Beiträge von spinach

I answered my own questions which I will describe below for anyone who may be interested.

I changed the default admin password, just to be safe, and set up a new user and password.

I found a post on reddit that described the following steps for accessing calibre-web which worked from my Kobo Clara HD's beta web browser:

• In the Kobo browser, enter URL: http://192.168.0.100:8083/login (or whatever your IP happens to be)
    • Enter user and password. I used my new user's credentials. Click Login.
    • This should produce an OMV page.
    • I then re-entered 192.168.100:8083 (without the /login part) and this brought me to the calibre-web portal

The Kobo browser is beta (and has been for years!) so the experience is terrible but you should be able to navigate around and download books of your choosing. They will save to your device and open as expected!

I struggled for a while to get this to work but finally got calibre-web working without calibre proper and just this metadata file in place of an existing calibre database. I had to delete the multiple calibre and calibre-web images in portainer and directories in my /appdata folder from my previous failed attempts at installing calibre-web and start with as clean of a slate as I could. I placed the metadata file in my /books directory before going to the calibre-web portal. I entered /books as the database directory and everything worked as expected. After enabling the 'Upload books' option in calibre-web's admin config, I could upload PDFs, epubs and mobis. This is looking very promising!

Just a couple more questions about using calibre-web:

• do you set up a new user and password for calibre-web?
    • does anyone use calibre-web with a Kobo? I have a Clara HD and am wondering how I can download by ebooks to it, preferably wirelessly. I have tried to hit calibre-web's page through the Clara's web browser but always face a 404 error.

Flex? Do you mean Plex?

When accessing my music through my AV receiver's native HEOS app, I found that MiniDLNA misses many of the files in my collection. I already run Plex and use it quite a bit to access videos and music but run this through a Chromecast to my receiver. The missing files in the HEOS app using MiniDLNA were bugging me. If I use HEOS, my receiver will display the track name on its front panel which, I think, is a nice touch. I discovered that Plex has a built-in DLNA server that just needs to be activated. When I activated Plex's DLNA, my entire collection appeared in HEOS instantly and I find that searching for files is much quicker when compared to MiniDLNA.

Plex is either free or a minimal fee for the app but it's well worth it. It works really well, setup is easy and it can play anything I throw at it. Highly recommended to avoid unnecessary messing around.

If I remember correctly, calibre web is just a front end for the calibre database. So calibre itself is needed.

I think this is my issue. I thought calibre-web was all I needed. I've installed calibre and am now just trying to figure out the directory structure. Calibre seems to put everything (config and library) into one directory. If anyone has figured out a clean way to organize this, I would appreciate your guidance.

I'm trying to configure calibre-web in portainer using the self-hosted templates as per Techno Dad Life's videos. First off, thanks TDL for all the great how-tos. They are immensely helpful.

I have the calibre-web portainer installed and running. I can hit the web portal for it and see a basic config gui but keep getting an error: DB Location is not Valid, Please Enter Correct Path.

I verified my user ID and group ID are valid.

I have the following volumes mapped in the portainer:

And I added a LIBRARYINTERNALPATH env variable:

What am I missing?

Is anybody using beets in a docker container? just curious how you have it configured. i'm having trouble getting it to work.

are there any other music taggers that i can use remotely/locally from a chromebook?

It was a rainy night so I installed Plex in a Docker container as per Techno Dad's video. It worked perfectly and was chugging away at analyzing my media when the power to my house went out. I booted up my OMV and now Plex is not reachable through the web interface.

I deleted the container and installed it again but ran into the same issue.

I'm trying to come up with a backup plan for OMV before I commit to it. My current server (not OMV) backs up all data (not OS) to an external drive attached to the server. I have tried to replicate this with OMV but am running into issues. I'm not running a RAID. Just an OS drive and a Data drive. Ideally, if something goes wrong, I'd like to just be able to reinstall the OS and drop in the backup drive and be up and running again. This is possible with my current setup.

My OMV is running as a VM which complicated things a bit. I finally sorted out VMWare to see the USB drive and pass it through to OMV. OMV sees it under Physical Devices and File Systems, if I mount it, so I formatted it as ext4 through the GUI. I then installed the USBBackup plugin but this drive does not appear in the dropdown menu of that plugin's options. I understand that USBBackup needs to mount the drive itself, so I unmounted it, unplugged it, plugged it back in but still the plugin doesn't see it.

Is USBBackup not seeing it because I already mounted the drive once through the file system? Do I now need to go through OMV's config and delete any reference to it in there?

I do have an older raspberry pi lying around unused. Is it a better idea to turn that into a backup server and run these over my LAN?

Just realized I didn't close this thread. I did turn on notifications but I think the rsync was still failing. I was unable to tell with such a big job (2TB) whether it was still running or not.

I ended up rsyncing individual folders and that worked fine, though it did take a bit more babysitting.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

I spoke too fast. The rsync job started up fine so I walked away. When I came back, I was faced with an error box that screamed, "Communication Failure".

I thought my rsync job was timing out so I turned off my screensaver and power management stuff, plugged in the laptop and started the job again. It started up OK but threw up the same error.

Could it be the disk or VM resources? I've got 8 GBs on this with 4 cores, which I assume is enough, but I can add more. LAN is all gigabit. HD is a bit old but it formatted OK.

Yes, that was helpful. Thanks, subzero79!

It helped me understand that I can use password authentication to run the rsync job. After screwing up my VM and reinstalling it, I also discovered even using password authentication, I would still need to share my ssh key with my original fedora server before rsync would run. Easily done with the following command on my OMV:

ssh-copy-id targetmachine

I also needed to be careful with my "/" when specifying the remote directory in the rsync webgui. I needed one before my folder name.

Once I figured all this out, my rsync job worked.

I just got my hands on a new server. I'm running VMware on it and OMV is one of the VMs. I've installed OMV, added and mounted my data disk (EXT4) and am now ready to migrate my 2TB of data from my old server (fedora with NTFS drive) on to OMV. I think rsync is the way to go here but I'm having some trouble with it. Both servers have SSH access and both have rsync on them. I've read some threads in this forum and understand that OMV's rsync GUI is not interactive so cannot handle passwords.

I've uploaded OMV's public key to my old fedora server and tested an rsync job using the GUI. The job is configured as a 'pull' from the remote fedora server but I am using the password option. I cannot select anything under the passphrase option so didn't use that. It looks like it can login and connect to that fedora server but the job breaks down pretty quickly with an error about broken pipes and another one about file attributes not being transferred.

I've tried to find a guide or thread that helps with this process but haven't come across any.