upgrade scripts:

https://github.com/dleidert/openmediavault-upgrade/issues/14

https://github.com/dleidert/openmediavault-upgrade/issues/15

https://github.com/dleidert/openmediavault-upgrade/issues/18

https://github.com/dleidert/openmediavault-upgrade/issues/22

So the upgrade went smooth. But even migration to swag was done successfully before upgrade, I get now an internal error in nextcloud. As said it worked before with the same config:

Code
    Interner Serverfehler
    Der Server konnte die Anfrage nicht fertig stellen.
    Sollte dies erneut auftreten, senden Sie bitte die nachfolgenden technischen Einzelheiten  an Ihren Server-Administrator.
    Weitere Details können im Server-Protokoll gefunden werden.
    Technische Details
    Entfernte Adresse: 172.19.0.2
    Anfragekennung: mQoutHj9MFZrtANQDwZc

The setup is the following: I had my dyndns domain where I initially hosted nextcloud as main application on main domain. With the migration to swag I wanted to move nextcloud to subdomain as all other applications. To be compatible with old clients, I wanted to redirect main domain to subdomain.maindomain.

What is the best way to do this? I am doing this:

in another file:

Maybe this is not the problem at all...could really need your help. Dont want to go back as everything else is working just as it should.

Update: issue with nc was solved, but help with nginx and the question above still welcome! :)

Hello everyone,

I have been starting to test upgrade of ovm4 to omv5 using this awesome upgrade script (https://github.com/dleidert/openmediavault-upgrade/tree/4). After upgrade, letsencrypt and nginx plugins was gone. Both were really helpful in setting up a reverse proxy for all docker services.

As already stated in many forums, the only solution to nginx and letsencrypt in omv5 is to use docker or packages. The best solutions I found were: SWAG and Nginx Proxy Manager. Of course there are also official nginx and letsencrypt docker images. SWAG seems nice, but has no gui. Nginx Proxy Manager has gui, but lacks deep customazation where I need it (nginx proxypass and LE validation configs). Nginx and LE images mean to me that I have to fiddle around with low level config files.

Question: does somebody know a service that allows deep customazation, but also has a gui? Or does somebody has an easy way to migrate from plugins to SWAG?

Thanks a lot!

While that may be true, too many people screw up their systems with the plugin and I don't have time to maintain the plugin. Docker is just a better fit.

Technically I totally agree. But I am not so well with nginx config files and the GUI helped me to get to my target. Could the nginx plugin be used to simply write the config file? Then the user could specify the path to nginx config files of nginx container bind mount -> not access to whole system.

Edit: The integration to certs was also nice given that Letsencrypt was easy to integrate / select. I really miss those two pluggis.

I tried openvpn. It worked mostly, but often I got cert problems. Not with ca or server cert, but with the one that manages revoke state. I tried to use one easyRSA for two instances, but ended up with many issues when recreating the container. OpenVpnAs works very well, but allows only two parallel connections. And now I have routing issues with receiving RTP packets. On top, openVPN keepalive packets cost battery life on my phone. To me wireguard is the last hope to be honest :)

Code
    plugins="cups dnsmasq docker-gui domoticz duplicati eyefi ldap letsencrypt mysql nginx openvpn pxe remotedesktop route shellinabox syncthing transmissionbt urbackup-server vdo virtualbox webdav netatalk route mumble vdr vdr-extras vdr-vnsiserver"

There are many plugins, I really like. Nginx, urbackup-server, letsencrypt. Will I loose my nginx sites config? Could I try out before doing the migration? Or do I have to do a full disk backup? I read about a lot problems afterwards :(

Hi,

I am trying to install https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-wireguard on my OMV4 docker environment. But compiling fails. My current kernel is backports 4.19.

I do not know anything about kernels. So my question is, if Debian 9 will be working together with latest kernels? In my case I would like to install Ubuntu mainline. Am I completely free when choosing the kernel? How could I elaborate dependencies?

Thanks a lot for help here!

Many tried to hijack this thread, so lets get back to topic.

My IO monitoring stopped at June '19. This might be the day I have installed a new kernel. Where could I check this? Anyhow, for some devices I have a crying smiley, but I don't know if this was always the case or just changed together with the IO monitoring loss.

Is there a solution with regular update system to get the IO monitoring back to life?

omv: 4.1.32.1
    kernel: 4.19.0-0.bpo.6-amd64

Same problem here.

I have used "--network=docker" to create my own subnets where host names will be dynamically resolved. Problematic with the gui is also that if you started the container using "--network=docker" as extra argument in bridged mode, the next edit will show network mode "Docker". If you save the editor without changing it back to "Bridge", it will fail and reset all port configs.

Now this trick with "--network=docker" does not work anymore. What happened is that my Nextcloud container disappeared due to the error message in the opening post.

Why is the additional network adapter not supported in the gui? How could we fix this problem?

Hello together,

lately I encounter issues with my mountpoints. I noticed that when I am changing configuration of shared folders in web gui, I get an email informing me about many of my partitions:

Short after I get this email:

Does someone have similar issues?