Posts by CarfRip

Hello guys!

In the last week I tried to install OMV6 on my NAS and everything is worked fine until the last 2 days.

After the installation I set the static IP and then I regularly updated the plugins and installed omvextras, no connection issues detected.
    Yesterday I decided to install docker and portainer for Plex container and when I deployed the image I got the error:

Deployment error Pulling plex (ghcr.io/linuxserver/plex:latest)... Get https://ghcr.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup ghcr.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:48906->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

So I checked my internet connection and I found internet not working. The LAN settings are OK because I didn't touch the configuration after the plugins update.

Do you think it's a OMV6 issue guys? Is there something I can do to fix it? Thanks guys!

Hi all, I've been using OpenVPN on Docker for a while to access the server with OMV 4.1.35-1 and I never had issues until a few days ago, when suddenly OpenVPN has been loading for a long time until it timed out... I don't see errors in the OMV interface, the OpenVPN service in the docker is running fine and the other services work well but I can't access the server if I'm far from home,

I looked for a solution and I renewed the CRL but it didn't work for me. Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

Thanks a lot!

Where did you remove it from? I'm not seeing this error when creating a share

I removed it from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml; I just edited the SMB plugin, saved it and now it's all ok, the service is working!

I recommend using the plex docker because I'm not going to maintain the plugin anymore

Ok, I followed the procedure, so I installed OMVExtras first and Plex container in the Docker.
    Plex Media Server seems to work, now I'm updating media informations from Plex agents.

No problems if I play movies from the Plex web interface, both with the local and external network.
    I had problems with the Plex app for Android but I think I have to wait for the media analysis to complete...

Thanks so much ryecoaaron, I know that you don't read PMs but I sent you one, if you want ;)

Clear your browser cache.

Of course... How foolish I am... Ok, web GUI is working fine now, just 2 other question and then I'll leave you alone, I promise!

- SMB service gave me the error "The property 'nullpasswords' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'"
    I fix it by removing the nullpassword entry, like a user said, but I'd like to use this service in the future, how can I solve the problem?

- In the webGUI there is no Plex plugin installed now, but I can see it via SSH, it's a problem related to OMVExtras I guess, I have also OMV-Sensors installed and not visible in the webGUI, maybe I have an old version of these tools not compatible with OMV4... Is there a way to have them back without data loss?

Thanks a lot ryecoaaron, you are the real #1!

Files

• Screenshot.png

(72.55 kB, downloaded 197 times, last: )

My apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade ended up working and was left with a shiny new OMV 4.x

Did it stop yet? If not, I would ctrl-c and reboot. Then do apt-get -f install

Hi Lethol, hi ryecoaaron!

Thank you very much for your help, I did what you said, openmediavault is now installed with no errors and dist-upgrade worked, but my omv web interface still has some problems, although it's now reachable and I can log in, in the attachments you will see what I am talking about!

Now I can see the horizon line! :D

This is the dpkg -l | grep openm result:

Code
    root@CarfRip-NAS:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii openmediavault 4.1.22-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.32 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc openmediavault-openvpn 3.0.6 all OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.2 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    rc openmediavault-sensors 3.0 all Provides a cpu temperature monitor

Files

• Cattura.PNG

(17.04 kB, downloaded 249 times, last: )

That is fine since it is removed. Try: apt-get install openmediavault

I always choose the "Install the new version" option when asked, the procedure "finished" with this error:

It seems like there is no "lvm2" package installed and I say "finished" because the procedure is still executing, stucked in the last line you can read from the code; should I CTRL+C to abort it?

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

Still have the 3.0.99

Code
    rc openmediavault 3.0.99 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.32 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.2 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep linux-image

Code
    root@CarfRip-NAS:~# dpkg -l | grep linux-image
    ii linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 4.9.51-1~bpo8+1 amd64 Linux 4.9 for 64-bit PCs
    ii linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.6-amd64 4.9.88-1+deb9u1~bpo8+1 amd64 Linux 4.9 for 64-bit PCs
    ii linux-image-4.9.0-8-amd64 4.9.144-3.1 amd64 Linux 4.9 for 64-bit PCs
    ii linux-image-amd64 4.9+80+deb9u6 amd64 Linux for 64-bit PCs (meta-package)

Pay attention to what it is removing in the line. Don't answer the question yes if it is removing anything openmediavault

This is the list of tools it will remove:

libasprintf0c2*
    libdbus-glib-1-2*
    libgtop2-7*
    libjasper1*
    libnl-route-3-200*
    libnm-glib4*
    libnm-util2*
    libntdb1*
    libperl4-corelibs-perl*
    libpng12-0*
    linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64*
    python-ntdb*

I am not sure about "linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64"... Should I continue?

My mistake. I should've looked at the version of proftpd-basic in stretch. Your repos are changed to stretch already. You should be able to run omv-release-upgrade now.

Nope, still receive "command not found" :(
    Maybe because of the bad installation of openmediavault with apt-get install openmediavault

It says something like:

Code
    These packages have not resolved dependencies:
    openmediavault : Depends on: php5-fpm not installable
    openmediavault : Depends on: openssh-blacklist-extra not installable"

sorry if I'm wrong with the translation

Can you post the output of: apt-get update

- "Scaricamento di" means "Downloading"
    - "Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto" means "Packages read... Done"

I installed proftpd-basic with no errors, now if I try to install openmediavault this is the report:

Sorry for the italian lines, in english it should be:

Thanks again for your great support!

Try the following lines (as root):

Errors:

- apt-get update

- apt-get install proftpd-basic=1.3.5-1.1+deb8u2

Code
    root@CarfRip-NAS:~# apt-get install proftpd-basic=1.3.5-1.1+deb8u2
    Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto
    Generazione albero delle dipendenze
    Lettura informazioni sullo stato... Fatto
    E: Version "1.3.5-1.1+deb8u2" per "proftpd-basic" non trovato (not found)

The openmediavault package must be uninstalled. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    rc openmediavault 3.0.99 all Open network attached storage solution

Thanks a lot for your support, I'd like to keep my NAS plugins settings safe (like Plex) but if you think that SSD formatting is the only way I'll do it.

Thanks again!

This should fix up your sources so you can run omv-release-upgrade:sed -Ei "s/(stable|oldstable|jessie)/stretch/g" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* /etc/apt/sources.list

Thanks a lot! The manually update worked fine via SSH but web interface still doesn't work, should I upgrade to OMV4 with "apt-get dist-upgrade"? Sorry if I ask the obvious but I want to be sure of what I do... Thanks again!