Posts by XabiX

Hello

I have similar issue, was this solved? and how?

Any idea?

Merci

Hello

Not sure why but nginx restarts all the time. OMV 5.3.9-1. Logs say:

apt-cache policy nginx

Code
    nginx:
    Installé : 1.14.2-2+deb10u1
    Candidat : 1.14.2-2+deb10u1
    Table de version :
    *** 1.14.2-2+deb10u1 500
    500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
    500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main amd64 Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

service nginx status

Any idea of the issue?

I tried: "omv-salt stage run deploy" already

Merci

XabiX

Hello,

I added a new disk recently which is mounted and I can see in File Systems but can't use in Shared Folders etc...

Any idea of what the issue could be?

Thank you

XabiX

Hello All,

Sorry the SSD who died was within the OMV instance so I didn't need to reinstall anything. I am just trying to delete the all disk to reconfigure my shares with the new SSD.

This should be an easy operation but it doesn't seem to work.

Basically what I am trying:

• Delete the SMB entries
    • Delete the Shares
    • Delete the old disk
    • Recreate the Shares with the new disk
    • Recreate the SMB entries based on the new Shares based on the new disk.

So OMV has not changed neither be reinstalled.

Merci
    XabiX

PS: If I can get working, I will re install OMV but as it was difficult to get the quotas working I was planning to reconfigure the existing OMV instance :)

Hello,

My SSD died so I installed a new one. Running OMV 5.14

1/ I was just planning to update the Shares entries to point to the right disk while keeping the same config but I get this: 1.txt

2/ then I tried to delete the SMB entries first to potentially be able to recreate the Shares afterwards but I can't neither. 2.txt

3/ Is there a cleaver way to tweak the Disk entry so the rest remains the same as the new SSD is the same sizes and I want to have it configured with the same Shares and SMB entries etc...

Thanks
    XabiX

Can you please run the commands and post the output

Bash
    # omv-salt deploy run fstab
    # cat /etc/fstab
    # omv-salt deploy run quota

Please make sure that you are on 5.0.10.

not sure what happened but now it works:
    root@OMV-CAM:~# repquota -a
    *** Rapport pour les quotas user sur le périphérique /dev/sdb1
    Période de sursis bloc : 7days ; période de sursis inode : 7days
    Block limits File limits
    Utilisateur utilisé souple stricte sursis utilisé souple stricte sursis
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    root -- 221211572 0 0 2706 0 0

Here is the output of the commands

I believe the modules are loaded but it's the line within fstab which is wrong.

Code
    root@OMV-CAM:~# quota --version
    Utilitaires quotas version 4.04.
    Compiled with: USE_LDAP_MAIL_LOOKUP EXT2_DIRECT HOSTS_ACCESS RPC RPC_SETQUOTA BSD_BEHAVIOUR
    Rapports de bugs à jack@suse.cz
    root@OMV-CAM:~# find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -type f -name '*quota_v*.ko*'
    /lib/modules/4.19.0-5-amd64/kernel/fs/quota/quota_v1.ko
    /lib/modules/4.19.0-5-amd64/kernel/fs/quota/quota_v2.ko
    root@OMV-CAM:~# cat /proc/mounts | grep ' / '
    /dev/sda1 / ext4 rw,noatime,nodiratime,discard,errors=remount-ro 0 0

I think there is a bug. Can I edit the fstab manually in between, what should be the right syntax?
    BEFORE: /dev/disk/by-label/Samsung840Evo /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Samsung840Evo ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    AFTER???: /dev/disk/by-label/Samsung840Evo /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Samsung840Evo ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrquota,grpquota,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

(this last line didn't work neither)

In 4.x it was working. You may be right as I don't get much using repquota etc...

Not sure how to best check if the module is loaded but from the mount I don't seem to see the quote arguments being displayed and neither a quota module being loaded. What should I do to manually load it (insmod?)

Code
    root@OMV-CAM:~# mount
    /dev/sdb1 on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Samsung840Evo type ext4 (rw,relatime)
    /dev/sdb1 on /sharedfolders/Back type ext4 (rw,relatime)
    /dev/sdb1 on /sharedfolders/Front type ext4 (rw,relatime)
    /dev/sdb1 on /sharedfolders/Side type ext4 (rw,relatime)

Merci

Hello,

After using OMV 4, I moved to 5 to benefit to move to Debian 10.

When I try setting the quotas, I can this error:

Fstab have quota on:

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Samsung840Evo /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Samsung840Evo ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Any idea of the issue?

Merci

Hello,

I am using the 0.5.10-1 release and when I try to enable syslog on a remote server I get this error:

Any idea of the issue?

Merci

Thank you. I have changed the labels and rebooted but still getting an error
    and

I have also tried to remove the entries in fstab like

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/SSD1To /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD1To extdefaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,discard,acl 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/HGST\x204To /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HGST\0404To ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

and

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Samsung\x20840\x20EVO /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Samsung\040840\040EVO ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

but still getting an error:

and fstab gets recreated but with the spaces (x20)
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Samsung\x20840\x20EVO /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Samsung\040840\040EVO ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I have installed 2 instances for different uses (as a reinstall of OMV 4) but can't get any of them to work.

I tried googling and attempted things like 'salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache' and 'omv-salt stage run prepare' but I don't really know what the pb is.

Here is an example when I try to mount one disk:

Code
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run fstab 2>&1' with exit code '1': /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/decorators/signature.py:31: DeprecationWarning: `formatargspec` is deprecated since Python 3.5. Use `signature` and the `Signature` object directly *salt.utils.args.get_function_argspec(original_function) debian: ---------- ID: create_filesystem_mountpoint_796d5a5c-86e1-4aa5-9fd3-9e30ffb5908b Function: file.accumulated Result: True Comment: Accumulator create_filesystem_mountpoint_796d5a5c-86e1-4aa5-9fd3-9e30ffb5908b for file /etc/fstab was charged by text Started: 14:32:47.846011 Duration: 0.451 ms Changes: ---------- ID: mount_filesystem_mountpoint_796d5a5c-86e1-4aa5-9fd3-9e30ffb5908b Function: mount.mounted Name: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD1To Result: True Comment: Target was already mounted Started: 14:32:47.846861 Duration: 138.729 ms Changes: ---------- ID: create_filesystem_mountpoint_8fefba89-3cb0-4026-888d-253e24028139 Function: file.accumulated Result: True Comment: Accumulator create_filesystem_mountpoint_8fefba89-3cb0-4026-888d-253e24028139 for file /etc/fstab was charged by text Started: 14:32:47.985753 Duration: 0.66 ms Changes: ---------- ID: mount_filesystem_mountpoint_8fefba89-3cb0-4026-888d-253e24028139 Function: mount.mounted Name: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HGST 4To Result: False Comment: mount: bad usage Try 'mount --help' for more information. Started: 14:32:47.986481 Duration: 158.221 ms Changes: ---------- ID: append_fstab_entries Function: file.blockreplace Name: /etc/fstab Result: True Comment: No changes needed to be made Started: 14:32:48.145460 Duration: 2.213 ms Changes: Summary for debian ------------ Succeeded: 4 Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 5 Total run time: 300.274 ms in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\System\Process->execute() #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy() #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(899): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChanges', Array, Array) #6 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array) #9 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1) #10 {main}

Here is another example on the 2nd instance: