Beiträge von JapanFreak

hi so i have huge problem

my nas started creating daily bakckups on the data partition

so here is how its configurted with SnapRAID

yNAruIW.png

i suspected the problem coming form this

cerRPNM.png

so i deleted the snapshot but i cant delete the actual files it created i get this error every time i try

a2jZW5r.png

thanks in advance

Hi i have a question if i have an operation going on on the web interface and i close the browser or my pc (not the nas) will the operation continue ?

to be more exact im doing an snapraid sync and it says 7h eta and i want to shut down my pc will that be ok?

thanks in advance

Hi so i have 2 10 tb hdds in raid 1 with snapraid
    the problem is their are almost full so i need to add another 2 hdds
    my question is if i add to the raid 1 2 more drives will it delete everything on the 2 that are full or is there a way to expend the existing one without loosing the data?
    Thanks for your help in advance

Hi so i was using freenas and i moved to OMV the problem is that when i want to create a file system i get the fallowing error:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mkfs -V -t btrfs -O skinny-metadata,^mixed-bg '/dev/sdd1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': /dev/sdd1 appears to contain an existing filesystem (zfs_member).ERROR: use the -f option to force overwrite of /dev/sdd1btrfs-progs v4.7.3See http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for more information.
    can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance

If one drive dies you should be able to reconstruct the RAID 1 with the other drive. That is the idea behind RAID 1.

However, chances are that the second drive will also die during the reconstruction. That is only one of the reasons why you need backup additionally. And you most likely do not need RAID 1.

Search the forum for "RAID is not backup".

so il be better widout raid and make backups instead from one hdd to the other?

So i have 2 HDD in mirror my question is if one dies what will happen ? will it take the other hard with him ? or will i be able to reconstruct the raid if i replace the dead drive?