Beiträge von BUFU1610

Hey you guys,

I have a stupid ISP and an even more stupid router (or better cable modem) that doesn't allow me to "port forward" (actually it is just not filtering) dynamically or with autodetection of the IP if something changes (prefix or suffix or whatever).
    Now, as I understand it, the only reason for the prefix to change is my ISP being bored which actually happens very rarely and could be handled. The reason that the suffix changes at all is apparently "IPv6 privacy extensions", because without these the suffix would be built from the MAC and stay the same.

Now this more or less "static" IPv6 address would solve my "port forwarding" problem with my stupid stupid modem... only that I cannot for the love of God deactivate it in OMV...
    I tried changing /etc/sysctl.d/99-openmediavault.conf with two lines having tempaddr = 2, changing it to equal 0 obviously and then basically restarting every electronic device in a radius of 500 km (311 mi) to no avail.

Any tips or tricks or ideas that might help me?

Greetings and thanks in advance,
    BUFU

I'm sorry to dig this up, but the title of this thread is exactly what I am looking for.

The question above stands, even if the OT didn't need it for THAT..

How do I make changes to the nginx config that do not vanish every now and again?
    (in my case I want the gui to listen to ipv6 and I haven't found another way to make that happen than to change openmediavault-gui.)

Hey you guys!

I've got my OMV running and I can access it via ipv6 from the internet because I added the listen [::]:443 ssl deferred; line to nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui...
    but as some people already pointed out on this forum somewhere, that file gets rewritten / overwritten ever so often. I wonder how I can make the change stick....
    I tried adding another file in the /sites-enables directory, but somehow it doesn't work. Anyone know how to keep the ipv6 support without checking it every single time I change something in omv?

So.... I googled around a bit and found out that apparently some dependencies are not available as needed in jessie-backports.

I found them in the stretch repo and installed them seperately from the rest:

Code
    echo deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/stretch.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -t stretch python-cffi-backend python-cryptography python-openssl

after that I used that command you gave me (without those 3 packages I installed from stretch already):

You must have a conflict with another package already being installed then. What is the output of:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get install python3-msgpack certbot python-acme python-certbot python-cffi python-cffi-backend \
     python-chardet python-configargparse python-configobj python-cryptography python-dialog python-enum34 \
     python-funcsigs python-idna python-ipaddress python-mock python-ndg-httpsclient python-openssl \
     python-parsedatetime python-pbr python-pkg-resources python-psutil python-pyasn1 python-requests \
     python-rfc3339 python-setuptools python-six python-tz python-urllib3 python-zope.component \
     python-zope.event python-zope.interface

and after all that went quite well, I tried installing the plugin from the webGUI and that worked as well (although it gave out about a hundred errors in the end, after telling me the following:)

Code
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.88) ...
    Updating locale files ...
    Updating file permissions ...
    Purging internal cache ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     collectd-core

And now the plugin is there and it seems to work, but I have to get up early tomorrow and will probably test all the functionality tomorrow afternoon (and see if it broke anything else on the way...)

good night!

I guess I didn't realize this was an armhf system. That usually makes things a pain in the ass since they don't always have the same packages as i386/amd64 (especially in backports).

Sorry, I should have clarified the armhf thing. The output of the policy check is:

I hope I don't have to wait for OMV 4.x ... is there another way to get SSL working on an armhf system?

so, this is what I get:

Is there anything you see in here that can help me?

Once the backports repo is enabled, do an apt clean from the web interface and you should be able to install the plugin from the web interface.

I am not sure if it is... is adding the deb for the backports as a .list all I have to do to enable the repo?
    because I added it to the omv-extra.list and the install from the plugin web interface still gives me the same error after the apt clean.

You must not have the backports repo enabled.

Exactly. I didn't know about the jessie-backports repo until yesterday.
    I did add a .list and therefore are now able to install backport packages.

The thing is: If I want to install certbot, it tells me it depends on python-certbot. If I want to install that, it tells me it depends on python-acme, python-cryptography and python-openssl.....
    Is this an endless thing? I read somewhere that it's not advised to install too many packages from the backports, but only those necessary... therefore I would like to keep the list rather short (also I have had experiences breaking my whole system by installing a new package.. so, minimal installation seems the safe route for me).

I tried with the command apt-get install certbot -t jessie-backports, is this limiting the install to this specific package? (Is apt-get normally supposed to download dependencies with the package it should install or not? If not, I have to get to the bottom of this myself, right?)

Of course, works on every arm64 Debian the same way, eg. Pine64.

Good to know now. Had to google around a bit to figure that out. Just though I'd put the neo 2 and armhf with plex in a post so the next person will find it quicker in the future.
    And I messaged FriendlyELEC to stress for an armhf based omv image. I hope for the best. ;)

edit: I got the very short response just saying "not yet" which implies that they are working on that at least.

Okay, since I didn't know about backports, I couldn't find it because of that I guess...
    so, will try to install tonight or tomorrow morning and get back to you.

(although I think this is obsolete now, the output:

certbot is in jessie-backports. What is the output of: apt-cache policy certbot

certbot:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: (none)
    Package pin: (not found)
    Version table:

You could probably force install the plugin after that by downloading the .deb and installing with dpkg.

I tried that. Couldn't really see the point in it though.. all the settings are done in the WebUI, no?
    And when I had to reboot shortly after, my whole setup stopped working... so I just reinstalled everything else without that. Don't know what happened, though, couldn't access the NanoPi Neo 2 NAS after that (somehow it worked for a couple of seconds before freezing/crashing.

Hey there.
    I have an installation of omv 3.0.88 running and I try to install the plugin. But I get an error saying
    "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-letsencrypt : Depends: certbot but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."
    And I cannot install certbot either since it is apparently not a valid package... I am puzzled at this stage how to get the plugin installed now... any suggestions anyone?

Oh, if someone is still interested, I got plex working on the nanopi neo 2 1-bay nas omv installation:

Bash
    wget -O - https://dev2day.de/pms/dev2day-pms.gpg.key | apt-key add -
    echo "deb [arch=armhf] https://dev2day.de/pms/ jessie main" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list
    dpkg --add-architecture armhf
    apt-get update
    apt-get install binutils:armhf
    apt-get install --no-install-recommends plexmediaserver-installer

That is all. It simply works.
    (sorry for offtopicing so much.)