Posts by JERKBALL

Just for you guys getting attention to all that via google...

somehow my openmediavault-engined.service got masked...

so thats why starting it via console made login possible...

unmasking, enabling and startig this service made my system up and running...

Thanks for all your input!

Just for the records....

Volker posted some debugging help on rpc connection errors...

Code
    omv-engined -d -f

With that running in console I'm able to login in GUI again...

Console giving me following error message constantly:

But this all is not giving me any clue on what is broken in my system... :(

In the next thread like this the "BOT" will separate the second user into another thread. It's too confusing to work two problems at the same time, when one user with a problem, is attempting to help another user with a problem (in the same thread), instead of working on his own problem.

I'm so sorry to struck your (not existing) nerves but I offered that in the early days....

Don't want to occupie this Thread ... sorry... If these are two different situations, I open another thread for that...

But you just kept posting for some higher amount of posts in your stats ;)

All that rudish beside.. I really appreciate everyone who is offering his/her time for helping everyone out of his/her personal omv-disastery moment... keep up all of that and don't get suck down by all those negative people... just reflect yourself every posting you do...

Grats that you are up and running again...

That ls -la thing flew out to you mate... don't know why that bot felt addressed... as that won't help me with my RPC error... maybe kinda miscalibration...

Now think about a backup of your now-running-omv :)

You might be in a rebuild situation as well.

If OMV is partially uninstalled you could try apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
    (In a test I ran on the command, it didn't wipe the config but that's not guaranteed.)

If the above brings OMV back again try omv-update This can be found in the GUI under System, OMV-Extras, Settings tab, Update button, or run the command on the CLI. If you haven't updated in awhile, you might have run it twice.

Is this an AI Bot? :)

Reinstall didn't work as mentioned above and the omv-update thing brought me in the situation right now...

And a description how to initiate the update via GUI when the GUI isn't working right now? Come on :)

Have you updated OMV's plugins, in the GUI? (Not just the package updates.)

No ... just "atp upgrade"

I did update omv-extras pkg from their website just to be sure... but versions were the same...

GUI is not accessible anymore due to the error mentioned above so there is no way to update plugins via GUI

Have you tried the Proxmox kernel?

Think this is the Proxmox Kernel:

Code
    5.4.103-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.4.103-1 (Sun, 07 Mar 2021 15:55:09 +0100) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Don't want to occupie this Thread ... sorry... If these are two different situations, I open another thread for that...

Mine apt is broken too since yesterday...

ZFS Dependecies somehow changed during apt upgrade....

all openmediavault stuff got uninstalled...

Openmediavault is reinstalled via --reinstall but login in webif is not possible anymore

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Installing openmediavault-zfs uninstalles many zfs packages and leaves apt in an compromised state...

Hoping some maintainer points out the issue maybe due to changes in debian buster repositories...

Anything new on this case? Same issue here in my omv settings... No Disks in RAID and no Disks in ZFS...

Ticket on Github points to this forum with no further action...

Things I can debug for more information?

//EDIT

Forget my post above.... this Thread solved the problem as already mentioned earlier here...

you just can't update it...

If you update kernel, zfs will be broken I guess

this is just a workaround to use apt again...

just wait until bintray is working correctly otherwise

put an # in front of

Code
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis-testing stretch main

in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list