Posts by hari-bo

Quote from "ryecoaaron"

I was just trying to give you some options until then :) I'm sure the owncloud plugin won't happen until omv 0.5 and he still has a lot to do for 0.5.

Thanks for your help! But i'm looking for a solid solution like owncloud and not trail & error with critical data.
    For the meanwhile i'm using a tool with syncing with SFTP until volker has built an plugin. :D

Quote from "ryecoaaron"

You definitely do not want to share a cifs share over the internet. VPN is the only way to do that.

Owncloud would allow you to share the same directory that you are sharing via cifs and would do what you want.

Otherwise, you could use sshfs (if you use Linux) or WinSCP (if you use Windows, have to transfer back and forth to edit). sshfs would allow you to transfer/edit files just like they are local all over a nice, secure ssh connection. There are versions for Windows but I've never tried them.

Owncloud is very interessting there's a topic that volker is planning to develop an plugin.

Quote from "ryecoaaron"

With a plugin? No. Otherwise, checkout owncloud.

A plugin is not required, but if i want to share a cifs share and open the following ports:

netbios-ns - 137/tcp # NETBIOS Name Service
      netbios-dgm - 138/tcp # NETBIOS Datagram Service
      netbios-ssn - 139/tcp # NETBIOS session service
      microsoft-ds - 445/tcp # if you are using Active Directory
      Port 389 (TCP) - for LDAP (Active Directory Mode)
      Port 445 (TCP) - NetBIOS was moved to 445 after 2000 and beyond, (CIFS)
      Port 901 (TCP) - for SWAT service (not related to client communication)

In my opinion there must me a safer way to share/edit files.

Is there a safe solution to make files on a OMV server accessible everywhere, just like an cloud solution as dropbox?
    I was thinking about using OpenVPN and connect with an client, but OpenVPN development is dropped, is there another safe solution?

Quote from "ryecoaaron"

If you config doesn't change, why would you need a scheduled backup?

I guess if you had to have an up to date backup, you could use rsync or cp. You would just need to skip /dev, /sys, and /tmp directories.

Why? Because it's possible :D
    I fully understand that there are no changes, but i want to create a montly backup of this server to an offsite location without any downtime.

I understand that Clonezilla is used to create a imaged based backup, but then you have to boot a live cd and create the backup, this means downtime.
    Is it possible to create a backup with a running OMV server?

I've installed auto-sub it's working fine, but when the installation is complete the setup asks for adding a link to the OMV interface.
    But the link isn't added to the OMV interface, how can I add this link?

And will there be a tool to download subs for movies like subliminal added to this installation script?

I've some issues creating windows shares with user permissions, the following steps i've done.
    1. create user, not a member of any group
    2. create shared folder with default setting, admin r/wr, users r/w, others r
    3. shared fodler > priviles > created user r/wr
    4. create windows share

When i acces the folder there's an prompt for input credials, but the given user doesn't work.
    What i'm doing wrong here?

I've setup mail notification and it's working as it should, but is there an option to configure it that it sends only error and warnings because i recieve a lot of cron job mails when it runs.

I've found the solution, there was no cache directory :oops:
    You can create these with the following options;

Create the default directory for the cache with mkdir ~/.config
    Use another cache directory that exists with the option --cache-dir /path/to/cache/dir

So far as i now i only use the root user to access the console and installed this application with the steps above.
    I shall try to install it without sudo.

EDIT:
    I've tried to install the software without sudo, but it says that the software already installed, must i uninstall the software first?
    And i recieve the same errors from Subliminal

EDIT 2:
    I've started completely from scratch but still doesn't getting it working.

I've installed Subliminal with the following steps:

sudo apt-get install git-core python-pip
      sudo pip install beautifulsoup4 guessit requests enzyme html5lib lxml
      cd && git clone https://github.com/Diaoul/subliminal.git
      cd subliminal
      sudo python setup.py install

After the installation i run the script but recieve the following errors:

File "/usr/local/bin/subliminal", line 5, in <module>
    pkg_resources.run_script('subliminal==0.6.2', 'subliminal')
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 467, in run_script
    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1200, in run_script
    execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/subliminal-0.6.2-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/subliminal", line 99, in <module>
    main()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/subliminal-0.6.2-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/subliminal", line 55, in main
    os.mkdir(args.cache_dir)
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.config/subliminal'

How can I fix this?

Quote from "jhmiller"

There is now a uninstall option built in, when on the main screen place a "-" infront of the app(s) you wish to uninstall "-1" to uninstall CPv1 or "-1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7 -8 -9 -10 -11 -12" to uninstall everything.

This works great, why you don't add this to the menu as an option?