Posts by ToKind

Hi everyone,

in case you want to connect for syncing your Nextcloud with a local LAN connection as well as out of your local LAN ( via duckDNS,spDYN,etc.), the following config adjusting works for me.

To enable a local connection, you have to forward the exposed Docker port 443 (80 if needed) to your wished port - here 444. The Nextcloud config needs little adjustment as well. Add your OMV IP with respective Nextcloud Docker port to the trusted_domain array.

Code
    trusted_domains' =>
    array (
    0 => 'your.domain-Nextcloud.com', //here should be your DuckDNS/DNSprovier Domain
    1 => '192.168.2.3:444', //here should be the IP of your OMV with respective Nextcloud docker port forwarding
    ),

Furthermore, when you follow the provided instructions on how to setup the linuxserver/letsencrypt, you have to add following lines to your Nextcloud config:

Code
    # make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
    # assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
    # located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
    # 'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
    # 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
    # 'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
    # 'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

Here you have to change the 'overwrite.cli.url entry and delet or mark as comment overwritehost in the Nextcloud config:

Code
    'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https', //instead of 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/'
    'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com', <- delete this line or marks as a comment

Restart your Nextcloud Docker.

Now you should be able to open Nextcloud with your local IP as well with your own domain. But be aware, if you log in locally and share a folder/file, the created link will be with your local IP and therefore not accessible from outside of your network. You can either replace the IP from the created link with your domain

Code
    locally created shared link:
    https://192.168.2.3:444/s/jkyY6jP2dnzDdEF
    replace the IP with your domain to make link accessible for public:
    https://your.domain-Nextcloud.com/s/jkyY6jP2dnzDdEF

or you have to login with your domain on Nextcloud and create the share link from there.

Hi!

I was also struggling with the occ commands while moving my Nextcloud from version 15.0.14.1 (local) directly to version 18.0.3.0 in to docker (linuxserver/nextcloud). After rsync the /data, /config, /apps/deck folder and uploading the mysql DB backup into the linuxserver/mariadb, I was not able to run any occ commands inside the docker. After logging into my Nextcloud docker

Code
    docker exec -it Nextcloud bash

trying to run occ ended up with following issue

The solution for me was to alter the command as follow:

Code
    root@omv:/$ sudo -u abc php7 occ status
    sudo: setrlimit(RLIMIT_CORE): Operation not permitted
    - installed: true
    - version: 18.0.3.0
    - versionstring: 18.0.3
    - edition:

Before executing you have to change to the respective directory cd /config/www/nextcloud/

Maybe it will be for someone of help.

After fixing an DNS problem, I continued with the re-installation. Due to the help I was able to reinstall all plugins, which still had all my settings. There was no difference in SSH installation via apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-XXXX (XXX - plugin name) or over WebGUI->Plugins. The MySQL plugin had to be disabled and enabled, before nextcloud was reachable.

A big THANK YOU to macom, Wolf2000 and ryecoaaron. :)

After a restart I was able to reach the WebGUI with my password!! 8o But all my services/plugins are gone. All of them have the "rc" status. Autoshutdown, MySQL, etc. Is there a way to restore MySQL plugin? Should I reinstall the plugins as I did with OMV, with the hope, that all old configuration files will be available?

Thank you ryecoaaron. I ran the command and 152 packages were installed. In between an interface came up, where I had ti choose between two different FTP setups. I picked the upper one for rare FTP usage. Afterwards the following message was in between the installation:

Code
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
    W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
    W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.
    update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `smartmontools' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (1 2 3 4 5) of script `smartmontools' overrides LSB defaults (1).

If you would like to see the full output, pls let me know.
    According to the last interface the installation should be finished with omv-initsystem

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# omv-initsystem
    W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
    W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.

X/

Hello Wolf2000. Thank you for your reply. I haven't tried apt-get purge. But the output of apt-get install reinstall openmediavault wasn't that successful I guess. Since I chose German as system language, line 2 to 5 are:

• 2.Reading package lists... Done
    • 3.Building dependency tree
    • 4.Reading state information... Done
    • 5. E: Package reinstall couldn't be found.

I am still confused why all packages have been removed. Are they removed every time an update is performed?

Thank you for your answer. I ran several updates through the WebGUI, didn't choose all of them. One produced an error and I rebooted the machine. Afterward I got stuck with the problem. It is strange that the packages have been removed. Was not my intention at all!

Has someone else an idea how I could fix it?

I noticed to late, that I posted somehow in the wrong section. Sorry for that. Maybe a moderator could move it to general.

Hello Everyone,

First of all, a big appreciation and thanks to those who spend their free time to create and develop OMV!! :):)

After the last update, I'm not able to reach the WebGUI and Nextcloud. But SSH is working. Therefore I checked the forum for similar problems and solutions, but I wasn't successful. I tried a few things.

apt-get clean

apt-get update

apt-get upgarde

service nginx status

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# service nginx status
    ● nginx.service - LSB: starts the nginx web server
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nginx)
    Active: active (exited) since Mo 2017-10-16 11:00:43 CEST; 3min 55s ago
    Process: 599 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nginx start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

And service openmediavault-engined status...which had a warning

Did I destroy somehow the openmediavault-engine?

Maybe this is also of help
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    rc openmediavault 3.0.88 all Open network attached storage solution
    rc openmediavault-autoshutdown 3.1.4 all OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin
    rc openmediavault-backup 3.6 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-letsencrypt 3.2 all Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    rc openmediavault-mysql 3.0.4 all MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc openmediavault-nginx 3.0.11 all Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.26 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc openmediavault-wakealarm 3.2 all wakealarm plugin for OpenMediaVault.

I use OMV mainly as a Nextcloud platform and I would be grateful for some help.

ToKind