Posts by Bleckman

update: i updated Plex and the other things, the lag is gone, the videos play with no stuttering, I'm scared to update back to 3 or 4, because it works great.

any way.. it just works.

lets put it this way...

Nothing works in linux, the plex media server won't work on openmediavault, i don't even know how to configure that MPD plugin

i tried eveything in the forums, im using my wincdows PC as a media server because it just WILL NOT WORK

I got it to work, turned out my Hard Drive needed to be NTFS not fat32 did a re-format, moved everythng back and it worked.

i sent this post to trash because i got it working.

i i kinda knew that but I got lazy and didn't feel like re-formating LOL

Good luck. Never saw your post. Sad that you give up on OMV after not getting a response after less than 40 hours and not bumping the post.
    Are they actually ntfs drives? Is it an RPi?

48 hours to make make samba be able to write to a disk is a little much, I used samba, i want NFS so i can use runeaudio, as samba is not directly supported b by that.

Its NOT going to work, I downgaraded to 2.25 and the permissioins will NOT work, re-installed this, i restarted smb, ive tried a live debian DVD, i still get "NO PERMISSION"

even when I login as admin to the web portal, i still get Operation not permitted.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sda1' 2>&1' with exit code '12': NTFS signature is missing.Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Invalid argumentThe device '/dev/sda1' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS.Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of apartition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?

what does that mean?? I keep gettting that Error every time i go to mount my USB hard Drives.