Posts by rickyx

Failing to solve the problem, I re-installed everything all over again.

This time, the first thing I tried to configure was smb: well, it gave me the same problem.

The only thing I was deviating from the standard procedure is the manual ext4 formatting.

Why was I doing it? Because for some reason the formatting via web interface was very slow (hours for a 4Tb drive).

So I was resetting disks, creating and configuring Luks via UI but creating the filesystem by hand with mkfs.ext4.

The partition is correctly read in the "File system" menu but I couldn't configure Samba.

Creating the partition with the web interface works instead.

I point out that users, permissions, shares, are exactly the same, also checked in the config.xml file.

There is definitely some part that I didn't catch but I didn't understand which one.

Thank you,

Riccardo

Hi!

I have configured a server with Samba shares: I think every thing is correct but I cannot login into shares.

The search on the internet and on this forum has brought no solution.

Launching the command

Code
    smbclient -L zeraqqu.local

and after password (checked 100 times) I get

Code
    Sharename Type Comment
    --------- ---- -------
    Architettura Disk Progetti in corso

But trying to mount I receive:

Code
    mount -t cifs -o username=crickyx //192.168.1.2/Architettura /home/crickyx//Architettura/
    Password for crickyx@//192.168.1.2/Architettura: ********
    mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=192.168.1.2,unc=\\192.168.1.2\Architettura,user=crickyx,pass=********
    mount error(5): Input/output error
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
    root@Bisonx:~# echo $?

Exit code of mount command is 32, mount failure but I can't figure out what error(5) is.

Here I found that it was something related to domain name. I have checked what could be the problem:

Code
    hostname
    Zeraqqu.stilolab.eu

and for me is fine.s

The user trebek says

I solved this problem by checking my cifspw file, and making sure the domain name was correct.

but I can't find this file on my system...

Is there someone who can point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Riccardo

I had this problem today too. I did an update yesterday but everything was fine.

For one hour I received mails like:

Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Casa
    Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Casa is not a mountpoint

Filesystem flags changed Service filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Casa
    Description: filesystem flags changed to 0x1008

Status succeeded Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Casa
    Description: status succeeded (0) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Casa is a mountpoint

even if I didn't edit the configuration, I was away.

After a restart and some waiting the problem disappeared.
    Thank you,
    Riccardo

crickyx@helios4:~$ zgrep -iE "xts|aes" /proc/config.gz
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_XTS=y
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES=y
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_TI=y
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_ARM=m
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_ARM_BS=m
    CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_ARM_CE=m
    CONFIG_TEXTSEARCH=y
    CONFIG_TEXTSEARCH_KMP=m
    CONFIG_TEXTSEARCH_BM=m
    CONFIG_TEXTSEARCH_FSM=m

Right after the plugin install it was impossible to use it, I got failure in the interface( Check that kernel supports aes-xts-plain64 cipher ) and in the command line.

Looking around, someone suggested some module was missing (and I tried) but it was not this.
    After a ...while, I realized I could try to reboot (I know that does not sound good "just reboot and see, maybe it works"): in this case that "fixed" the issue and I was able to unlock the disks.

You say that dm-mod is not required and I don't know what was wrong,
    Riccardo

Thank you for this plugin, it is working perfectly.

I may suggest a micro improvement?
    Remark in the plugin description that a reboot is required.

This is not necessary for all plugins and everyone has a knowledge of a part of the system.
    If you forget to reboot, you get a
    "Check that kernel supports aes-xts-plain64 cipher" error.
    Than you try to load modprobe dm-mod but
    'modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.14.94-mvebu/modules.dep.bin'...

... and so then begins the pilgrimage on the Internet ;)

Thank you,
    RIccardo

Thank you Sc0rp,

will /etc/sysctl.conf be overwritten during updates?

Why should this solution be weaker than a network where the server and clients are on an equal level, just behind the router?
    You mean a dual-nic to directly forward the traffic for the internal network?

Riccardo

Hi!

My office moved the file server to OpenMediaVault: I found it very clear and responsive.
    I would like to configure two interfaces, so that I can make the server acting as gateway for all the clients inside the office.

This is my configuration:

eth0 : external
    ip 192.168.1.1
    gateway 192.168.1.254
    dns 62.101.93.101 (from isp)

eth1 : internal
    ip 192.168.0.1
    gateway 192.168.0.1
    dns 192.168.1.1 (from isp)

Dhcp
    range 192.168.0.10, 192.168.0.20
    gateway 192.168.0.1
    dns 192.168.1.1

Is it possible to configure ip fowarding to reach internet from internal network?

Thank you,
    Riccardo