Beiträge von SelfhostedPro

As much as I like OMV I also like the style I've got going on. I can look into adding some env variables to enable theming soon if you really wanted to make it look like OMV (color wise).

BTW, Image, Network, and Volume managment are in Yacht now. I know MacVlan is important to you guys so if you have any recommendations please let me know or open an issue.

That would definitely be out of scope unfortunately. I am open to adding an env variable to yacht to autoload OMV template variables though which may make it a bit easier for volume mounts.

The port forwarding side of things is already accomplished via variables. As far as UI being integrated, the project is independent from OMV. It does have an API and documentation if OMV decides they want to integrate with it but I wouldn't count on it as it's a bit out of scope for either project.

I just installed Yacht and it immediately showed me a problem with one container that wasn't visible with Portainer until I did a deep inspection, something I wouldn't have done without some indication there was a problem.

It was a problem (continuous restarting) which also showed up in the old Docker plug-in and which still doesn't show in Portainer, something I pointed out before if memory serves.

Glad to hear that! It's definitely still a work in progress and lots of things are being worked on. If you have any feature requests or thoughts on things that you think should change please feel free to open a Feature request on the GitHub repo.

This coming week I'm hoping to get Image, Volume, and Network managment into the master branch. Then it's back to docker-compose (decided to work on these so I could have a break and re-evaluate how I want to do things) if anyone has an idea of a good UI flow I'd love to hear it (I'm thinking similar to the apps list but it shows the stack and you can select services to up/down and view details on)

Thats what I could really do with, I love docker and OMV, but haven't found a guide that makes sense to me yet :(

I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I threw together a beginners guide and using the templates that are recommended (if you go to add a template and there aren't any it'll have the url of the templates I recommend) it should be just clicking next through the deployment ( once you set your template variables) : https://ycht.tech/Installation/gettingstarted/

I would also add a link (of the docker project) to the docker image template of the image where it it shows installation or the wiki. New people will be very confused with installation.

I would also like to see more verbose error messages. I installed guacamole which errored, so I thought it didn't install, but it actually did. It seems to be running fine?

When I look in the logs in portainer, I can see the error. Anyway to have logs show up in yacht?

More verbose errors are currently in the dev environment. Working on a few things and then they'll be pushed to master. I'll see about getting template variables to work with env variables as well as currently they're restricted to volumes. Will definitely work on getting these suggestions added.

I think he was referring to being able to browse to the bind point "outside" of the container. Being able to navigate /browse to media storage (for example) on the host would be nice, versus being forced to type in (or paste) a letter perfect exact path.

It might not be a good idea to enable being able to change a default bind point on the inside of a container. That's more in the realm of the Docker developer.

Yes but Yacht runs in a container so that would require mounting an additional volume to include your network shares as it's restricted to it's own filesystem and I would like to keep the launch command as simply as possible.

I'm using Traefik. Is it possible to add labels in Yacht?

Yes, this was added in the latest release.

Great suggestions everyone! Once I get updates, editing, and docker-compose support working I'll be working on adding networking settings/management (as well as volumes and images). If there's anything else you can think of please be sure to mention it. If you want to go the extra mile you could also open up a feature request issue at the github repo. https://github.com/SelfhostedPro/Yacht

Check out techno dad life on youtube. He has a great video on doing this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

How should i do it? It's impossible to do any command from terminal.
    it's like the openvpn command is still running in the forground and sometimes spits out information, it seems to be connected but i want to be 100% sure. I uploaded a picture of how it looks.

Hit control+x to exit the openvpn command. You can run the command in the background by adding an & to the end of it.

Are you putting all of your traffic through their VPN service or are you trying to just use it for your bittorrent client?

I'm trying to setup organizr to have easy access to everything in my homelab and most things work fine but when I add my OMV instance it's giving me a blank page. Is there any way for me to enable iframes so that I can access OMV from within Organizr? (All of this is behind a caddy reverse proxy btw) I'm on the latest version of OMV with all packages up to date. I read another thread about getting it to work but they used the links plugin and I'm not able to find that in the default repo or the extras repo.