Posts by gunneric

If I recall correctly you need to register the server with plex. It has been a while since I've had to register the server with plex. I think you need to go to http://plex.tv and sign in from the the site. I believe, again it has been a while, that the site will then look for the server on your network and register it with your account. If not, you may need to go in to the plex forum on the plex.tv/forum site and see if they can help you.
    HTH
    Eric

Hello all, not sure where to put this but here are the specs.

Raspberry Pi 3

3 hard drives connected via usb.

Every time the power goes out, I lose the server setup. I have to re-instal the entire server, remount the drives, recreate the shares. Go back in to windows and re-map the drives.

Is there any way of just backing up the flash drive and on a power outage just restoring from the backup?

Thanks in advance

Eric

Warlock,
    What JollyRgr is saying, is that as OMV is a NAS or Network Attached Server, it is better to access it through the client you are using with your User name and password.

You should set up network drive(s) on your primary access computer and manipulate the file locations from it.

Can you do it from the command line. Sure. Should you, NO, that is why we have "Windows" whether those "Windows" are on a linux, apple, or windows computer.
    If you are moving files within the folders, there shouldn't be any latency when you are manipulating files within the server. Latency only really comes when you are moving them off the server or to the server, and that depends on the speed of your connection between server and computer. :thumbsup:

When I set up plex using docker on my machine I followed this guy in setting it up.

I wasn't able to update, but using the information gleaned from the video, I was able to determine that the latest update to Docker which happened about a week ago, according to what I saw anyway, was that Plex now has it's own version of Plex Docker.

Here is what I did:
    1. In a Shell sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade (may or may not need the second sudo can't remember as it is 1:20 am and I just got it working again. This should update everything. Reboot)
    2. Go in to the Docker section and in the search area, just type "Plex", the first one to come up is going to be the official "Plex Docker", this is the one you want, not the linux/plex. "Start" it.
    3. Follow the video instructions through out the setup process in the video until he gets to "/media" instead of "/media" put in "/data", it will not work if you use "/media".

Unfortunately you will have to put all of your folders back in like it is a brand new Plex Server, but it will work.
    Right now, I have all of my videos and music, being put in the "Library", I'm using 2 of my 4TB, so it's going to be tomorrow before its ready.

Hope this helps

Eric