Posts by tomspatz

Hello everybody.
    On my "old" omv3 plexmediaserver was running perfectly.

Now about half a year omv4 runs on the same machine. Today i have installed the plex plugin. It seems to work but as a new one and did not take the settings that are stored under the old path.
    Maybe its an problem with file permissions they are all untouched from the old system.

my path under the PlexMediaqServer settings is

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-MultimediaDaten/plexmediaserver

so i think that this folder has need to set the right permissions maybe ?

anyone a tip ?

one Question

As i understand and so in my System the generated Letsencrypt Cert is only for the connection outside your network:
    Internet -> provider A record for my subdomain to IP -> router Port 443 to Port 444 Letsencrypt/Nginx Proxy -> NC

Inside my network a Windows Server do a Forward-Lookupzone for my subdomain. So it is not possible to reach the Letsencrypt Cert.

Am I right, and this is how this configuration has to work ?

Tom

@Morlan i am getting right thet the line above isn't correctt ?

cd /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config

it shoul be:

cd /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/nextcloud/config/www/nextcloud/config

Anythig else ist to change the letsencrypt configuration in the docker-compose.yml which @macom has made when u use ony a subdomain for your NC.
    Simply include under enviroment:ONLY_SUBDOMAINS parameter.

SORRY admin for so much editing this thread, but i did not want to mess it up with some selfmade mistakes.

Tom

Hello again.
    I did a fresh install of OMV4 on a clead disk. Done all updates and install only OMV-Extras and LVM Manager. After that i connect my "old" RAID5 (4 WD 3TB disks) to the machine and start.
    All drives are recognized, also the RAID Array. All logical volumes on tat Array created under OMV3 are visible and it is possible to get the old data when i create a share.

But it is NOT possible to resize any of the Logical volumes. My Physical RAID5 Shows 8.19 TB and 3.78 are used on several "old" Logical Volumes.

Someone with some needfull tips.

nice sunday
    Tom

my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ got 5 different lists no idea which one and how has to be edited.

jessie-backports.list
    omv-extras-org.list
    openmediavault.list
    openmediavault-local.list
    plexmediaserver.list

SORRY i would pin my try here too. Iam trying to install docker on my omv3.
    Some tries and hours went. Also the way from montrey above. Only the one i get is:

Code
    W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease Erwarteter Eintrag »main/source/Sources« konnte in Release-Datei nicht gefunden werden (falscher Eintrag in sources.list oder missgebildete Datei).
    W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-backports/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
    E: Einige Indexdateien konnten nicht heruntergeladen werden. Sie wurden ignoriert oder alte an ihrer Stelle benutzt.

SORRY but an upgrade is impossible at this time, because i need iSCSI which will be supported with OMV5 i hope.
    As i wrote omv-extras are running the only thing is to install, enable docker.
    Anyone with a working sources.list ?
    my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ got 5 different lists no idea which one has to be edited.

jessie-backports.list
    omv-extras-org.list
    openmediavault.list
    openmediavault-local.list
    plexmediaserver.list

I try to manualy install docker because only enable in the omv gui did not install it.

Code
    wget -O - omv-extras.org/install | bash

gives at the end:

Code
    W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease Erwarteter Eintrag »main/source/Sources« konnte in Release-Datei nicht gefunden werden (falscher Eintrag in sources.list oder missgebildete Datei).
    W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-backports/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
    E: Einige Indexdateien konnten nicht heruntergeladen werden. Sie wurden ignoriert oder alte an ihrer Stelle benutzt.

Iam searching here the whole day but did not find help for this issue.
    Thx for any help

My well working omv screms to be upgraded. There are many services running on it and i'am afraid to make any mistakes. So i list all my settings here and hope for any tips.
    OMV version 3.0.99 working with disabled backports Debian GNU/Linux, mit Linux 3.16.0-7-amd64.

Plugins in use are:
    LVM
    Fail2ban (OMV-Extras)
    FTP
    iSCSI Target
    LetsEncrypt (OMV-Extras)
    MySQL (OMV-Extras)
    NFS
    Nginx (OMV-Extras)
    Plex Media Server (OMV-Extras)
    sensors
    SMB/CIFS
    SSH
    USV
    VirtualBox (OMV-Extras)

And a Nextcloud installation reachable through the Nginx.

As i read here there is a simple possibility to upgrade with

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

Before that all Plugins have to be removed ?
    OMV-Extras have to be removed too ?

Is this right all or have i to do anything else ?

Tom

step by step what i made:
    i ve created a file /etc/network/interfaces.d/additonal_IP with that content:

Code
    # Damit bekommt das Interface eine weitere IP Adresse (alias)
    iface bond0 inet static
    adress 192.168.50.100
    netmask 255.255.255.0

This file is own by root and has 644 rights
    My existing interfaces file:

after that i log in with putty as root and do omv-mkconf interfaces and check the /etc/network/interfaces
    Unfortunately without any change in it.At the end i made e reboot of the omv machine but all with the same result.Where did i make the mistake ?

Ok is this the right way ?
    http://openmediavault.readthed…atest/various/advset.html

Is this config OK for my project ?

now i am very confused ?(
    everything I want to achieve is to set an secondary iSCSI drive that would be reachable from the .50 network.As i understand there is a possibility to give the existing network interface a second, or third ip adress.With this ip adress (alias) i hoped to make this drive accesible from my 192.168.50.1/24 network