Posts by Stramm

As far as I remember fstab is recreated every now and then and hence your entry will get lost.
    But please search the forum for info on how to change it and what to keep in mind.

you could try using a dediacated tmp directory for emby
    create a directory with proper prmissions somewhere on your hd. I used a dir next to my movie collection
    (in my case: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup/@Movies/transcode_tmp)

in the docker container settings for emby add an entry for volume and bind mounts (the just created dir as host path and eg. transcode_tmp/ as container path. The in the emby settings change the tmp dir to the just created container path.

Please explain more in detail... are you running emby in a docker or did you install the deb. What means 'it show zero on transcoding'? I assume transcoding isn't working and you suspect the culprit to be the tmp directory cause you don't see any data in there?
    If you installed the deb you need to install ffmpeg as well.
    If you use the docker, recheck extra args and gidlist (as mentioned in the setup instructions).
    Don't use hardware acceleration till transcoding is working.

I've the problem that docker starts before one of my HDs is coming up. Unfortunately my media is stored on that device. Means this renders my media inacessible by emby till I restart docker. So here is my solution to fix that. However I guess that one has to do that fix after every OMV update.

- Best is to have your media in a shared folder.
    - Now open a root console
    - list all mounts

Code
    systemctl list-unit-files | grep ".mount"

Search for your shared folder/ discs name. In my example it's

Code
    sharedfolders-\x40Media.mount

now edit

Code
    nano /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/openmediavault.conf

and at the bottom add (modify and add the found shared folder name):

Code
    [unit]
    After=The_shared_folder_we_found_before

If someone knows a better, persistent way... I'd be glad to hear it.

You could try to remove the image you downloaded and stop and restart docker.

On cli (with root) check if a plex image is existent

Code
    //check only for the plex image
    docker images -a | grep "plex"
    //or list all images
    docker images

I don't use Plex but I can show you the output for Emby

Code
    REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
    emby/embyserver latest 835050fb3fae 2 months ago 213MB

To delete the image (for my Emby example, you would have to adapt this to fit your Plex image)

Code
    docker rmi emby/embyserver

then stop and restart the docker service either using the web gui or cli. For latter:

Code
    service docker stop
    service docker start

Now retry and download the Plex image again... good luck.

With cloud solution I mean something like Nextcloud. Have a look at it and maybe it fits into your setup. You could host it external in a data center if theconnection is bad just between A and B.

A possibility is to have OMV in location A and create a nfs share here. That share is used by your A employees.
    Then you have a linux fileserver at B (another OMV box). Here you save data for your B people and at night you mount the nfs share from location A and let it sync your data. For that you would need to install a little tool on your B fileserver (FreeFileSync). You could automate this with cron.

Maybe someone else has a better idea...

Edit:
    The sysnc problem ist still not really solved with that solution (imagine both sides edit the same file in the same day... )

I think you still need to elaborate more what setup you have... and where do you want to include OMV into this setup.

What are A and B. Are this Linux or Windows machines? What filesystem you've chosen for the storage. Wherer is the OMV box and what should it so. Do people at A work on the same data as employees at B? When you rsync from A to B that data proably would be overwritten.
    Usually accessability is done with permissions and not loadbalancing.

Why not use OMV and install a cloud solution there (like @Adoby suggested) that holds all the data? The cloud solution should be able to handle permissions.

Zertifikate habe ich eins von STRATO selber zugewiesen bekommen, ist doch ok oder?
    Oder muss ich LetsEncrypt noch aufm NAS installieren, damit der seine eigenen Zertifikate bekommt? (Kenne das nur grob von der ehemaligen Firma)

Wenn Du SSH Zugriff bei Strato hast und ebenso auf das Zertifikat (das sollte ein Wildcard Zertifikat sein oder eben für Deine Subdomain), dann solltest Du das in Deinem NAS mounten und für NC nutzen können. Hab ich allerdings noch nie probiert. Mit LE funktioniert das mit den Zertifikaten schließlich problemlos.

Für MyFritz und eigene Domain siehe z.B. hier:
    https://www.pce-forum.de/anlei…igener-domain-t27109.html
    Dein Strato Account muß es Dir erlauben, den CNAME Eintrag zu ändern.
    Wenn das eingerichtet ist, landest Du schon mal bei Aufruf Deiner Subdomain bei Deiner Fritzbox. Um auf das Nas zu kommen mußt Du noch Portfreigaben einrichten.

Gehen wir jetzt davon aus, daß Du LesEncrypt verwendest, dann mußt Du mindestens dafür die Ports 80 und 443 freigeben, sonst klappt es nicht, Certs auszustellen oder zu erneuern. NC würde ich auf Port 443 legen, um Portangaben in der URL zu vermeiden. OMV auf 4443 oder 444 oder was auch immer setzen und nur im Heimnetz verfügbar machen, also keine Portweiterleitung dafür in der FB einrichten. Mehr ist das nicht.

MyFRITZ macht doch Deine IP nicht statisch. Wenn dann bekommst Du von Deinem Provider eine statische zugewiesen (gegen extra $$, normalerweise aber bekommst Du jeden Tag ne andere zugewiesen). Wie oben schon geschrieben, greift man normalerweise über eine DynDNS Adresse auf selfhosting Seiten zu.

Musst halt ein vernünftiges pwd in Nextcloud wählen und evtl 2Faktor installieren (nicht ganz trivial), dann mußt Du Dir auch keine Sorgen machen. NC hat im Einstellungsbereich auch einen Test, wie sicher Deine Installation ist. Das gibt auch schon mal nen Anhaltspunkt.

Warum soll das nicht sicher sein? Und statt immer die IP Adresse der FBox herauszufinden, wäre es evtl. noch ne Idee, einen DynDNS Service zu nutzen (es sei denn, Du hast ne statische IP).

I've download the iso to my Windows box, used some tool to extract the necessary files from the container (can't remember anymore which one but I believe 7-zip will do) and edited them (if you use Notepad, make sure the encoding you save with is not ANSI). Then put the files back into the iso container. The rest I've described in the other post.

Good luck