Beiträge von daxk

One more question :)

I found this eSATAp cable and there is information that I don't have to connect power if I am using 2.5" HDD. So for test purpose I connected 2.5" SATA 32GB SSD drive and there is still no visible drive. So should it be extra power or not?

Hello,

I was away for some time...

@ryecoaaron: I didn't make investigation before and I just bought this cable on Aliexpress for few $. Now, thanks to @tkaiser and @TheLostSwede I am a bit smarter and in my Fujitsu probably there is no power in eSATA socket so I will look for eSATAp cable.

Thanks all of you :)

Hello,

This is my cable and there is no option to connect power cable. I suppose that in e-Sata/USB port should be power, but I didn't found any information in Fujitsu documentation. Any idea ?

Hello,

I wish to make backup of my OMV data to external hdd. Because I have only USB 2.0 ports and backup is so slow that it doesn't make any sense to use it I decided to use eSATA port which I also have. So I bought eSATA to SATA cable and connect disk to it and... nothing happen. So does OMV support eSATA out of the box (I builded NAS on Fujitsu Q5030) or should I install something before?

Hello,

I have fresh OMV 4.1.7 and I wanted to share folder via SAMBA and FTP. So I started configuration with Samba and it works. When I turned on FTP and add shared folder I found that I can't connect to OMV via FTP. I get in Filezilla "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server". I turned off and on FTP service few times but without luck. I tested it with and without anonymous log in. I tried from two different computers in the same local network as OMV.

When I checked ftp logs and every time I start FTP service I get this:

Code
    May 29 12:08:38 OMV proftpd[21557]: Starting ftp server: proftpd
    May 29 12:08:38 OMV proftpd[21557]: Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing.
    May 29 12:08:38 OMV proftpd[21557]: .

Is it connected? How to fix it?

Hello,

I have OMV 4.1.6 builded on FSC Esprimo mini PC and it worked well. I turned it off for week or so and now when booting I have such error:

Code
    quota-initial-check.sh[319]: Inconsistency detected by ld.so: get-dynamic-info.h: 121: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion 'info[DT_PLTREL]->d_un.d_v al == DT+RELA'  failed

and later RPC bind portmap and SMB Daemon failed to start. When booting sequence is finish and I have log in screen I can't log in. I enter password for root (right one :) ) and after few seconds I am back on log in screen. In recovery mode I have the same situation.

Can anyone help me?

It took me a moment, but I found a solution :)

I tried with few computers and as I wrote previously I didn't have problem with Linux, I checked that Android devices also works. Problem was with my Windows 10 PC. Meantime I connected to OMV with two other Windows 10 laptops ... and they worked. So I waited for Windows 10 April 2018 Update hoping that it would fix the problem. But it doesn't. So I started looking for solution one more time...

First of all I found that my PC is with Windows 10 Pro, rest two are Home version. Than I tried to connect via 'net use' in command prompt not File Explorer and this gave me an error message :) I asked Duckduckgo about it and I found this link on MS Technet. There is described the same case there. To fix problem it is enough to run "secpol.msc" and go to Local Policies -> Security Options -> "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level." and change from "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 Session security if negotiated" to "Send NTLMv2 response only. Refuse LM & NTLM". Click Apply and it works :D taadadadam :D

Hello,

I installed my first OMV and I made one share folder for SAMBA. I tested this on two PC (both dual boot with Windows 10 and Antergos Linux) and on one of them in Windows 10 I can't connect. It's asks me about user and password, but password is always wrong and I am not logged in. What's wrong? What can I check to fix it? If it helps I have disabled SMB1 protocol on both Windows machines and I would like to keep it :)

Thanks

Thanks for suggestions. Finally I decided to build two NASes. One is build on Fujitsu Esprimo Q5030 which I bought for ca. 45 EUR and another one will be build on Orange Pi Zero Plus with NAS expansion board which I already ordered on Aliexpress. I will compare how they work when parcel will arrive :)

Hello,

I would like to build my first NAS :) It should be one drive NAS with full disk encryption (disk size: 2TB) and quite compact physical size. I want to use OMV to do this and I plan to boot OMV from flash USB or micro SD card and hard drive will be for data. The problem is that I stucked with decision which hardware to use. Because NAS wouldn't be used a lot (2 - 3 devices and not in the same time) and I my budget is limited I consider to buy second-hand terminal: HP T5470 / HP T610 / Dell FX160 or an old PC in USFF like HP dc700p (the biggest in size and the most electricity hungry) or ARM platform (one of this: Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?) or some second-hand old NAS (like QNAP, Synology or Zyxel) if it is possible to put OMV on it...

So could you be so kind and advice me what to choose :) Or maybe I should look for something else?

thanks