Beiträge von vonPaulus

virtualbox 5.2.8 with updated plugin, phpvirtualbox, and virtualbox-ext-pack-installer are in the omv 4.x omv-extras testing repo. And to answer future questions, this will not get backported to OMV 3.x and I'm not going to build virtualbox packages for i386.

Installed without problem now. I will test it today. THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT WORK! And patience for us :)

Edit:

Everything is working fine now. I can set up my OMV Server completely now. Thank you one more time.

I guess installing the meta package doesn't resolve dependencies properly but this will:

apt-get install -t stretch-backports linux-headers-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

Updating to omv-extras 4.1.3 should eliminate the need to fix this manually.

It fixes problem with virtualbox installation, but not with ZFS plugin. When i try to install it via WebGui i just get "Completed..." message immediately after clicking "Install". And nothing else happens, zfs plugin is not available.

Debian has to fix the dependencies in their control file. I will look for a bug report and report one if I don't find one (if I have a chance). Nothing you can do until then due to the dependency on the linux-headers-amd64 meta package which references the 4.15 headers.

Thank you for your attention. I hope they will fix this soon because virtualbox is my must-have on OMV :) Also OMV is my must-have already after migrating from Qnap.

Hello,

i've set up my second, fresh OMV installation v. 4.14 and now i'm trying to install VirtualBox plugin and ZFS plugin from OMV-Extras. But it gives me this kind of error:

Code
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     openmediavault-virtualbox : Depends: linux-headers-686-pae but it is not installable or
                                          linux-headers-amd64 but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

When i try to install "linux-headers-amd64" i get this message:

Code
    Following packages have unmet dependencies:
     linux-headers-amd64 : Depends: linux-headers-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 but is not going to be installed
    E: Cannot resolve the problems, stopped broken packages.

And when i try to install linux-headers by this command: "apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r)" i get:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     linux-headers-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 : Depends: linux-compiler-gcc-6-x86 (>= 4.14.17-1~) but 4.9.82-1+deb9u3 is going to be installed
    E: Cannot resolve problems, stopped broken packages.

How can i resolve this?

Hi Paul - Sorry - can't help you there. It would mean building your own filerun docker image including ssl and I have no idea how to do that!

SSL must be quite a common requirement though - you might try asking on the filerun site...

N

Hmm, i thought that it won't be such issue. I will try to find a solution for that and give some answers in this thread. Thank you again!

Edit:

Just wanted to clear things up (after almost 7 months btw but i forgot about this... ). Best solution for me to run web based file explorer in OMV is to install FIlerun on nginx plugin Web server with script available on Filerun website (.zip file) and secure nginx folder with letsencrypt. And done - we have modern, fully featured web file explorer secured with ssl certificate. Simple and works for me. This way you don't have to use docker plugin, just install with filerun .zip file.

Thank you namirda! I was looking for this kind of step-by-step solution for a long time!

I have also one question about filerun - i would like to use mobile api for it (which requires ssl cert) and also for security reason use it with ssl (to login via "https"). How can i do that? For OMV WebGui i can use a port choosed in WebGui system settings, but how can i secure my plugins (like FileRun or my www apps served by nginx)?

Thank you in advance,
    Paul