Posts by Darkplatinum

I have had this raspberry pi 2 running the image for sometime now. Thats the reason i woudn't want to setup my media server and Samba shares again. It uses a Sandisk 16GB ultra idk what class.

Hi! Today I fired up my raspberry Pi 2 running the OMV 3 image. It was taking a long time to boot up. I could ping it but couldn't ssh into it or access the website. I took out the USBs and tried again. This time it still took a long time but eventually worked. Is there a fix for this? I don't want to reinstall a new image and setup everything again. :/

Thanks

of course. As i said previously i didnt have internet during the installation. Its possible something went wrong with the repos? I got some error then due to not connecting to the mirror linked with my region

Do you see the plexmedia repo from the plugins page?

I dont have any windows devices. The thing about the SD card filling up, I dont use the SD card to store media. I use USBs. I currently have 1x16GB USB and 2x8GB. BTW, I chose my plex location on my 16GB, will meta data be sent to the SD card still?

Great! You're fixed. (In this particular case, just changing this setting wouldn't cause the R-PI to instantly reboot.)You could enable monitoring, if you like. Your call.

Since you're working again, have you given any thought to cloning your SD-card? Once you get OMV configured the way you want it, if you clone your SD-card (with Clonezilla or Win32Diskimager) you'd have a backup. If the R-PI fails to boot, pop in the backup SD-card and you're back up. Also, this would give you the flexibility of trying different or new OMV features and settings without having to worry about messing up your install. Just a thought.

When i goto the download page of clonezilla, it says debian. Does this mean i can download it on my raspberry pi 3 (Not the server) and use it? My other questions is, How much bandwidth would my server take? Its running 3 samba shares and a plex server.

Great! You're fixed. (In this particular case, just changing this setting wouldn't cause the R-PI to instantly reboot.)You could enable monitoring, if you like. Your call.

Since you're working again, have you given any thought to cloning your SD-card? Once you get OMV configured the way you want it, if you clone your SD-card (with Clonezilla or Win32Diskimager) you'd have a backup. If the R-PI fails to boot, pop in the backup SD-card and you're back up. Also, this would give you the flexibility of trying different or new OMV features and settings without having to worry about messing up your install. Just a thought.

Is there a way to do this on a linux device (RPi3?) or an iMac? My other questions is, How much bandwidth would my server take? Its running 3 samba shares and a plex server.

Hi, I setup my plex media server and samba share yesterday and today i am encountering some problems. First off, my raspberry pi keep rebooting. Naturally I tested a different power supply. Same problem. ;( I don't know how to fix this.

Interesting. So when a client in your local network accesses your OMV NAS all the traffic is routed through the Internet instead of staying in your LAN (local area network)? Sounds pretty weird to be honest :)
    Anyway: I really don't want to confrontate Raspi fanbois with reality and if you're happy to pay too much for a NAS too slow any RPi is always a great way to waste some money.

xD your funny. BTW what do you mean exactly by it is routed through out the internet? My future NAS (should be up and running if i get the parts within a week) will be a Plex media server that is ported out of my router ( so that it will work anywhere in the world) and a local network storage running SMB.