Posts by steakhutzeee

Hi,

i noticed this entry in my syslogs:

kernel: [1816962.694777] TCP: enx001e06328f28: Driver has suspect GRO implementation, TCP performance may be compromised.

Any idea what it is and if i have to do something?

Thanks!

ddfull gives you an image you can just write to the media. dd requires you recreating grub (on some systems), mbr, etc, and then write the partition image. So, ddfull is just easier. I kept the dd option because some people have extra data partitions that might be very large that they don't want in the OS backup.

Thanks a lot!

So my first backup took 40 minutes. All 32 GB were read and the dd full backup image is less than 2 GB. The microsd is 32 GB. Cloning it after shutdown only took 8 minutes. It's because it's live?

Two other things:

-It's ok to manually delete the backup files i assume.

-i can just copy somewhere else the .ddfull.gz file ignoring the other files generated by the backup process? If yes, why they are needed also after the backup is complete?

If you choose ddfull, the plugin runs a dd command that will read the blocks of the os drive sequentially and write them to a file. If one of those blocks changes after it has been read and written to the image file, it could cause an issue.

So this could happen:

dd reads a block, the block change in the meantime, the read value is written - but the block changed in the middle so it's wrong, Correct

Well powering down and clone the microsd sounds a lot safer. Assumed that the user should always test the backups, the ddfull seems a risk.

Hi,

was reading this thread [Backup Plugin] create a single img backup image for use with win32 disk imager / etcher, etc.

So if i understand this correctly, i can install the openmediavault-backup plugin and:

-backup full microsd card.

-write the resulting image to a microsd card to restore.

Got it right?

I'm actually powering down my Odroid HC2, removing the microsd and cloning it with usbimager.

Would like to ask how the plugin works, or better saying, how backing up a running system works in this case? Should i stop some services before starting the backup process?

Thanks in advance!

So i tried with this image: https://hub.docker.com/r/gists/dnsmasq

Port 53 was not available so i used 54:

Inside the bind mount /etc/dnsmasq.d i created the file dnsmasq.conf with this content:

Code
    address=/dk.lan/192.168.1.197
    #resolv-file=/etc/resolv.dnsmasq
    listen-address=192.168.1.197
    listen-address=127.0.0.1
    bind-interfaces

No luck, the dnsmasq container logs says:

dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for 192.168.1.197: Address not available

Hi,

I setup a Traefik container to reverse proxy my other containers locally and access them with "container.dk.lan", instead of "dk.lan:container_port".

dk.lan is my omv hostname.

Actually this is not working because i think I should add dns records in order to access "container.dk.lan".

Any advice I could I do this in OMV?

Thanks in advance!

Well at this point i could edit the file as you mentioned and reload the daemon. Could work in theory?

I never said using the delay won't work. I just don't like it because it could be waiting time it doesn't need to or not wait long enough. Waiting for all of the mounts (which is what the code is supposed to do) should work but I give up. Listen to someone who uses the setup that you are trying to get working (hint: not me).

Never said that, mentioned in fact that you said it's not optimal.

The point i'm missing is, the mounts number in the waitAllMounts.conf file depends on the number of the running containers? Or i can stick with the file i created?

If you really believe your drive is not mounting until after docker starts (I've personally never had that issue w/ an HC2 internal drive), after the next "blackout", just execute the command

Code
    systemctl restart docker

then after a minute or so, if you're right your dockers should be up like normal. If that's the case, then you have correctly diagnosed the problem.

These are exactly the same steps i followed, as i said in the first post.

To fix it...

If it were me, I'd delete that conf file, and give this thread a read...

Jellyfin portainer stack completely reset after 10-hour server shutdown: why?

The solution provided in the link you posted is the same as the first one proposed in the link i posted in my first post. This solution is not optimal as ryecoaaron says. Instead he suggests to use the waitAllMounts.conf file. The same file i issued this thread about.

The override file is created when docker is installed by omv-extras. Running the commands after docker was installed with containers running added too many mounts. But either way, it doesn't really matter because those determine when docker starts. Are you using restart-always for the containers?

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I use restart: unless-stopped.

By your response it's not clear to me if the .conf file generated is ok that way or if i should delete it.